Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How much of this is fact, how much is 'fact', and how much is speculation please?

All that I've put is from a source that called the shakey appointment. And the Maguire deal. So total fact? But he gets enough right for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

All that I've put is from a source that called the shakey appointment. And the Maguire deal. So total fact? But he gets enough right for me.

Quite prepared to believe it, it wasn't asked with attitude.

My attitude is that whatever will be, will be - I have recently realised that being overly concerned about such things does me no good at all. If he's going, I only hope we make a genuinely interesting and progressive appointment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well if they have read the poll then 61/39 says he should be safe !!

That also says 40% are pissed off with him. How many games next season before it's 50/50 then 40/60. Do we want a manager change after 10 games again. And no I don't want him out I fe should get more time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

That also says 40% are pissed off with him. How many games next season before it's 50/50 then 40/60. Do we want a manager change after 10 games again. And no I don't want him out I fe should get more time.

Real shame. If your source is correct, he's been hounded out by fans after steering us to pretty much where we're expected to be, pretty much where we'd aim to be

Lots of fans of clubs moan that they dont have enough of a say. Not with us it seems.  If we sack Puel on the back of the fans' opinion then those fans are responsible for what happens to us next season. This forum will be interesting at least

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I got told by 2 people who work for the club that he’s gone in the summer. One told me at the game last Thursday and the other told me Sunday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Real shame. If your source is correct, he's been hounded out by fans after steering us to pretty much where we're expected to be, pretty much where we'd aim to be

Lots of fans of clubs moan that they dont have enough of a say. Not with us it seems.  If we sack Puel on the back of the fans' opinion then those fans are responsible for what happens to us next season. This forum will be interesting at least

... whilst damaging the ship and pissing off the crew.

Just to take your analogy one step further.

Also, and I've said it before, no matter who's going to be our manager next season, he'll have a full pre-season and his hands full with compiling a competitive squad, a squad in dire need of direction and a squad that needs mixing up so badly.

It helps no one when fans like you start making early accusations aimed at other fans whom you perceive to be potentially responsible for the sacking of a manager.

Results dictate the flow of the game, and based on the last seventeen league matches, Puel is treading on dangerous ground.

I seriously don't get what people expect? 7th is our ceiling, we simply don't have the financial power to compete with the big boys.

Just let him build something, if it goes to pot next season then fair enough but who would seriously come here if we're sacking managers for finishing in the top half?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I seriously don't get what people expect? 7th is our ceiling, we simply don't have the financial power to compete with the big boys.

Just let him build something, if it goes to pot next season then fair enough but who would seriously come here if we're sacking managers for finishing in the top half?

Pellegrino

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I did mention the other day that i was told that Puel was to be sacked and the owners was going all out to get Benitez, I didn’t really believe it,  but not so sure now.

He’s probably the best option we can realistically get.

I’m on the fence at the moment one hand thinking the guy needs to get his own squad together give him his own players inbover the closed season get them settled in and playing to how he wants then give him til January if we’re the wrong end of the table then maybe time for a change ?

The other hand is he’s not really setting the world on fire there’s reports or Chinese whispers alledging it’s not all well in the dressing room and the players are revolting, his formations and team choices are raising eyebrows in certain areas he’s not exactly getting usbplaying to our potential were dropping stupid points ones we should be walking away with maximum points but we’re gifting points to the opposition ?

So what is the right choice the correct course of Action I’m glad I do t have to make the decision along the line of the Kinks “ SHOULD HE STAY OR SHOULD HE GO NOW ??”

32 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

... whilst damaging the ship and pissing off the crew.

Just to take your analogy one step further.

Also, and I've said it before, no matter who's going to be our manager next season, he'll have a full pre-season and his hands full with compiling a competitive squad, a squad in dire need of direction and a squad that needs mixing up so badly.

It helps no one when fans like you start making early accusations aimed at other fans whom you perceive to be potentially responsible for the sacking of a manager.

Results dictate the flow of the game, and based on the last seventeen league matches, Puel is treading on dangerous ground.

You have said it before about pre season. I dont understand why. Puel would have the same pre season plus this season in which he's been able to assess and work with the squad

This ship is not damaged. What are you talking about? We are in the top half.

I'm not making accusations. Just stating that if the owners are sacking him based on the fans' opinions then, well thats great..they listen to the fans, but it does make such fans responsible. Not my accusation. Its what Sylo said he heard from inside the club.  I'm reacting to that, not suggesting things out of my own imagination

If we do get rid of Puel, i hope the next guy works out well.  But this sacking doesnt make sense to me. We'll see what happens though

42 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I got told by 2 people who work for the club that he’s gone in the summer. One told me at the game last Thursday and the other told me Sunday. 

I too have been told by a good source ex-player that works at the club that he is likely to go and they have two targets....one being a ginger midland based premier manager!!