Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

Didn't learn much other than -

The local geography, proximity to Blackpool, impressive urban development of mixture of housing and leisure with an appropriate infrastructure in place

There's an Arsenal player that I want to marry

Benny is worse than I remembered

Their sub is a big pond playing for small cod

• Like 2

Says a lot about some of our scouting in attacking areas, Slimani, musa and Iheanacho prob top 3 worst signings in LCFC history, ship them all out and let’s have a clean slate! 

Particularly unimpressed with Iheanacho, pep and Man City laughing all the way to the bank, absolutely useless 

• Like 2

The players should be ashamed and so should Puel. A manager who clearly doesn't give a toss about cup competions.

Disgraceful shambles. Not a single shot on target. Midfield non-existent would be polite. If I see James do one of those stupid overhead flicks back to their players ever again.

I really woudn't care less if several of those players never pulled on a Leicester shirt ever agian.

The match clearly shows

A How utterly dependent we are on Mahrez for any sort of creativity

B Vardy is essential

C  Too manyof the fringe players are simply not anywhere near good enough for us to challenge at the top end of the Premier League

D  Our young players simply aren't anywhere near ready

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not going to have a go at the manager. Embarrassing for the players that are on the fringes of the first team and should be working hard to get into the managers plans. 

This! The manager gave players an opportunity to prove themselves and none of them took it.

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

lol

state of you lot.

it was shit yeah, but whatever - it happens in games like this. 

hopefully Puel will put out the right side next time at out place and when we're playing on a surface that doesn't resemble a ****ing landfill we'll beat them.

I don't know why, but you tend to come across as the guy who has an opposing view compared to the majority of the fans just because.

Playing conditions were the same for both teams.

We played crap against a League 1 side, had no shot on goal and that with plenty of players who have been at the club for many, many years and weren't that short on match practice, either.

Barnes - standout player for Barnsley this season, today made pretty redundant. King & James - woeful.

The only two players that I can somewhat excuse are Silva and Benalouane.

Edited by MC Prussian

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

lol

state of you lot.

it was shit yeah, but whatever - it happens in games like this. 

hopefully Puel will put out the right side next time at out place and when we're playing on a surface that doesn't resemble a ****ing landfill we'll beat them.

The state of you, excusing that performance.

I dare you to say that to the face of one of the fans who went. They'd probably deck you.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

What was people expecting? , always  going to be that kind of game.

We've got players in that side that are paid more than their side combined. I expect them to look like better players.

• Like 2

Twats at the BBC trying to sell the romance of the FA Cup when these types of games are always total dogshit.  Fleetwood were crap, their pitch was awful, & we fielded a team consisting of our worst players.

Ronnie Radford was nearly 50 years ago & the romance of the FA Cup is dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

About time people stopped going straight for the managers throat. He selected a team of internationals and most of them couldn’t be bothered. 

I was just going to say that then I read your thread spot on mate, yes he rested players but like you said we had internationals in that team, imo Puel made the right decision to go with the team he picked, let's not have a go at Puel, at least we are still in the Cup, 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mowmacrefox said:

Well said

cheers. I want Puel to be ruthless, feel like our side is dated and we need to re-focus on bringing in players with the right mentality and attitude (something that has been lost since NP went), and build a new side. Our current squad seems to be the same core team from a few years ago, plus a lot of dross/signings that didnt work out, plus maybe a couple of good additions (Maguire, Iborra etc.).

We don't want to go backwards, but I think there is a good argument for drastic changes and starting afresh.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Because at least 8/11 of our players are Premier League quality. 

Which 8?

I'd say Silva was the only one, the rest have a serious question mark, if we're being kind.

EDIT: and Gray

Edited by Kitchandro

Odd starting line up, not necessarily the players but where did this 433 come from, you're not going to click immediately with a host of changes and a new formation. Not really a lot to take from it other than we now know the reason why Jakupovic is no where near the squad. His distribution made Kasper look like Pirlo.

Barnes looked lost, but he wasn't the only one we just weren't at the races today Fleetwood were on it and in us. Move on and smash them in the replay.