Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

33 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

:claudio:the second coming? :ph34r: In all seriousness I would like someone like Rodgers, Benitez, Howe.

Brendan Rogers is a bit of a bell end but I'd give him a chance. I think he did a great job at Swansea and was unlucky not to win the league with Liverpool. The season after they did badly, but replacing Luis Suarez with Mario Balotelli was only going to end one way and he wasn't behind that decision. He plays good stuff and might be able to build on the base possession that Puel has got us playing. The only thing I don't like about him is his personality really.

I'd personally have Ranieri back (the profile pic is the give away!). Yes he lost the plot at the end of his reign but the man did perform the biggest miracle in sports history and is a top guy. At Chelsea and Monaco he also had teams that played good stuff and now that our team has evolved a bit, perhaps he could get that out of us? The problem is that it seems like the players lost faith in him so might not be enthused to see him return. I'll happily admit I have a soft spot for him and a previous manager (Pearson) returned and did well in his second stint.

Rafa would be an obvious yes, how he ended up at Newcastle I do not know.

Not sure about Howe. Seems like a nice guy but not too impressed with him. Bournemouth spent a fair amount of money and are overrated IMO.

If the club know they can attract a manager who is undoubtedly a better option than Puel and can line them up then by all means they should do it. What we absolutely can't do is just sack Puel with nobody lined up. I'm worried that we sack Puel realise that no one wants the job and end up with one of these washed up managers from the carousel of shite. If they're going to change, the process has to be spot on.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2018 at 17:28, Gerard said:

Even when we won the title there was a sizeable minority who would have sacked Ranieri to get him back here. 

But he (NP) was the most successful manager we have ever had. Effectively winning the EPL by using the teams strengths. CP, even if he buys in the summer will not be able to impose a style of play, if he does we will be relegated. 

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don't really like the guy, but if you wanted to throw loads of money at someone to implement a passing style of football and is available then he'd be top of the list wouldn't he?

You can see it being the kind of appointment the owners would like as well, they do like a 'big name' manager.

Can't understand why not greater support for Wagner.To get the Terriers promoted on such a small budget was fantastic, and to keep them in the Prem, with four games to go, again with limited funds is a miracle. Managed to get  results against the top six along the way He young, articulate,and think out owners could match his ambition..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogogoagan said:

But he (NP) was the most successful manager we have ever had. Effectively winning the EPL by using the teams strengths. CP, even if he buys in the summer will not be able to impose a style of play, if he does we will be relegated. 

NFP effectively won the EPL????

• Like 2