Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Puel-come to the future

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Puel hasn't been given a chance to put his stamp on the team yet. He has had a few months where he has changed the style of player and taken us from relegation candidates to challenging for a european place. He's had once transfer window where nothing of note was spent. He at the very least deserves the summer transfer window to see how far he can take us. He's an excellent manager with excellent credentials, he needs to be given his chance.

Sorry - but that is b.....t. He has been here for months and did not inherit a bad squad. We have just regressed into posession based football that brings us absolutely nowhere. He benches Iborra, Silva and Drago and plays Morgen, James and Gray. That is mind boggling. He is much too slow acting with substitutions and we are turd like in our play. He (and we) are very lucky that we have points on the board or else we´d be in a serious relegation scrap - which could unfortunately still happen. He is on a burning platform and should start to show what he is made of instead of the crap we have been served for months now. So he is getting his chance and seems to be blowing it big time!

Edited by TheStig

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It seems like we are passing for the sake of passing. It doesn’t really go anywhere apart from sideways and back. No real urgency to attack until we are behind in a game.

Totally agree with you, what's the point in passing if it doesn't achieve anything,  we were much better playing our way

2 minutes ago, KJT said:

Totally agree with you, what's the point in passing if it doesn't achieve anything,  we were much better playing our way

Does look that way at times but if there's no decent movement ahead of them and the opposition play deep then you have to try and move the opposition somehow. It' just that we are a bit pedestrian when doing this. Would get all the "hoofball" moaners out in force if they were just playing the ball forwards and hoping things might happen.

Wes has been great for this club but everyone knows he is nearing the end of his career but he is chosen over a younger and better defender ?

We have two classy international midfielders and we are choosing an overweight, sideways passing , slow, non scoring, injury prone plodder over them ?

Not sure what Puel and the coaching staff are thinking at present....... completely baffling.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Sorry - but that is b.....t. He has been here for months and did not inherit a bad squad. We have just regressed into posession based football that brings us absolutely nowhere. He benches Iborra, Silva and Drago and plays Morgen, James and Gray. That is mind boggling. He is much too slow acting with substitutions and we are turd like in our play. He (and we) are very lucky that we have points on the board or else we´d be in a serious relegation scrap - which could unfortunately still happen. He is on a burning platform and should start to show what he is made of instead of the crap we have been served for months now. So he is getting his chance and seems to be blowing it big time!

He didn't inherit a bad squad? On paper I agree it should be performing but Ranieri and Shakespeare were failing with it and Puel has managed to turn around a poor season into what will probably end up being our second best finish in the last 20 years.

• Like 2

He seems to be doing his best to us bang ordinary, his tactics of holding the ball is completely counter productive and achieves very little, seems that teams are now playing us at our own game,  defending in numbers and hitting us on the break. If anyone think im talking rubbish id love for you to explain to me where Puel is heading with us cause i havent got a clue after watching today's game, 12 points from 36 would suggest he hasnt either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He didn't inherit a bad squad? On paper I agree it should be performing but Ranieri and Shakespeare were failing with it and Puel has managed to turn around a poor season into what will probably end up being our second best finish in the last 20 years.

Up to a point you are right - the turned the season around - but the last 10-12 games have given (I think) 2 victories and some extremely boring play. To my mind he is not using the right players for the system he wants to play - and that is a no go....

57 minutes ago, reynard said:

Please explain to me how he's an excellent manager because right at this moment I can't see it. We are quite clearly going backwards. We've become boring to watch and seem to have no plan B if the idea of giving the ball to Mahrez all the time fails.

Let's see how we finish the season but right now he's got us playing relegation football.

Going backwards compared to what exactly? Relegation football? I'm bored and unimpressed at the moment. But it seems a bit overly dramatic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Up to a point you are right - the turned the season around - but the last 10-12 games have given (I think) 2 victories and some extremely boring play. To my mind he is not using the right players for the system he wants to play - and that is a no go....

The last four games in particular have been bad but I blame mahrez more than puel for them. Before that we had a relatively hard run of fixtures.

15 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Wes has been great for this club but everyone knows he is nearing the end of his career but he is chosen over a younger and better defender ?

We have two classy international midfielders and we are choosing an overweight, sideways passing , slow, non scoring, injury prone plodder over them ?

Not sure what Puel and the coaching staff are thinking at present....... completely baffling.

Did Wes do much wrong today? No.

When have the others in CM shown they were great?

This seems like the usual,  they are better because they aren't playing crap, Silva is too weak and Iborra for me is too much of a liability. I'd have rolled the dice today second half 100%, but I get going for steady over not knowing what's coming next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The last four games in particular have been bad but I blame mahrez more than puel for them. Before that we had a relatively hard run of fixtures.

If Puel is the manager you indicate then he should have sorted out the Mahrez issue in relation to the squad. We played awful football before the Mahrez issue and there is no excuse for playing the wrong players which there seems to be uniform agreement upon that he did today. So he is the manager and has to sort it out - and his decisions are certainly not helping the cause. We play like crap, cannot break down the Stoke defence and have a playmaker sitting on the bench as an unused sub why? And that has nothing to do with Mahrez, squad inheritance but pure bad judgement on his part!

• Like 1

The Mahrez thing may have had a bigger effect on the squad than we think. I think we have gone backwards since. 

Puel needs to maybe try a different set up for a game or two as we seem to have evolved in to the insipid England 4-3-3 with no movement off the ball and plenty of sideways and backwards passing. I just hope the players don't down tools like they did for Claudio and Shakey.  

Mix it up Claude in the summer please. Let's get 6 or 7 new players in and get a new identity, Captain everything. 

• Like 1

I have faith in the owners taking the correct decision in the summer if required.

They have demonstrated they can be ruthless when needs dictate.

Today was frustrating in so many ways I can’t even be bothered to list them. Worse is the fact it’s been the same for a fair few matches recently.

No one ever wanted him and nobody hardly sings his name (except the UFS ) Yes 100% we need to get a new manager in the summer but it's who is out there. I would let him have the rest of the season and then sack him straight after the Spurs game. We're not gonna get into Europe and not gonna win the cup but we won't go down. 

This mess hasnt been fixed since ranieri got sacked. Shakey got the job to steady the ship and he did but that summer we should of got a proper manager in and kicked on. Worst thing is that we've got one of the best squads we've ever had and it's being wrecked by a shite manager who doesn't like attacking football. We might be 8th but like Southampton last season it's because the league is so poor from 7th to 20th. If the owners are serious about getting into the top 6 then we need a complete change with manager and backroom staff. Clowns like Rudkin need binning.

• Like 1

Golden era my arse.

Today was turgid rubbish for 70 minutes due mainly to the selection and tactics.

Puel will be gone in the summer unless he changes his ways so much wrong today all over the place

Next two games and no improvement then our owners will be getting tetchy.

• Like 1