Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Puel-come to the future

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

We are going backwards of late.  Puel’s team selections are now the same as what Shaky would have chosen.   Gone are the Team selections that showed progression and fresh ideas.  Hoof ball and lack of ideas is back with avengence.  Huth and Shinji will be back soon, then we will have a Shaky ‘full house’.   Worrying.

Shakey signed Silva so it seems entirely possible that he would have put him on the team 

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Shakey signed Silva so it seems entirely possible that he would have put him on the team 

You can only assume Claude is being led on team selection, or he has his own targets and doesn't want to use Silva and Iborra in case they turn out alright and become fan favourites.

22 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

No one ever wanted him and nobody hardly sings his name (except the UFS ) Yes 100% we need to get a new manager in the summer but it's who is out there. I would let him have the rest of the season and then sack him straight after the Spurs game. We're not gonna get into Europe and not gonna win the cup but we won't go down. 

This mess hasnt been fixed since ranieri got sacked. Shakey got the job to steady the ship and he did but that summer we should of got a proper manager in and kicked on. Worst thing is that we've got one of the best squads we've ever had and it's being wrecked by a shite manager who doesn't like attacking football. We might be 8th but like Southampton last season it's because the league is so poor from 7th to 20th. If the owners are serious about getting into the top 6 then we need a complete change with manager and backroom staff. Clowns like Rudkin need binning.

Nnnuuuuuttttteeerrrr in the room.

22 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Jesus, what a bunch of moaning entitled rubbish on this forum.

If one of our “nearly” efforts had gone in, we’d not have had to suffer half these threads (“Puel Out” - give me strength) and we’d probably have people saying we can chase down Arsenal.

How was the last 20 minutes “boring” when we laid siege to their goal?  It was thrilling.

If you think we played scintillating football for the whole every game, even when we won the league, you are mistaken.

Puel is trying to turn the tanker, develop our squad and our style of play from the title winning year, and he deserves time and at least one Summer window.  Those of us who watched us flounder and get relegated years ago should know that teams who change their manager every five minutes will end up failing.

If you want to win every game playing stylish champagne football, go and support Barcelona.  We are on track to finish in our second highest position that I can remember, and I’m bloody ancient.

This is truly a golden era for us.

Get over yourselves.

Top Post..

If you can Keep Your head when all about you

Are Losing theirs,and blaming it on you.

If you can Trust yourself,when plonkers on foxes Forum doubt you.

If you can dream and Not make Dreams Your master.

If you can meet with Triumph and disaster

And treat those 2 imposters just the Same ;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken 

Twisted by foxy knaves to make a Trap for fools 

Or watch the players you have life to,broken,

And stoop,and build 'em Up with With Worn Out and failing Squad and Tools.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all  on one Pitch and  toss ,

And lose and start again at Your beginnings,

And never breath a Word or Look Back at Your loss 

If you can Talk and Walk with crowds and Keep Your virtue 

Or Walk with kings--nor lose Your Common touch

If brother foes, foxes misgogs ,Nor appreciating friends Hurt you 

If you can fill those unforgiving minutes 

With 60 seconds ' Worth of Distant Run 

Yours is the KP, Leicester, and everthing that's in it 

And -- which is more -- you Mr Puel will be my man, my son.    Innit!!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Top Post..

If you can Keep Your head when all about you

Are Losing theirs,and blaming it on you.

If you can Trust yourself,when plonkers on foxes Forum doubt you.

If you can dream and Not make Dreams Your master.

If you can meet with Triumph and disaster

And treat those 2 imposters just the Same ;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken 

Twisted by foxy knaves to make a Trap for fools 

Or watch the players you have life to,broken,

And stoop,and build 'em Up with With Worn Out and failing Squad and Tools.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all  on one Pitch and  toss ,

And lose and start again at Your beginnings,

And never breath a Word or Look Back at Your loss 

If you can Talk and Walk with crowds and Keep Your virtue 

Or Walk with kings--nor lose Your Common touch

If brother foes, foxes misgogs ,Nor appreciating friends Hurt you 

If you can fill those unforgiving minutes 

With 60 seconds ' Worth of Distant Run 

Yours is the KP, Leicester, and everthing that's in it 

And -- which is more -- you Mr Puel will be my man, my son.    Innit!!!

Mr Kipling, I always loved your cakes....

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Mr Kipling, I always loved your cakes....

:ph34r:

I am quite tasty,its the fat rind around me. 

Exceedingly good and wise,but lost my Cherry years ago.

By the way, your Post I answered to,had the right fillings..

Gunga din stuff...!!

All this talk of progress, I cant see much at all. You can point to league positions but Shakes had a similar effect when he took over; we jumped a few places but complacency soon set in. I predict a similar fate for Puel. Its happening already in fact. Performances have been dire.

What members of the squad have actually improved under him? Mahrez is the only one I can think of. Shall we credit Puel for this, or is it more the case he has increased effort and performance in his desperation of a move?

Look at Chilwell. If anything he has regressed. Same with Gray. Kasper also. James ever stagnant. Is this the sign of progress? If so id hate to see the sign of decline.

We have brought in far superior players such as Iborra and Silva but Puel seems to be at a loss as to how to play them. I dont get it. Is James really better than those two? Maybe only James works in the system. Surely a good manager would find a system that suits his best players. Or maybe Puel is blinded by his own cultivating home talent logic. 

The football is dire at the moment. Its disturbing that in most games we are only on it in one half. Does this guy inspire our players? Signs say he does not.

I like Puel and want him to work here. Im not saying get rid at all. Definitely needs another season. But early signs worrying. Hope things turn quickly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

2 words..so what!!

We are going backwards, that's what.....

We can't string a complete performance over 90 minutes, we are no better at keeping the ball. 

New signing aren't being integrated into the side, we have pick up drawn home games against teams in the bottom three! 

Edited by coolhandfox

35 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We are going backwards, that's what.....

We can't string a complete performance over 90 minutes, we are no better at keeping the ball. 

New signing aren't being integrated into the side, we have pick up drawn home games against teams in the bottom three! 

Patience is a virtue..

Edited by fuchsntf

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Patience is a virtue..

I have lots of patience, but he's record is similar to Shakespeare, and I see little development in playing style! 

Tell me were we have improved, we had the new manager bounce for he's first 6-7 games and it been down hill since! 

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I have lots of patience, but he's record is similar to Shakespeare, and I see little development in playing style! 

Tell me were we have improved, we had the new manager bounce for he's first 6-7 games and it been down hill since! 

so you dont want any Part of this rebuilding,you want to be left behind.

We have to Take the tough with the Smooth...seems majority of posters

From this Weekend are Not Up for it.     Short time,thoughtless ,non-inspiring impatiant plastics.

Weakkneed, give in too easy, cant carry the Weight. Cant get through the First difficult Times,that

Actually are Not so bad....wide-eyed boys,but still cant see...

After the encouraging start I had high hopes for Claude but we've been underwhelming for a while now. 

I was a lot more disappointed with how yesterday finished than the Swansea game. Up until Posh you could get over results against the top 6 easy enough. Yesterday really looked as if all merit into starting had gone out the window.

Morgan really should be used sparingly from here on, same for Simpson. Yesterday we needed the trickery of Silva in the last 25 minutes. Look at how he took the game to Huddersfield. James has to be commended for his return from injury but he's just too one dimensional. Even with Iborra we were a lot more creative.

It was lunacy for SIlva/Iborra not to have played some part yesterday.

Common sense and experience makes changing the manager seem a ridiculous thought.....however.....

If you can see progress or a plan which is evolving then we can buy into the future but as someone who hates all the short termism of the Prem I am really struggling with Puel...

Chilwell should be nowhere near the 18 at the moment - confidence is shot and never a prem defender at this point

Dragovic dropped for the Club Captain (Will always be a hero) but why?

James in Midfield - way off the pace

Gray - all potential and not improving

Simpson for Amartey - why when DA had done well?

More possession but boy we are dreadful to watch and if you take RM away then we have no creativity and no plan B 

Vardy is starved of service and looks more disinterested with every game..

Fuchs, Iborra, Amartey, Drag, Kelechi all have better claims than a number being selected...

We are not evolving in style positively, no pace, no closing down, just not convinced about the steps we are making - hopefully the owners will watch very carefully as IF CP is trusted preseason then he will need backing and we will potentially have to have evolved as Riyad will go and currently I cannot see what the future holds. May seem an exaggeration but currently without Riyad I believe we would be bottom 8 and next season if CP is given a preseason he will have to get it right......just not convinced that he knows what he is doing!!