Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Puel-come to the future

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

so you dont want any Part of this rebuilding,you want to be left behind.

We have to Take the tough with the Smooth...seems majority of posters

From this Weekend are Not Up for it.     Short time,thoughtless ,non-inspiring impatiant plastics.

Weakkneed, give in too easy, cant carry the Weight. Cant get through the First difficult Times,that

Actually are Not so bad....wide-eyed boys,but still cant see...

Haha really, I expect to see some progression, I judge performances not just the total of points! In all honesty nether have been very good lately! 

Trust me, his job is going to get much harder in the summer when Mahrez leaves.....

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Haha really, I expect to see some progression, I judge performances not just the total of points! In all honesty nether have been very good lately! 

Trust me, his job is going to get much harder in the summer when Mahrez leaves.....

Then Support him...

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

What a bunch of self entitled wankers we have become.

Puel has got us safe after a relegation battle was looking likely. We're also quite likely to finish in the top eight of every competition we entered this season. 

I'm extremely happy with Puel so far, yes I could criticise on some things like recent form, etc but for me we're heading in the right direction. He's tried to introduce a certain style of play and their will be teething problems but I've seen us dominate a lot of teams at home this season without getting the result we perhaps deserved, Stoke being one of them.

I like how he never felt the need to spend money in the January transfer window and preferred to continue to assess what he's got here whilst bringing in a young prospect for relative buttons. Look at Allardyce spending the best part of £50m this January and still Everton haven't improved.  Puel was also quick to form an opinion on long term squad players who don't offer much and has shipped them out albeit on loan, players like Slimani, Musa, Ulloa and King who aren't worth their wages.

Who do these people who want him sacked want to bring in to replace him? 

Couldn't have put it any better myself. 

4 months 24 matches and people are writing him off?

It's obviously not perfect, but these things take time, he inherited a team that was going backwards, put some things right, but still don't know our best team. Apart from Maguire, Ndidi and Vardy there are questions over every position. We have seen when the balance is right we can rip teams to shreds, when it's not we look slow and boring. We need a spark from our creative players and a bit more energy, at times in most games we have looked irresistible going forwards, but if we don't score in those spells we drift back into sideways passing.

Is sideways passing the new hoofing?

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

What a bunch of self entitled wankers we have become.

Puel has got us safe after a relegation battle was looking likely. We're also quite likely to finish in the top eight of every competition we entered this season. 

I'm extremely happy with Puel so far, yes I could criticise on some things like recent form, etc but for me we're heading in the right direction. He's tried to introduce a certain style of play and their will be teething problems but I've seen us dominate a lot of teams at home this season without getting the result we perhaps deserved, Stoke being one of them.

I like how he never felt the need to spend money in the January transfer window and preferred to continue to assess what he's got here whilst bringing in a young prospect for relative buttons. Look at Allardyce spending the best part of £50m this January and still Everton haven't improved.  Puel was also quick to form an opinion on long term squad players who don't offer much and has shipped them out albeit on loan, players like Slimani, Musa, Ulloa and King who aren't worth their wages.

Who do these people who want him sacked want to bring in to replace him? 

I’m not saying sack him but being better than the really piss poor manager that Shakespeare was, I don’t think is enough and I don’t have confidence in where we are going at present at all.

He’s making poor decisions and  being a good manager is all about making the right ones.

There’s no intensity in our play and that won’t wash in this division.

We were set up very negatively on Saturday to the point where I suspect Lambert could not believe his luck.

The last few weeks we have seen the dour and boring Puel some of us feared we were getting.

Very uninspiring to watch at the moment.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Im all for letting Puel build something here including his heavy involvement with our new training ground but not starting Iborra and Silva is becoming a joke. Dragovic can feel aggrieved too. Morgan is passed it.

I don't think Morgan should have walked back into the team (I agree Dragovic can feel aggrieved) but Morgan wasn't bad on Saturday. He was better than Maguire again.

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Im all for letting Puel build something here including his heavy involvement with our new training ground but not starting Iborra and Silva is becoming a joke. Dragovic can feel aggrieved too. Morgan is passed it.

Mate 99% of fans see this. it will be Puels downfall just like shakey and Ranieri. We cant create shiit atm through he middle and relying on Mahrez for everything. Ndidi is a beast but he doesnt set the world a light going forward so he needs a ball player by the side of him.

Gray baffles me, just not good enough to start need a proper number 10 if we wanted to play that way.

Edited by les-tah

Just now, les-tah said:

Mate 99% of fans see this. it will be Puels downfall just like shakey and Ranieri. We cant create shiit atm through he middle and relying on Mahrez for everything. Ndidi is a beast but he doesnt set the world a light going forward so he needs a ball player by the side of him.

This is a bigger issue than the Morgan situation. As I said above, Morgan was better than Maguire on Saturday. I don't understand changing a defence that was so solid (Chillwell - Maguire - Dragovic - Amartey) however midfield is the bigger issue as, like you say, only Mahrez creates anything for us. Thank fvck he didn't go to Man City.

Just now, Fox92 said:

This is a bigger issue than the Morgan situation. As I said above, Morgan was better than Maguire on Saturday. I don't understand changing a defence that was so solid (Chillwell - Maguire - Dragovic - Amartey) however midfield is the bigger issue as, like you say, only Mahrez creates anything for us. Thank fvck he didn't go to Man City.

the worry is every sees this issue but why not play silva or iborra?  must be something going on.

• Like 1

Puel has done well with the tools at his disposal since he came in.

I still maintain that he has us playing better football than we were playing under post-title Ranieri and Shakespeare. Thinking back to the aimless hoofing of that era stilll gives me shivers.

I don't mind watching patient build-up play but there has to be an end product and we're poor at the final clinical moment, imo. We lack the defense splitting pass, the proper delivery of the ball, the ability to strike it into the net. 

When you've got kids like Chilwell just hopelessly hitting it into the box with zero intent to hit a man it makes the slow build-up play a waste of time. 

I do find it pretty baffling how we're leaving some of our most creative midfielders out of the game and loading the pitch with attacking players like Gray (behind Vardy, wtf?) instead. 

We push everything out wide in a slow build up and then hoof it aimlessly at our ****ing 4ft high strikers - it hasn't ever worked, it ain't ever gonna work - ****ing STOP  IT. 

We need some creativity in the middle as well and we're choosing to not implement it at the moment. 

Puel deserves time - he deserves a window - this summer will be the window where we finally move on some past favourites in favour of players that actually suit the new system - it's time, time for that to happen. 

We're still in limbo at the moment but I'm certain Puel is doing his due diligence to make the right changes this summer. 

I've heard Puel mention several times the lack of tempo in getting the ball forward and playing in front of the opposition back line too much and also needing to play behind earlier. He knows what the issues are as well as any on here.  Sometimes the players have to take responsibility as much as Puel  with getting the right balance.   

Edited by l444ry

"Usual suspects are starting to pull the strings again. 'Coaches' and a few other 'squad members' actively want to play a different style to that of Puels possession game. Certain players are isolated within the squad if they do not fit the mould. Both Iborra and Silva fall into this category. This is an ongoing concearn within the squad and happens routinely with some of the new recruits. Pressure to revert to what the players feel comfortable with as soon as result faulter"

This is not from me but what I have been told by a source very close to the ground within the club of course it could be bullsh1t. I'm only passing it along.

11 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

"Usual suspects are starting to pull the strings again. 'Coaches' and a few other 'squad members' actively want to play a different style to that of Puels possession game. Certain players are isolated within the squad if they do not fit the mould. Both Iborra and Silva fall into this category. This is an ongoing concearn within the squad and happens routinely with some of the new recruits. Pressure to revert to what the players feel comfortable with as soon as result faulter"

This is not from me but what I have been told by a source very close to the ground within the club of course it could be bullsh1t. I'm only passing it along.

Sounds plausible. Certain players' limited footballing abilities are exposed in this system. Clear out needed.

13 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

I'll take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised. The team selection against Stoke was mind boggling.

16 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Interesting if true but surely Iborra and Silva would fit the possession style. Looks to me like they are over passing rather than rebelling against it as suggested from what I've seen.

18 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Taken with a pinch of salt, but this sort of thing makes me feel sick. Exactly why I thought Puel would be a decent choice in that he was truly an outsider. Surprised if he’s actually bowing to that sort of pressure. 

I know I may get slated for saying this, considering he's doing alright and any move would appear unlikely, but if Wenger leaves Arsenal (which it seems likely he will) - would Puel be tempted to go there if Arsenal had him on their list of targets?..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I know I may get slated for saying this, considering he's doing alright and any move would appear unlikely, but if Wenger leaves Arsenal (which it seems likely he will) - would Puel be tempted to go there if Arsenal had him on their list of targets?..

Arsenal would never have him on their list of targets come on pal

12 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Taken with a pinch of salt, but this sort of thing makes me feel sick. Exactly why I thought Puel would be a decent choice in that he was truly an outsider. Surprised if he’s actually bowing to that sort of pressure. 

I could see three of the "usual suspects" being unsatisfied with the new system:

Morgan and Simpson because it demands from them to play on the floor which neither of them is able to as well as having attacking FBs which Simspon isn't. Then you have Vardy because the new system is extremely ungrateful for him and greatly reduces his chances of scoring. How much power those three hold is yet to be known but if they're indeed not satisfied they could put a lot of pressure.

40 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

If that's true we need to get rid of the players not the manager.

Get rid of the monkey not the organ grinder.

5 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Wouldn't surprise me.

Even with Puel being whack it would seem the Leicester job is somewhat of a poison chalice these days.

Edited by m4DD0gg

I watch wenger continue to stick to his vision..... he is so sure of it that he has let go all the players he thinks he doesn't need... so now he cant change anything... he's like a golfer with a bag of identical clubs.

Imo many managers stick to their vision even when its not working... they seem convinced it will turn round ...until they get sacked.  Eg claudio..shakey... mourinho at chelski.  

Someone made the point that puel got all his decisions wrong this week.... how to play...who to play... thinking they would heed his ht talk: even when they just carried like the first half he waited 25 min before subbing.

To prevent this sort of mistake...ie being prone to repeating poor decisions. ... then it is essential all managers should get a mentor and record their decisions and the associated  expectations before each game and then review how things panned out after. They need to understand the patterns in their mistakes and miss expectations.... and avoid in future.  Otherwise they will continue to dilude themselves and get sacked.

I worry puel wants to change the way we play. ... but he is being thwarted or that someplayers aren't doing what he wants  ( eg grey at no 10).    Worse when things arent working he doesnt change tactics or personnel on the fieldquick enough.... he seems to wait hoping his words will sink in!

• Like 1