Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Morgan or Dragovic?

Morgan or Dragovic?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be starting alongside Maguire

Morgan written off again after doing feck all wrong.

Purely on the basis of looking to the future, I'd like Draggo to get more game time. But I've not seen any massive deterioration of Morgans abilities. He was and continues to be good enough to play for us in the league. 

I'd wager those writing him off again are the same who said Benny was our best defender last year despite being a pub player. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

No he's not.

He really is. He is all last ditch, and I think it unsettles the back four.... he also loses his man far too easily at set plays. He may throw in a few impressive blocks but his overall game isn’t good enough anymore. Sentiments need to do out of the window, He’s not good enough.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

He really is. He is all last ditch, and I think it unsettles the back four.... he also loses his man far too easily at set plays. He may throw in a few impressive blocks but his overall game isn’t good enough anymore. Sentiments need to do out of the window, He’s not good enough.

He really isn't (imho ;)). Maguire has made more individual mistakes leading to goals this season, and I think even Harry's biggest fans would agree with that.

Harry takes chances, and usually gets away with it, and as Puel has said, is improving in his reading of the game. Wes, by and large, plays the percentages and gets rid rather than trying to play his way out, when under pressure. I don't think Wes has really dropped off a great deal (due to age), even if he isn't a Puel type of player. 

11 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

He really isn't (imho ;)). Maguire has made more individual mistakes leading to goals this season, and I think even Harry's biggest fans would agree with that.

Harry takes chances, and usually gets away with it, and as Puel has said, is improving in his reading of the game. Wes, by and large, plays the percentages and gets rid rather than trying to play his way out, when under pressure. I don't think Wes has really dropped off a great deal (due to age), even if he isn't a Puel type of player. 

I agree with Maguire, he too is responsible for a lot of silly goals being conceded. Wes has no ibetween, it’s either steady or full blooded, and when things get hairy he starts diving into everything like a lunatic... I love Wes, and he will forever remain a legend at the club. But like you say it’s only his age that is the difference. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Those of you wanting Maguire dropped will be embarassed to be reminded of it in a few years time when his name even outshines Elliot, Walshie and Cross.

Some of those posting unmerited criticism Of arguably the most talented and successful group of players in the history of the club are way beyond embarrassment 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Callabinho said:

You blamed him for being the issue with all the goals we concede, total bollocks. 

Wes and Huth were both pretty poor last season and we haven't really missed either of them with Maguire and Dragovic playing, aside from the odd poor game here or there as happens with every player.

Moving on doesn't mean forgetting the past it's just accepting it is the past and Robert Huth and Wes Morgan, given their ages and injury problems are Leicester City's past

• Like 3

On 2/17/2018 at 18:03, Countryfox said:

Let’s not underrate Wes ...   I’ve never seen a defender put in so many blocks ...   and a born leader.   Drag is getting better and better but let’s not try to pigeonhole them right now ...   one for the future and one still with a part to play.

He's been underrated since the second we were linked with him from Forest. People have wanted rid for some bizarre reason every single season. He's only ever looked shit when the whole team looks shit for me personally.

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's been underrated since the second we were linked with him from Forest. People have wanted rid for some bizarre reason every single season. He's only ever looked shit when the whole team looks shit for me personally.

Me too ...   he only looks a bit uncomfortable when he tries to bring the ball forward ..  but that is far outweighed by his defensive ability, leadership and getting the odd goal ...   as long as he doesn't just give the ball away thats good enough for me.   It's similar in some ways to Mahrez ...   people moan about his defending but going forward he is a game changer ...   

Schmeichel

Dragovic         Morgan        Maguire

Albrighton                                                         Chilwell

Silva/Iborra           Ndidi

Mahrez

Vardy            Shinji/Kelechi

• Like 1

For those wanting Dragovic to play in a full back position you clearly did not attend Watford away on boxing day.  He was poor that day playing at full back.  I do feel

sorry for him however.  Now Morgan is fit again I believe him and Maguire will be the centre back pairing.  We should however sign Dragovic at the end of the season on a permanent.

Edited by suffolk fox

50 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

For those wanting Dragovic to play in a full back position you clearly did not attend Watford away on boxing day.  He was poor that day playing at full back.  I do feel

sorry for him however.  Now Morgan is fit again I believe him and Maguire will be the centre back pairing.  We should however sign Dragovic at the end of the season on a permanent.

Depends if he wants to sign. Morgan and Maguire wont be dropped, and Drag could be a starting player for a few teams in this league. 

• Like 4

I understand Morgan is a legend for winning the league and being captain and all that but some of you talk about him like he is Jesus Christ hhimself.  At some the club needs to move on and stick with Dragovic and Maguire.

Some people even changing our tactics to 3 at the back just so we can have morgan in the team.. just baffles me.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

On 17/02/2018 at 07:37, Devonfox1884 said:

This. Morgan is an absolute rock - the amount of last-ditch blocks he makes is incredible. Ideal for games where we're under the cosh.

Most of his last ditch blocks are because he didnt read the play in the first place, or was spun and outrun. 

• Like 1

If we want to play this passing game out from the back then it can’t be Wes, just as it can’t be Simpson at right back.

Our display against Chelsea away may prove a point, for progress in this area. We would not have dominated that game as we did with Wes and Simpson simply because we would not have retained possession to the extent we did.

• Like 2

Maguire will be the man the defence is built around as long as we can hold on to him. Drago is 26 & plays a Puel style of football while Morgan at 34 only has a limited time as a Prem Defender. Just a fact of life !! I said last year that I could see Wes doing a John Terry & dropping down a league but was shot down by the faithful. Don't forget that we have a couple of very good CB's coming thru the ranks as well.

• Like 2