Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

Stoke did what Stoke do. Came for a draw and got it.

On another day we could easily have won that. Kasper didn’t have a fat lot to do and we didn’t really have much luck today.

Many posters on here at the start of the season just wanted a bit of mid table stability and a decent cup run this season.

Well that’s what we’ve got...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

rot had set in a little before then 

I thought we were looking good in the lead up to the Everton match. Not great, but we were starting show consistency and the ability to execute a more progressive style.

Unless you mean the "rot" being Mahrez's attitude?

Edited by Kendal Fox

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I mentioned in another thread (and recall getting a sarcastic response from @Colourmy) that I'm privy to very little ITK knowledge, but the coaching staff rate James very very highly. Silva and Iborra have alot of work to do to displace him. As in, they think James is better.

Please tell me you're joking. If not, this performance is going to be the norm.

I want to stick up for Albrighton. He is one of the players who can play tiki-taki pass and move football. He is always trying to give his team mates an option and he will do the one-twos that get up the pitch. If we want to play positive possession football then I think he is one who certainly can do it. On the negative side the constant crosses to nobody do frustrate and even when they get to our attackers, who aren’t the tallest or most physical, they have little chance. Perhaps he is instructed to do this but it always seems a little thick and lacking common sense. 

Yeah we need to work on corners, 13 and no return, that's daft.  Silva or Ibora should have come on for Matty James, he had a bad game but I think thats more down to Ndidi, he's an enigma that lad, brilliant one week, abysmal the next, but he's still learning i suppose. 

Puel just summed it up well, not enough consistency with decision making, bad passing etc we need to think about what we're doing more, concentration :) dillyding dilly dong, we're missing that bell.

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Stoke did what Stoke do. Came for a draw and got it.

On another day we could easily have won that. Kasper didn’t have a fat lot to do and we didn’t really have much luck today.

Many posters on here at the start of the season just wanted a bit of mid table stability and a decent cup run this season.

Well that’s what we’ve got...

I thought they showed commendable effort to try and pinch a winner late on. (Tbh, they had some decent opportunities)

Pushing both centre backs up for late set pieces and commiting on the break. 

Worried how a possession based side like bournemouth will deal with us next week !  

7 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I thought we were looking good in the lead up to the Everton match. Not great, but we were starting show consistency and the ability to execute a more progressive style.

Unless you mean the "rot" being Mahrez attitude?

Palace game 1 Shot on target at home against the team that hadn't one away in about 8 months

Watford was a crap game against a team 1 point from 6 games

Liverpool went to negative after scoring.

I thought we looked a better side with Iborra in the team, dictating the tempo and making players give an easy option

Edited by HankMarvin

Overall poor but yet again we had chances to win it.

Our play in the final third though was yet again diabolical, that's what's been letting us down recently. Mahrez was poor, Albrighton's crossing the majority of the time was poor, Gray did fvck all, Vardy was off it today.

Stoke were crap but then they got a goal pretty much out of nothing, Ndidi caught out in an unnatural position and nobody was covering and nobody closed down.

Second half at times was even worse, Stoke had a spell where we struggled to get the ball, kept losing out on second balls but like Stoke in the first half we got a goal out of nothing. Goal encouraged us and yet again we could of won it.

Poor and frustrating...again.

This James scapegoating is a bit boring really. I agree that Silva and Iborra should be playing over him but it’s the manager’s decision and he hasn’t been playing as badly as people have made him out to. Especially considering how long he’s been out he’s not going to be Kante mark 2 in the PL. 

Gray absolutely anomomanous again and it can’t be a coincidence that our performances were better when Dragovic and Amartey were playing instead of Morgan and Simpson. They were only selected because the latter two were injured and Puel needs to realise that it’s the way forward. Will forever worship Morgan and Simpson but they aren’t suited to us anymore 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Overall poor but yet again we had chances to win it.

Our play in the final third though was yet again diabolical, that's what's been letting us down recently. Mahrez was poor, Albrighton's crossing the majority of the time was poor, Gray did fvck all, Vardy was off it today.

Stoke were crap but then they got a goal pretty much out of nothing, Ndidi caught out in an unnatural position and nobody was covering and nobody closed down.

Second half at times was even worse, Stoke had a spell where we struggled to get the ball, kept losing out on second balls but like Stoke in the first half we got a goal out of nothing. Goal encouraged us and yet again we could of won it.

Poor and frustrating...again.

Stoke weren’t crap at all. What game were you watching? As Izzy said, Stoke came with a game plan and executed it almost perfectly.

WE were crap cos we couldn’t break them down anywhere near effectively enough.

It's great commentating on Puels selection, Mahrez being Mahrez, Gray disappearing etc etc but no one wants to talk about Vardy. He for me was terrible today. Yes he wasn't given much but his work rate was well below par, he didn't make as many runs as he usually does, he lacked desire and seemed fairly uninterested. Was one of the most frustrating afternoons of football I've experienced in a very long time. They were there for the taking and we just didn't turn up. Shameful really

Edited by hejammy

Pretty poor. Against a side that really shouldn’t have left with a point today. 

The starting 11 was an idea that backfired, I’m guessing he’s gone with two industrial players in midfield, to allow the front line freedom to express, however it didn’t work. We’re trying to play passing football but we’re not dynamic enough to do so, it’s all too predictable and easy to deal with.

Morgan coming back in, all of a sudden the back four looks unorganised, Chillwell for all his endeavour seriously lacks quality, his age should not be a factor nor lack of experience, crossing and passing a football should be a basic attribute. Gray yet again flatters to deceive, another nothing performance I’ve seen enough to bin him off, he really hasn’t got the right attitude to succeed in this side.

At the moment we have a soft underbelly, and it’s tripping us up against opposition we should be beating. 

We're Leicester City and we've won the Premier League.  And that counts for nothing now.  A neutral looking at that match not knowing the teams would have been hard pressed to decide which one won the PL a couple of years ago and which one is fighting relegation.  Which means we've fallen a long way recently as our points tally in 2018 shows.  But it's not long ago that many of us were praising the passing style that Puel had brought.  So the potential is there, the team selection could have been better today and the form of some of the players was off but we're not in a disaster situation yet, however we need some real desire to go out and forge victories, I thought that some of our players took it a bit easy against a team they expected to beat.

40 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Wow. You watched a different game to me. Blaming Mahrez is laughable. 

Mahrez had control of the game here are his stats:

Mahrez vs Stoke.

98 touches – most on the pitch

8.3% possession – second to Albrighton (Gray 2.9%, Vardy 1.6%)

6 shots – nobody else on the pitch took more than 3

70% - passing – one of the worst (even Gray had 80%, Vardy 83%, James top with 87%)

total passes 53 - 5th highest, Ndidi top with 64

accurate passes 37 – chilwell had 41, Maguire top 46

key passes 1 – Vardy top with 3, Chilwell 2

Dribbles attempted 5 – top

Dribble success 60% - bottom

dribbled past 2 – second worst

Aerials won 1 – Ndidi top with 9

Aerial won percentage 17% - Morgan top 86%, Diabaté 67%

Tackle success 50% - Chilwell, Vardy, Maguire 100%

Corners 9 – Albrighton next highest with 4

Corner accuracy 44% - I guess those were the short ones to Albrighton

Dispossessed 4 – no other Leicester player more than 1

It's nothing to do with me hating on Mahrez, it's that he isn't living upto the hype to many on the board have put on him.

I want him to assist and score. I want us to win.

This game he was miserable and we threw away 2 points to one of the worst teams in the league.

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

It's great commentating on Puels selection, Mahrez being Mahrez, Gray disappearing etc etc but no one wants to talk about Vardy. He for me was terrible today. Yes he wasn't given much but his work rate was well below par, he didn't make as many runs as he usually does, he lacked desire and seemed fairly uninterested. Was one of the most frustrating afternoons of football I've experienced in a very long time. They were there for the taking and we just didn't turn up. Shameful really

Cant remember one ball to his feet or for him to run onto....

Just shit loads of poor crosses

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RutlanderFox said:

This James scapegoating is a bit boring really. I agree that Silva and Iborra should be playing over him but it’s the manager’s decision and he hasn’t been playing as badly as people have made him out to. Especially considering how long he’s been out he’s not going to be Kante mark 2 in the PL. 

Gray absolutely anomomanous again and it can’t be a coincidence that our performances were better when Dragovic and Amartey were playing instead of Morgan and Simpson. They were only selected because the latter two were injured and Puel needs to realise that it’s the way forward. Will forever worship Morgan and Simpson but they aren’t suited to us anymore 

I really think it is less scapegoating and more frustration from most.

It is tough for fans as we feel a sense of loyalty to James and are desperate to see him do well after an injury.  But, for the manager it should be an emotion-free decision.  Matty has been way to easily passed by in midfield in his performances.

Also, I think that there are positive signs of what Puel is doing if we reflect rather than react.  But, the frustration is we are not producing final balls well.  Someone needs to connect better the midfield to attack transition and James isn't the man for that.  I think he is in because Silva is not match sharp and that has shown when he has played.  But, the frustration is, he never will be if he doesn't play matches and in the second half to replace James with Silva would have been a good opportunity.

Not scapegoating, we are trying to change style a bit and I'd like to see more forward planning with the playing personnel that will suit that.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mahrez vs Stoke.

70% - passing – one of the worst (even Gray had 80%, Vardy 83%, James top with 87%)

It's nothing to do with me hating on Mahrez, it's that he isn't living upto the hype to many on the board have put on him.

This game he was miserable and we threw away 2 points to one of the worst teams in the league.

incoming

Image result for pitch forks at the ready

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Palace game 1 Shot on target at home against the team that hadn't one away in about 8 months

Watford was a crap game

Liverpool went to negative after scoring.

I thought we looked a better side with Iborra in the team, dictating the tempo and making players give an easy option

The Palace game I put down to extreme fatigue and a bad day at the office. From memory, the flight back from Southampton was cancelled meaning the lads had to get a coach which did'nt arrive back home until 3 or 4:AM. Then, they were straight into training at 9:AM, off the back of about 3 or 4 hours sleep and an evening, away match. So I was prepared to take that consideration into account.

As for the rest, I agree we were to blame in no small part, but we still looked the better team vs Watford and had Liverpool shaken up for large parts of that match, at Anfield. Then, we went on a 6 game unbeaten run (in all competitions), including brushing aside Huddersfield without getting out of 1st gear and outplaying Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

There were teething problems but come on, 6 games unbeaten meant we were displaying stability. Much of that was destabilised with the Mahrez situation IMO.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mahrez vs Stoke.

not quite sure how anyone in our team can have been described as having a 'key pass' today!!

If We want to play from the back ? We need Footballers . Morgan, Simpson are just not suited to this type of football. 

Ndidi needs a ball player next to him to compliment the team.

Gray flatters to deceive... ! 

To slow in approach play and too scrappy.. 

Championship game quality. Two points dropped. Forgot Europe we ain’t good enough.