Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Leicester City v Watford. Premier League.

Based on what Puel said about Watford I would think that Iborra is certain to start. We will need his height and power against this lot.  Think Matty James will start as well, the interesting issue is whether he will start Silva in a three or play Albrighton.

My guess is he will go with Albrighton and bring Silva on if we need him. Personally I would start Silva because controlling midfield and stopping them feeding Richarlison seems to leave them toothless up front. Also I liked how Silva was starting to link up with Mahrez in the Fleetwood replay. If Puel is really wanting to build this team around Mahrez, then we will most likely have to move to a three in midfield to allow him the freedom to push forward more and move around . This makes him much harder to be double teamed by a fullback and wingback which happened all last season due to him starting wide left all the time. Every team knew where to find him. Puel as soon as he got here was quick to get Riyad to drift across the middle to find space and that coincided with Suddenly getting more goals and assists. I love Albrightons work rate and crossing but the more we get the ball delivered to Riyads feet within 30 yards of goal the more we become a  dangerous side. The next three months a crucial for us. Finish well and end up seventh or maybe sixth (as Arsenal may well continue to fade) and possibly win the FA Cup and we might  with Puel in charge, be able to get Riyad to sign a new contract. If he leaves in the summer we will still be a pretty decent side  but with him I could see us being one quality attacking right back away from having a squad that could easily win the Europa League and challenge for top four in the League.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FoxonMaui said:

Based on what Puel said about Watford I would think that Iborra is certain to start. We will need his height and power against this lot.  Think Matty James will start as well, the interesting issue is whether he will start Silva in a three or play Albrighton.

My guess is he will go with Albrighton and bring Silva on if we need him. Personally I would start Silva because controlling midfield and stopping them feeding Richarlison seems to leave them toothless up front. Also I liked how Silva was starting to link up with Mahrez in the Fleetwood replay. If Puel is really wanting to build this team around Mahrez, then we will most likely have to move to a three in midfield to allow him the freedom to push forward more and move around . This makes him much harder to be double teamed by a fullback and wingback which happened all last season due to him starting wide left all the time. Every team knew where to find him. Puel as soon as he got here was quick to get Riyad to drift across the middle to find space and that coincided with Suddenly getting more goals and assists. I love Albrightons work rate and crossing but the more we get the ball delivered to Riyads feet within 30 yards of goal the more we become a  dangerous side. The next three months a crucial for us. Finish well and end up seventh or maybe sixth (as Arsenal may well continue to fade) and possibly win the FA Cup and we might  with Puel in charge, be able to get Riyad to sign a new contract. If he leaves in the summer we will still be a pretty decent side  but with him I could see us being one quality attacking right back away from having a squad that could easily win the Europa League and challenge for top four in the League.

I would be amazed if ndidi didn't start......

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxonMaui said:

I agree with the most part, but I highly doubt that James will start. Still seeing the Iborra/Ndidi duo starting and Silva on the bench (obviously for match readiness reasons).

Silva will become an essential cog imo, and if things go well we're in for a treat in the second half of the season. This team could be arguably better than the 2015/16 one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aefevans said:

Just stopping by to congratulate you on tomorrow's win! The better team won!

Seriously, guys. We're horrific. Sock it to us.

You said that before we embarrassed ourselves at your place - never discount the ability of LCFC to shoot themselves in the foot !!

actually i think it was ‘super horns’ that posted in December - and it’s saturday that we play !

Edited by st albans fox

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You said that before we embarrassed ourselves at your place - never discount the ability of LCFC to shoot themselves in the foot !!

actually i think it was ‘super horns’ that posted in December - and it’s saturday that we play !

I was thinking exactly the same :( 

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It *was* me who said it last time. Only this time, I mean it.

2 hours ago, aefevans said:

Just stopping by to congratulate you on tomorrow's win! The better team won!

Seriously, guys. We're horrific. Sock it to us.

You will win it’s written in the stars . . . . Or some bull shine like that lol

may the best team win

as long as that team is Leicester  :D

9 hours ago, FoxonMaui said:

Good post that, I think you are right about Iborra. Also, there is that Ndidi fella.

It will be really interesting to see what Claude makes of it, he always seems to throw in an intelligent curve ball on selection

I know that Claude seems to be working Chilwell into LB as the long term solution but I still feel more comfortable with Fuchs in there - especially against these guys.  Love how it's hard to project the MF as there's real depth there now.  Really would like to see what Silva can do vs EPL competition.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I know that Claude seems to be working Chilwell into LB as the long term solution but I still feel more comfortable with Fuchs in there - especially against these guys.  Love how it's hard to project the MF as there's real depth there now.  Really would like to see what Silva can do vs EPL competition.

I think the fullback positions are now our weakest positions. Fuchs hasn't been at his best for a long time and Chillwell is clearly still learning which is understandable. I can't see us bringing another LB in and so I think Puel rotating these two makes sense and as you say, slowly develop Chilwell and improve the defensive side of his game. We obviously need a RB though. Simpson clearly the most uncomfortable in our new more possession based game and Amartey a good utility/back-up player for CB or RB if needed.

Edited by BrummieFOX
  • Like 1