Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (A) pre-match

They haven’t been great recently, and if we turn up with the right mentality and actually try to beat them rather than contain them...it could be a famous result.

That said...Hazard v Amartey ?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Musty said:

They haven’t been great recently, and if we turn up with the right mentality and actually try to beat them rather than contain them...it could be a famous result.

That said...Hazard v Amartey ?

Amartey struggled v Fleetwood 

...........................Kasper

..............Dragovic Huth/Maguire Fuchs

Albrighton Ndidi Silva Iborra Chilwell

.................Mahrez

...........................Vardy

Edited by Nick

They utilize their wing backs so well and we tried to match them at home last season and it was a master class by them. I'm tempted we do the same again as I'm confident we'd make a better fist of it. 

Call me mad but I'd let Harvey Barnes have a free role with Mahrez behind Vardy or Slimani. Silva is still finding his feet and Okazaki has been honking since Southampton away so I'm not so sure he's worth bothering with and Gray is in similar form.

Schmeichel

Fuchs

Maguire

Dragovic

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Albrighton

Barnes

Mahrez

Vardy or Slimani

I've a worry Matty James might be being primed for a starters role over Iborra which I hope I'm wrong about. James is a steady player but isn't fit to lace Vicente's boots and it'll be a mistake if he gets the nod. Iborra's now had a decent t rest which I hope has been the plan rather than getting James back in ahead of him. Barnes is a complete wildcard and maybe out of his depth in the PL but Puel is exactly the sort of manager to play him and it could work, he's a knack for starting well at every step up in level he's played at. 

Arsenal will have to put a very strong side out wednesday because they lost v forest. Which means Chelsea will be forced to up their team which means it will be 2 very strong sides. So hopefully the players will be nackered by the time they play us.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

Having seen Barnes at Fleetwood on Saturday , I'd be amazed if he is anywhere near the starting line up .My Barnsley supporting mates rate him highly , but nowhere near to James who they think is one of the best players they have ever had .

lollol remember when there was an out cry why we let Barnes go out on loan and he should be in our team or at least pushing for a place.

Edited by les-tah

Difficult to see us not getting overrun really, either through the middle or out wide. 

To counteract their threats, we would have to go with 4-4-1-1, with defensive wingers to cover their wing backs (Albrighton & Chilwell), and Okazaki buzzing around their defensive mids.

Problem with that is, it takes away a lot of our own threats. It's a game where I wouldn't mind us playing on the edge of our own box, as long as we were committed the springing fast counter-attacks at every opportunity.

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

In the first leg?

Forgot that it's a two-legged tie at that end of the competition.

Would prefer the competition to be just be completed in one game, considering it's a second-rate competition imo.

----------------------------Kasper-----------------------

--Amartey---Maguire---Morgan---Chilwell--

---------------------Ndidi-----Iborra------------------

------Mahrez-----------Silva---------Okazaki-----

----------------------------Vardy-------------------------

I would actually be very optimistic with something like this. Vardy and Oka would switch at times for Vardy and Chilwell to use some width on the left and stretch their legs. You could say Gray for Shinji but Shinjis workrate and knack for getting stuck in and linking up the play is so underrated.

Mahrez may be slightly isolated but basically have a free role, and then you have the midfield trio trying to control the match and shield the defence.

Gray and Albrighton to provide width and pace in the second half if needed.

Let's have it!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We’re capable of getting something there with a good performance. They’ve not been at their best recently and have cup games before we play them. 

I think we will see the usual Puel team (so Shinji on the bench) with Albrighton, Gray and Mahrez behind Vardy. Silva looked unsurprisingly off the pace against Fleetwood so I doubt he will start. Like Iborra, he will need a few games to adjust accordingly. 

The biggest concern is Wes and Simpson being out. Hopefully Moratta continues to misfire! Dragovic has had a few games in a row now so this will be a real test. Amartey has looked ok but some worry there too. 

However, I’ll continue my new year optimism with a 1-1 prediction!

I actually think, it would be a positive move, to select Silva.

He will get his 1st look at PL needs top level, pitch side.

I hope Iborra is fit...Then I go for Iborra/Ndidi/Silva...play as you mean to go on.!!

I still would like to see Vardy and Slim, given a chance together.So It would mean

4-3-3.  Dont risk Morgan or Simpson....Drago and Amartey to show what they can do.

If Vardy is till struggling...give Nacho a clip sround the ears, and tell him to go out and prove

he is up to the task....Use a top team to motivate, the whole group..

23 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

----------------------------Kasper-----------------------

--Amartey---Maguire---Morgan---Chilwell--

---------------------Ndidi-----Iborra------------------

------Mahrez-----------Silva---------Okazaki-----

----------------------------Vardy-------------------------

I would actually be very optimistic with something like this. Vardy and Oka would switch at times for Vardy and Chilwell to use some width on the left and stretch their legs. You could say Gray for Shinji but Shinjis workrate and knack for getting stuck in and linking up the play is so underrated.

Mahrez may be slightly isolated but basically have a free role, and then you have the midfield trio trying to control the match and shield the defence.

Gray and Albrighton to provide width and pace in the second half if needed.

Let's have it!

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I hope Iborra is fit...Then I go for Iborra/Ndidi/Silva...play as you mean to go on.!!

I still would like to see Vardy and Slim, given a chance together.So It would mean

4-3-3.  Dont risk Morgan or Simpson....Drago and Amartey to show what they can do.

If Vardy is till struggling...give Nacho a clip sround the ears, and tell him to go out and prove

4 hours ago, les-tah said:

Amartey struggled v Fleetwood 

Didn't they all struggle against Fleetwood you can't out Armety 

4 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Didn't they all struggle against Fleetwood you can't out Armety 

All players struggle in some game or other...

Many believe, its all about Chelsea..So dont go into this BS of whats our best team...

Be clever, if we lose or grab a point, we are 8th we aint in any real trouble.So lets have a look

at other permatations within the Considered Top 13-14 players...

If injury doubts are still floating around, then dont force the issue...

Still put out a decent team, giving our potential top midfielders their 1st game together, using a 

3 man midfield....Also give Drago and Amartey precious game time against top oppo,

Then also see if Slim, can produce with a decent midfield behind him....

On 6.1.2018 at 16:03, lgfualol said:

Schmickels

Amartey Dragovic Maguire Chilwell

Albrighton Ndidi Iborra Mahrez

Okazaki/Gray Vardy

Subs: Jak, Silva, James, Fuchs, Slim, Oka/Gray, Huth

Love me a bit of Schmickels in the morning.

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Don't think it will be a question of risking Morgan or Simpson aren't they supposed to be out for several weeks?

Play a narrow formation, force them out wide, have Maguire and Iborra deal with the crosses.

Schmeichel

Dragovic - Maguire - Fuchs

Ndidi - Iborra

Albrighton - Silva - Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy

Subs:

At 60 mins, bring on Okazaki for Chilwell, drop Mahrez back to the left wing.

At 80 mins, bring on Slimani for Vardy.

Amartey for Silva at some point if the defence are being completely overrun. Gray for Albrighton if we have a chance of a point.

Our defence looks really weak at the moment. We need to definitely invest in a new RB and CB.

We will lose this 2-0 with 1 shot on target the whole game.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Several guarantees:

1) It will be an uncomfortable watch - especially whenever Chelsea have a corner

2) Vardy will be isolated

3) Kante will rule midfield

4) Chelsea will score from at least one set piece

5) Hazard will take the piss out of Amartey (but we'll always have a soft spot for him after 'that' goal v Spurs)

6) Whatever the result we'll still be eighth (and still in the FA Cup) ?

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Play a narrow formation, force them out wide, have Maguire and Iborra deal with the crosses.

Schmeichel

Dragovic - Maguire - Fuchs

Ndidi - Iborra

Albrighton - Silva - Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy

Subs:

At 60 mins, bring on Okazaki for Chilwell, drop Mahrez back to the left wing.

At 80 mins, bring on Slimani for Vardy.

Amartey for Silva at some point if the defence are being completely overrun. Gray for Albrighton if we have a chance of a point.

Our defence looks really weak at the moment. We need to definitely invest in a new RB and CB.

We will lose this 2-0 with 1 shot on target the whole game.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree for everything but i would swap silva for james not amarty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

...........................Kasper

..............Dragovic Huth/Maguire Fuchs

Albrighton Ndidi Silva Iborra Chilwell

.................Mahrez

...........................Vardy

I'd go for this simply to avoid Hazard verse Amartey.

• Like 1