Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

He was always going...Any other thoughts was hope and speculation.

He had to put in a request, so Clubs can make a move...

For me, its a question of how much...!!!

He is doing nothing wrong, there is no good or bad time, or even what is fair time.

Fans hacking him off , childish..!!   He has a right to up his career.He stayed longer

than expected, clubs tried to get him on the cheap. In todays market, we should be

looking for offers over 80mil+, silly market but thats life!!

If we give in...on price that will be our fault.

Some fans can build up for contempt for their own frustrating reasons, for me

if he stays or goes, hes earnt my grace and thanks.

Hes got to do more, than hand in a transfer request,not at/for  some fans liking,

before I start disliking him....So stay or go in peace my son....You gave us some

great moments, you go down as one of the legends....love to have you a bit longer..:)

There’s a bad time and a dreadful time. Nows the latter as we push for a Euro spot.

he can go in the summer when we’ve time to manage his replacement properly. We shouldn’t be bending over for Man City because they’ve lost a player for a few weeks injured.

i doubt Vishai will be interested unless it’s a crazy high deal.

Edited by Sublime_Coatsworth

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he hasn't travelled with the squad for a premier league fixture. id say there is more to it than just 'testing the water' !!!

At £50m and in January? Yes, they are.

Checking their shortlist after the Sané injury.

Mahrez is worth more than that, especially at this stage of the season.

Unlike the other crap most of the window this story has legs.

Club needs to hold firm, just for 2 days really, the offer is very low for the current market and we wouldnt be able to replace him in this time, plus our momentum under claude would be trashed I reckon.

Man city have been pretty sly

very late offer

low offer, probably been done on the assumption the player will force the move

mahrez doing a transfer request when he shouldnt even know about the offer if he hasnt been tapped up.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Hasn’t travelled with the squad for tomorrows game. Unprofessional and disrespectful of him

How do you that that it was his personal decision not to?

Might've been Puel, over fears his transfer request could affect team morale etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Unlike the other crap most of the window this story has legs.

Club needs to hold firm, just for 2 days really, the offer is very low for the current market and we wouldnt be able to replace him in this time, plus our momentum under claude would be trashed I reckon.

Man city have been pretty sly

very late offer

low offer, probably been done on the assumption the player will force the move

mahrez doing a transfer request when he shouldnt even know about the offer if he hasnt been tapped up.

His agent is working overtime.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Hasn’t travelled with the squad for tomorrows game. Unprofessional and disrespectful of him

As if he couldn't travel with the team and hop over to Man City if he had to take a medical... If anything, he'd be closer, right? Unless he's just waiting outside the Etihad hoping to get Pep's autograph. 

3 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Wouldn't there have been at least a couple of rumours/enquiries from us for a player in his position if there was any likelihood he was off?

This has been the dullest transfer window........until now

Seems similar to drinkwater situation where the interested club has came in extremely late in the window.

End of the day if the club say no there is 0% chance of him leaving this window, but will the club say no, the offer is pretty low and there is no footballing reason to sell him.  But the owners might welcome the cash injection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Spend £60m on an unproven premier league centre back, the. Think you can buy the best attacking player of a premier league team, proven, title winner, player of the year for less.

Absolute joke, if he played for Saints or some tin pot French team people would be saying £100m+.

This is the reality. 

I don't get why our players are so undervalued by the football world.

I blame that arse face Sanchez. If he had signed I doubt they'd go for Mahrez. Everything was going so well, 7th, massive match v Everton coming, F.A. Cup run looking good then there from above comes a shower of shite on our parade. I appreciate their injury to Sane may have jerked them into response but ffs bid on January 1st not a day before the window closes and with everyone focused on a big match. As for value we've seen Courtinhos fee, we've seen a CB who can't play CB (David Luiz) move for 50 million in the past, I'd want nothing less than 82.5 million, a set of tracksuits and a written acknowledgement that Shawodawady & Kasabian outclass Oasis, The Smiths and The Stone Roses. Oh and Delph.