Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Just now, vanity said:

Nobody is "happy" to sell now. But the reality is the club have told him he could go, that he needed to play hard to show teams he was worth an acceptable bid, and he has done everything Puel has asked of him, and now he has the opportunity of a lifetime, to play on what is potentially one of the best teams in football history. If we hold out for something like 100M or whatever you are suggested, we won't have the version of Mahrez we have seen this season -- we'll get mopey Mahrez, and mopey Mahrez is not worth keeping around. It sucks, I hate it, but let's not pretend we will get great performances from Riyad if we've told him he could go for an acceptable bid, such a bid comes in from Man City, and we say no. 

I don't think we would have agreed to sell him on the last day of the window with no replacement. There is a time and a place and it isn't now.

I’m sort of thinking that ManCity have only made an enquiry not a bid, they know £60 M will be dismissed so I suspect that there won’t be an offer at all. SSN can jizz all they like but they know fuch all. As for Mahrez, show your worth for the rest of the season by helping cement 7th place. 

We all accept he's going to move on but it's hard not to be pissed off about this.

He has brought us all so much joy over the last couple of years but this is a fvcking classless move that does us no favours. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Jim White practically coming in his yellow pants about this on SSN.

Fvcking drama queen.

Is there anyone who likes him?

Even if I was one of those creeps who compulsively watches transfer deadline day etc I would switch off as soon as I saw him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Arguing over the figure he should go for is pointless. We are in the same boat if he goes for 50 million, 75 million or a 100 million. The fact is, we can't replace him. We aren't a big enough club to be able to go out a buy a replacement who is just as good as what we have sold. They either won't want to come here or are already owned by the giant clubs. 

So by that token I'd just turn down all offers and hope he stays professional and sees out his contract. If he does, great. If not, put him in the under 21s and let him see him career deteriorate in front of him. 

4 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

COUTINIO £140m 

Mahrez is worth £100m 

all day long !!!! 

The offer is bollox 

spot on, how can Coutnho be worth 140mil and Riyad only around 50mil, and some people in the media think the 50mil bid is acceptable and the Coutinho one was too, what a load of bolloz,

if Riyad was at say Liverpool theyd all being saying 60mil is a joke bid, but we are "little old Leicester" so should be happy with such a low bid, but frankly we aret as its a BS bid.

I think he should be let go. With his style of play, that style is only possible between 18-24 years old. The vivacity goes away after 25 years old. Man City paying 50 million is a steal for Leicester. Sell while you still can!

EDIT: And he is NOT consistent! SELL !!!

Edited by DodoBird
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

This.

Only thing is it'll possibly take £50m to get zaha these days

Right, Palace are surely going to sell you their best player with one day left, while having a relegation fight.

Oh and Zaha isn't fit to lace Mahrez's boots.

2 minutes ago, vanity said:

We have an in-house replacement already, I don't think we will come across as incredibly desperate. 

If we sold Mahrez tomorrow I would expect the club to find a replacement. I wouldn’t expect them to just cash in and hope for the likes of Gray to step up and fill Riyad’s shoes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Arguing over the figure he should go for is pointless. We are in the same boat if he goes for 50 million, 75 million or a 100 million.

the point is we are little lcfc and its not right that the big boys can just rock up and pick up our best player under market value. lfc made barca pay 140 mill because they are Liverpool.

6 minutes ago, vanity said:

We have an in-house replacement already, I don't think we will come across as incredibly desperate. 

Just casually call palace.

"We were a bit bored and had a bit of a bet on how much you'd want for zaha. We were having a chat and decided we weren't sure how he'd get past diabate into the team but thought you'd probably take £25m?"

Edited by Guest

£60m isn't enough to shift him - not in today's market. We're not in a position where we have to sell him for a price that's dramatically shot of his true value in the current context. If Van Dijk went for £75m, Mahrez is worth £80m+. Easily. We also know we're dealing with the richest club in the country who can afford to pay his market value.

Those saying he will sulk if he doesn't get his move seem to forget that he literally left the Algeria camp to fly to Spain just on the off chance that a La Liga club might want to talk to him, and he's been playing his best football for us since the title winning season ever since.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ajthefox said:

We all accept he's going to move on but it's hard not to be pissed off about this.

He has brought us all so much joy over the last couple of years but this is a fvcking classless move that does us no favours. 

Well, he's always been like that, let's be honest. Even the way he plays is arrogant and selfish. And we all remember the airport fiasco. He's a primadonna.

Having said that it shouldn't make any difference, we still hold all the cards. I wouldn't sell him out of principle tbh, but we need to get shut of him in the summer because anyone who loves the club must be sick to the back teeth of this circus every window.

We're unlikely to find a player as talented as him but we can certainly find someone more consistent, so it's swings and roundabouts really. You have to let go some time.

• Haha 1

To be fair the guy owes us nothing and indeed Leicester will have made a tidy profit out of him. I am pained to see him go as many others are saying we won't see another like him with that level of skill and brilliance probably in my lifetime but business is business

Let's get to the FA Cup Final and win that then he may regret leaving as soon as he did. 

It's also interesting that after all this time, not one club has put in a decent offer for him and in this case it's only being done as a panic buy because Sane is injured.

He's an afterthought to these big clubs. He might think he's hot property but the fact is, he isn't.

• Like 1

Whatever happens, I'm going to be absolutely gutted when he goes.

Mahrez at his best, in a Leicester shirt, is something we'll all be holding onto in our memories.