Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

22 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

No one will leave their current post for us, as they will be well aware that even the shortest of bad runs puts them at serious risk of getting the sack. Plus there’s no way Puel will get the sack because he’s laid out a long term plan for the owners, they’re business people and will more than likely allow him to put that plan into practice, if things aren’t going as he foresaw POST summer transfer window, they will re-assess. So I’d delete all of the threads polls and such, as there’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that the owners are entertaining sacking him. 

We're hardly the only club in that situation.

What bugs me no end is that Puel starts talking about his "long-term plans" and "visions", but makes that on the back of four wins in 17 matches and no home win since late January.

To me, that's absolutely no position of strength to argue from and reeks of delusion to some extent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Callabinho said:

No one will leave their current post for us, as they will be well aware that even the shortest of bad runs puts them at serious risk of getting the sack. Plus there’s no way Puel will get the sack because he’s laid out a long term plan for the owners, they’re business people and will more than likely allow him to put that plan into practice, if things aren’t going as he foresaw POST summer transfer window, they will re-assess. So I’d delete all of the threads polls and such, as there’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that the owners are entertaining sacking him. 

There’s so much certainly in your post. Do you know the owners personally? Have they told you what their plans are?

All the names that have been mentioned on here as alternatives to Puel whether they be Benitez, Wagner, Dyche, Hughton, Howe etc. have all needed time to build what they wanted to at their respective clubs. Why would they want to come here if they're under pressure at the slightest hint of a bad run? You tell me.

• Like 2

Mahrez will go in the summer,

We are currently playing S***, Just don't have any confidence in Peul

Relegation contenders for next season unless something changes. Just don't want to wait until December before we sack and start looking for someone else. 

• Thanks 1

On 22/04/2018 at 01:03, BenTheFox said:

I've heard that we've been interested in him in the past. 

I thought he seemed a decent shot after we sacked Craig. I don't think he'll come though: the club and team respect him, he's had enough time to build his kind of team, he'll have more money next season and if sack Puel he'll probably see Leicester has a huge risk of going the same way as Claudio, Craig and Claude. Stay with those who respect him and will give him more money or leave for what'll likely be a 8 month job?

On 20/04/2018 at 14:15, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I can't understand why some others you would want to get rid of Puel,

Dull football? (I want to give Puel until Christmas to give us attacking football for the record.)

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

All the names that have been mentioned on here as alternatives to Puel whether they be Benitez, Wagner, Dyche, Hughton, Howe etc. have all needed time to build what they wanted to at their respective clubs. Why would they want to come here if they're under pressure at the slightest hint of a bad run? You tell me.

FT would have  ‘Polled’ to get rid of Fergie had been our manager back in his first year at Manure.  This continual habit of calling for the managers head if we do not win 10 games in a row and play like Barca every game, is not really conducive to building a team that can seriously challenge for domestic cup honours and a respectable league position.

Puel only signed one signed one of this lot.  Is it he or the players that are letting us down at the moment? 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Puel only signed one signed one of this lot.  Is it he or the players that are letting us down at the moment? 

I'm not sure it's ever that binary. I get the feeling the players who are unsuited to his football will be very difficult to deal with, and perhaps detrimental to team motivation. That said, he is the manager, and he doesn't just manage the tactics, but he manages the players, including those who aren't in his plans. I agree about needing to give him time to build a team though, in the hope we build some exciting football too.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

FT would have  ‘Polled’ to get rid of Fergie had been our manager back in his first year at Manure.  This continual habit of calling for the managers head if we do not win 10 games in a row and play like Barca every game, is not really conducive to building a team that can seriously challenge for domestic cup honours and a respectable league position.

How many people are actually asking the team to win ten games in a row? 

And who is really expecting us to play "like Barcelona every game"?

You'll find out pretty soon that they are not that many.

As for your question at the end - both.

On 22/04/2018 at 10:52, Lionator said:

There's talk of Wagner but nothing of somebody who's done an even better job at Brighton, maybe because he's English and that is uncool in managerial terms.

CH has done an excellent job at Brighton,

but I don’t think you can compare them to Huddersfield in terms of finances,fan base and more importantly expectation,

brighton are expected to be in the play offs at least where as Huddersfield expectation at championship level was simply survival 

47 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

How many people are actually asking the team to win ten games in a row? 

And who is really expecting us to play "like Barcelona every game"?

You'll find out pretty soon that they are not that many.

As for your question at the end - both.

Not sure how many are asking what, but many seem to have unrealistic expectations of where we should be.