Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

I think puel will be gone in the summer. Don't agree with this but just my opinion. I can see us getting Quique sanchez flores. He would tick the boxes like when we hired puel. He'd be cheap (having just been sacked by espanyol), have Prem experience and we might as well have a spanish manager. We've tried italian, french and then spanish. With rudkin involved I can see it happening. 

I too have a feeling the owners will send him down the road in the summer unless by some miracle we see a huge change in next 4 games.

They watch all the games and must be getting the same feeling that many fans are.

They pay the bills and are not afraid to make the big decisions.

We have built a reputation for exciting aggressive play to be quite proud of and its going going gone.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have a feeling that when Shakespeare got sacked, the owners had so,some else in mind and tried to persuade them to come to the club but refused and Puel was a second or third option.

Wagner, from Huddersfield, has always been the top priority, even before Shakey was appointed. If Huddersfield get relegated (which it doesn't look like it) it could happen.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Wagner, from Huddersfield, has always been the top priority, even before Shakey was appointed. If Huddersfield get relegated (which it doesn't look like it) it could happen.

Heard a rumour(probably bollocks) that we even had Wagner in the building back in February last year. 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

And their fans moan about slow football, lots of possession and a lack of creativity.

Sound familiar? lol

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

And their fans moan about slow football, lots of possession and a lack of creativity.

Sound familiar? lol

Their fans cannot moan about anything, at least our expectations have been distorted lol What I can say the players we have are much better than the likes of Colin Quaner. 

12 hours ago, justfoxes said:

What with Arsene Wenger leaving the Gooneys would anyone take Wenger over Puell ??

Personally, I would though it won’t happen. Wagner, Howe or even Dyche are perhaps more likely candidates.

14 hours ago, justfoxes said:

What with Arsene Wenger leaving the Gooneys would anyone take Wenger over Puell ??

I would take Wenger any day. Ask him as a consultant to work with Puell and I would also except that. 

We need to replace Wes, Marhez, Huth who were instrumental in us winning the league. We have more possession today but Wes keeps making mistakes, We are/were known as the counter-attacking side. Not know. Sorry but I don't have any confidence in us unless something changes this season.

There must be unrest currently at LCFC. The team spirit seems to have gone 

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

We currently sit 9th with 44 points. I believe we won't win another game this season so if we draw 2 and lose 2 we would finish on 46 points. Last season was a pretty poor season for us after winning the league (except the champs league run) and we finished on 44 points in 12th position. The great escape season we finished on 41 points and finished 14th. Last season, Southampton finished 8th with 46 points. The previous seasons before that, teams needed upwards of 56 points to finish 8th. The point im eventually making is that although we should be reasonably happy finishing 8th/9th or it may end up being 10th, ultimately the league is extremely poor compared to 2 or 3 years ago and our league position doesn't really reflect the fact that we have been very very poor for most of the season both in terms of results and performances. Of course it's great that we aren't in a relegation battle but I feel overall we have under performed this season and that is not me being unrealistic on the back Of our title win, i think its clear to everyone that finishing top 10 this season isn't a true reflection on how crap we have been. 

The postion is relative to the poor performance of other teams.

The results in games v bournmouth swansea stoke palace newcastle southampton etc give you a good feel for where we are

15 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I think puel will be gone in the summer. Don't agree with this but just my opinion. I can see us getting Quique sanchez flores. He would tick the boxes like when we hired puel. He'd be cheap (having just been sacked by espanyol), have Prem experience and we might as well have a spanish manager. We've tried italian, french and then spanish. With rudkin involved I can see it happening. 

Why should we get rid of Puel....now Wait a minute!!!

Put yourself in the owners shoes..we are not Chelsea,L'pool,or even Southampton.

Puel,I am sure was given some Mandate,plus to rebuild and to see which players from within the

Squad including  Fringe/youth players are either  fit for purpose or access to requirements.

Now take in the idea ,that not just you but within this forum,there is a mixed bunch of

Posters that have issues with some players,while those exact same players,will also have

Posters,who enjoy watching them play for Leicester.Then the Newbies where opinion is also

Split on their future foxes prospects. Various Opinions,critic leaning to the positive or negative

I totally unterstand....

My Problem in thought,are when Fans/Posters assume and presume the obvious,because

of their own feelings and emotions....Why do you think for one Puels days are numbered.??

Negatives fromm within Forums,social media seem to put some not all parttakers on the consentious,

that their ideas and opinion are actually Fact and so obvious to all.

Football was never like that,so black and white.

Sometimes,I know I get on my high horse,over too much negativity or whining,and show my

disdain on the spite or those who go on some crusade of one sort or another.

Banter,negative or otherwise should not be onesided,there are the Twiste and turns of ones own

emotions of delight and levels of Frustration,so noway do I take any stance on any singular view point.

I might not unterstand the inner whys,or get the logic even when stated.

That is where I am with  these accumalation of topics on Puels( or anywould be managers)

Continually asking the question of his capabilities,competence and knowldege in taking 

Our Club further.

With my knowledge of life,I know I aint naive or that innocent,but with a

Lower level Club (not yet consistent top 8 pl level),why do some posters expect the entitlement

of instant success,transition,and consistent high quality performance levels,From a guy who

hasnt Been here a season.Hes not a Pullis,Alerdyche type fireman whos one goal and Mandate

was to stay up.Yes we have a reasonable squad,who to be fair some have issues,some have

not yet realised their potential,some for 2 seasons,have shown indifferent attitude and Form.

Puels inherited a error/mistake per 2 game ridden group which shown lack of concentration

and gameday discipline....So where and why should Puel,show himself AS a miracle worker,

better than the various top 6 clubs and their managers,who all took anywhere between

2-7 seasons,to find that consistency of success,and to keep it going..That also to be said,with

Better and deeper quality squads,also with their  quality players immediately to Hand,and finances,

that their poor unsuccessfull  financial fail transfers and losses could be Ridden and covered.

I can only mention maybe 2 handfull of managers,who in this modern Generation of football,or

since,lets say the 80s,that through Europe has successfully managed any of the "also-rans"

to a 1st 2yrs then continual Period of gold and successfull performances.

2 Germans instantly come to mind..Winnie Schaefer,and Otto Rehhagel,and their 1st few months

Were also struggle.A few Italiens ,Spanish,the successfull known dutch managers,made their

Names with big clubs.  So why suddenly this crusade to attack Puel so early in his tenure.

Its no success,or winning of St Peter Points if a group of  miserable "told you so's"

See their predictions come true Next December.He needs time to realise his chance,because

in football..thats all it is!!    And thats what some just dont savvy.!!!

None of US know until that Chance on ones own terms and scope of Mandate is given.

Edited by fuchsntf

I don't have the confidence in Puel, a few decisions for me are baffling and the tactics he's looking to employ does not fill me with confidence.

I understand we would need to sacrifice the tactics we formerly used but evidence suggests the way he's getting us to play isn't going to mean sustained success, he was never my first choice manager but the longer he is here the more I am thinking Southampton were right about him.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

the longer he is here the more I am thinking Southampton were right about him.

He finished 8th with a worse team than the one who is a favourite for relegation this year.
Be careful what you wish for.

3 minutes ago, yks said:

He finished 8th with a worse team than the one who is a favourite for relegation this year.
Be careful what you wish for.

When you look at the squad depth and the players on Southampton's books under Puel, you can argue that they had the better team then than they have now.

I acknowledge that injuries took some toll in 2016-17, but they finished 8th with 41 goals in 38 matches, the lowest out of all Top Ten teams, only "surpassed" by Burnley's 39 (16th spot) and Watford's 40 (17th spot).

The points difference to 13th spot was a meagre two points.

Their last eight league matches read: W1 D3 L4. They also failed to score on six different occasions in that period.

Interesting that five of the managers discussed as better options have all had opportunity to develop their management of a team. 

Wagner had a season of stablising at Huddersfield. 

Howe took a couple of go's at getting Bournemouth up and they have had some wretched spells in the PL. 

Dyche - promoted, then relegated and rebuilt. 

Benitez - couldn't half the slump to relegation and rebuild the squad. 

Jokanovic - taken his time getting Fulham to this position. 

All of them have had time to fix faults and get their teams playing. 

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting that five of the managers discussed as better options have all had opportunity to develop their management of a team. 

Wagner had a season of stablising at Huddersfield. 

Howe took a couple of go's at getting Bournemouth up and they have had some wretched spells in the PL. 

Dyche - promoted, then relegated and rebuilt. 

Benitez - couldn't half the slump to relegation and rebuild the squad. 

Jokanovic - taken his time getting Fulham to this position. 

All of them have had time to fix faults and get their teams playing. 

But we won the league.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why should we get rid of Puel....now Wait a minute!!!

Put yourself in the owners shoes..we are not Chelsea,L'pool,or even Southampton.

Puel,I am sure was given some Mandate,plus to rebuild and to see which players from within the

Squad including  Fringe/youth players are either  fit for purpose or access to requirements.

Now take in the idea ,that not just you but within this forum,there is a mixed bunch of

Posters that have issues with some players,while those exact same players,will also have

Posters,who enjoy watching them play for Leicester.Then the Newbies where opinion is also

Split on their future foxes prospects. Various Opinions,critic leaning to the positive or negative

I totally unterstand....

My Problem in thought,are when Fans/Posters assume and presume the obvious,because

of their own feelings and emotions....Why do you think for one Puels days are numbered.??

Negatives fromm within Forums,social media seem to put some not all parttakers on the consentious,

that their ideas and opinion are actually Fact and so obvious to all.

Football was never like that,so black and white.

Sometimes,I know I get on my high horse,over too much negativity or whining,and show my

disdain on the spite or those who go on some crusade of one sort or another.

Banter,negative or otherwise should not be onesided,there are the Twiste and turns of ones own

emotions of delight and levels of Frustration,so noway do I take any stance on any singular view point.

I might not unterstand the inner whys,or get the logic even when stated.

That is where I am with  these accumalation of topics on Puels( or anywould be managers)

Continually asking the question of his capabilities,competence and knowldege in taking 

Our Club further.

With my knowledge of life,I know I aint naive or that innocent,but with a

Lower level Club (not yet consistent top 8 pl level),why do some posters expect the entitlement

of instant success,transition,and consistent high quality performance levels,From a guy who

hasnt Been here a season.Hes not a Pullis,Alerdyche type fireman whos one goal and Mandate

was to stay up.Yes we have a reasonable squad,who to be fair some have issues,some have

not yet realised their potential,some for 2 seasons,have shown indifferent attitude and Form.

Puels inherited a error/mistake per 2 game ridden group which shown lack of concentration

and gameday discipline....So where and why should Puel,show himself AS a miracle worker,

better than the various top 6 clubs and their managers,who all took anywhere between

2-7 seasons,to find that consistency of success,and to keep it going..That also to be said,with

Better and deeper quality squads,also with their  quality players immediately to Hand,and finances,

that their poor unsuccessfull  financial fail transfers and losses could be Ridden and covered.

I can only mention maybe 2 handfull of managers,who in this modern Generation of football,or

since,lets say the 80s,that through Europe has successfully managed any of the "also-rans"

to a 1st 2yrs then continual Period of gold and successfull performances.

2 Germans instantly come to mind..Winnie Schaefer,and Otto Rehhagel,and their 1st few months

Were also struggle.A few Italiens ,Spanish,the successfull known dutch managers,made their

Names with big clubs.  So why suddenly this crusade to attack Puel so early in his tenure.

Its no success,or winning of St Peter Points if a group of  miserable "told you so's"

See their predictions come true Next December.He needs time to realise his chance,because

in football..thats all it is!!    And thats what some just dont savvy.!!!

None of US know until that Chance on ones own terms and scope of Mandate is given.

I think we should keep puel for next season but I think the owners will get rid. I just see parallels with how southampton finished last season. We are limping towards the finishing line. I agree he should be given more time.