Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Last season it was all about playing on the counter attack due to our previous campaign win (see Chelsea) now because Man City are starting to pass it around like Barca and Puel promotes that kind of football you all of a sudden think we are going to become them next season and jump on the hyperbole possession game bandwagon, again highly unlikely. 

Maybe instead of trying to ask players to play out of there boundaries or taking risks with other players his results may have been a lot better than the current 4 wins in 16, as someone else pointed out bad management, who's to say he gets his players next year and they perform just as bad then what? 

You managed to dodge every single point I've made. I'm sorry but this conversation isn't going anywhere so let's break it here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand everyone's fixation with possession football, we haven't got the resources to buy the quality of players to be successful playing in that manner.

What we needed to do is refine our counter attacking style, with better players! Yes, keep the ball better but keep the quick counter attack style, similar to Liverpool! 

CP has us playing tempted, slow, passionless football. Both Newcastle and Burnley out fought, out ran us and won the game s in the first 20 minutes! 

I'm having flash backs to Peter Taylor.....

Football is all about momentum and ours is only going one way! 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I was reading a list of the players Claude has coached. It's daft. He has a good track record of developing players. In a complete unrelated article to Leicester, Thierry Henry credited Claude with how he encouraged him to do extra training/fitness work. This led to his athlete physique which gave him the edge to his game. 

And yet one of the complaints from the squad is puel's poor training regimes ? 

39 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

And yet one of the complaints from the squad is puel's poor training regimes ? 

Good point - adds more colour to the whole debate. Are the players (or some of the players) the problem? 

Yet the likes of Henry, Hazard, Ben Arfa, Trezeguet, Lloris have all developed under him. 

8 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Yes pretty much this but I don't think they'll drop off. They genuinely have the chance to finish 8th.

It's simple if Newcastle doesn't give him what he wants he's gone.

But he won't come here. Why would he when Chelsea, Arsenal if Wenger goes, or any other big club in Europe would give their right hand to have him?

Are you even a Leicester fan? This small club mentality boils my p¡ss. How are we supposed to expect anyone to perceive us as a big club when half our own fans think we're Burnley. We're not. Benitez is the current manager of Newcastle and I honestly believe that we are a better option than Newcastle in every way possible in the eyes of any manager. I think he would abandon ship if we came calling because WE ARE A BIG EUROPEAN CLUB. To become a top 6 club you must first think like one. Arsenal are on the decline, I'd like to think that we are aspiring to grab their 'spot' with both hands as a traditional big club over the next season or two. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Good point - adds more colour to the whole debate. Are the players (or some of the players) the problem? 

Yet the likes of Henry, Hazard, Ben Arfa, Trezeguet, Lloris have all developed under him. 

I am not belittling that but he didn't manage all those players did he?, it's like saying we developed Kane and Lingard, when they were on loan at City.

20 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Are you even a Leicester fan? This small club mentality boils my p¡ss. How are we supposed to expect anyone to perceive us as a big club when half our own fans think we're Burnley. We're not. Benitez is the current manager of Newcastle and I honestly believe that we are a better option than Newcastle in every way possible in the eyes of any manager. I think he would abandon ship if we came calling because WE ARE A BIG EUROPEAN CLUB. To become a top 6 club you must first think like one. Arsenal are on the decline, I'd like to think that we are aspiring to grab their 'spot' with both hands as a traditional big club over the next season or two. 

Cool story.

Unfortunately I think the owners will get rid of puel in the summer. The realistic names I think we could get are - 

Marco silva - not that convinced of his loyalty though. 

Quique sanchez flores - Prem experience with watford. (granted only 1 season) 

Eduardo berrizo - did well at celta vigo and then harshly sacked at seville. 

Marcelo bielsa - complete long shot. Would love him here.

Slavisa jockanivic - if fulham don't go up. 

I hope I'm wrong but I just think the owners will look elsewhere in the summer. 

We keep talking about Puels system & game plan. A good coach brings a system in slowly & adapts his players to that system. He then replaces the players that can't or won't adapt. Trying to remake Danny Simpson into an overlapping fullback is just a waste of everyones time. Stubbornly playing a system that that has cost us a top 6/7 spot does not make sense.

I'm sorry but we can't be Sacking puel yet. I take into account our performances of late have been poor but this guy deserves the summer for sure, we just can't keep changing things when we haven't given him long enough. The guy is trying to change things and I'm absolutely sure he will be buying and selling in the summer so let's see what he does plus let's face, our last two summer transfer windows haven't been great! 

It's fair to say Southampton have gone from strength to strength since he left..... ?

• Like 1

Dyche how anyone disappointed with Puels style wants him is ridiculous

Benitez - desperately wants to stay at Newcastle he just needs funds. Family settled there, huge fan base, everyone loves him. If he left he could walk into a bigger job than us. Also his side's are also boring and players don't often like his methods (familiar?)

Tuchel - no chance

Bielsa - would be a laugh and he's crazy and we'd probably be entertaining. However his club record is arguably more miss than hit. Also doesn't speak English (I don't think) so we'd all be bored to death in his interviews as if thats actually a genuine gripe to have about a manager. 

Howe - would be alright but unproven away from the south coast where he's very settled. Not sure he's a step up

Jokanovic/Carvahal/etc etc - not really a step up? Jaap Stam was also impressive for 1 season in the championship. 

Would welcome anymore suggestions

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F1_AN said:

I was replying to you but not aiming my reply directly to you in any kind of jibe. What I was trying to say (quite badly) is Morgan being kept in sends the wrong message in terms of Puels authority. If it upsets players then they probably aren’t worth keeping  to be honest. Who is going to be sitting in the changing room saying oh Wes  you’ve been amazing how could he drop you...?  Puel has nothing to lose now by dropping him. In fact it would tell him a bit more about the characters he might be working with next season if they get upset 

The advantage of playing Morgan is that none of the putative 'awkward' squad from the league winning group can claim he has been unfairly ousted and not been given a fair chance to show what he can do with Puel's change of approach. The same goes for Simpson. Nor can anyone claim either of them has looked comfortable within the new setup. Puel has gained valuable ammunition if he wants to drop them. Given the status of the two within the setup this may prove to be quite valuable.

Are those who think Rafa Benitez would come here, the same people who thought we'd get Klopp at one stage?

There's talk today that Rafa could replace Wenger at Arsenal, so why would he come here?

Sorry, I just don't think we're anywhere near a big enough draw for him... 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I am not belittling that but he didn't manage all those players did he?, it's like saying we developed Kane and Lingard, when they were on loan at City.

He worked with those players either as an assistant manager or a manager. And for a prolonged period of time unlike the two guys you’ve mentioned there. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In France. Years ago.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And? 

I’m just looking at possible, realistic alternatives and very few have such a CV

Well, then I wonder why bringing up achievements that go waaaaay back.

Imagine if I were to rely on my past accolades from ten years ago when applying for a new job. Great, but what have I done in recent years, what new skillset do I bring to the table?

Puel was a great manager in France, but his record in the Premier League is skewed and to me, his "magic touch" seems to have vanished with it long ago.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, then I wonder why bringing up achievements that go waaaaay back.

Imagine if I were to rely on my past accolades from ten years ago when applying for a new job. Great, but what have I done in recent years, what new skillset do I bring to the table?

Puel was a great manager in France, but his record in the Premier League is skewed and to me, his "magic touch" seems to have vanished with it long ago.

He's here for less than two seasons in two differents clubs ffs. The results in Lille and Nice appeared after 2-3 seasons.

Edited by ZeGuy