Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Honestly, us thinking we can get Dyche, Wagner or Jokanovic is on par with Everton thinking they can get Vardy.

People complain about "boring", "sideways" football and than suggest Dyche and Wagner. It doesn't make sense.

If we want someone in to play nice attacking football then lets look abroad. Southampton pulled one out with Pochettino, there's managers out there outside of the Premier League.

Edited by Fox92

7 minutes ago, brucey said:

Honestly, us thinking we can get Dyche, Wagner or Jokanovic is on par with Everton thinking they can get Vardy.

Mmm not really, if they don't go up and he's given a shot at the Premier League with a club willing to give him a pre-season, transfer budget and bigger wages what would you opt for?

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Jeez, not that chewed up claptrap of „instant success“ again.

Care to back that up or are you simply basing it on your own notion? My hunch is you‘re as far away from the truth as one can be, because no real or sensible Leicester City supporter would demand immediate return on investment, no matter whom the manager. Yet, patience wears thin with regards to Puel, and in the end, it‘s the owners who decide.

If Puel manages to win all four remaining matches or remain unbeaten, I think that‘d bode very well for next season. Fail, and he‘s got no one else to blame but himself, thanks to grand results and performances against Crystal Palace (relegation-threatened), Everton (negative goal difference), Swansea (relegation-threatened), Stoke (relegation-threatened), Bournemouth (not completely safe yet), Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley and Southampton (relegation-threatened).

Define „instant“ and „success“ for a club like Leicester City and we can take it from there.

At no point did i mention that its the club that demands instant success its the fans that do these days booing players off the pitch since Christmas even at half time its pathetic. I'm sorry if you dont agree but if you dont think we are moving forward then we wont ever agree as i for one (theres probably not many of us) but i can actually see we are progressing, we are moving forward on the pitch and off the pitch (stadium expansion, new training facilities etc.) and then only thing that is stuck cliniching on to that great season or two are the fans. We have manager that hasnt even had a pre-season yet under unbelivable amounts of pressure when sitting in the top half of the league with a squad he has inherited - with lets be honest more crap than good according to most.

How you can already write this guy off confusses me? There is no one in the UK that would come to us - Not one from the premier league anyway (apart from the 3 going down) so that means going abroad and you think our fans would be up for that? No they would boo and demand him out before he has the time to actually do anything at our club. We fans basically becoming Leeds Utd fans - a bunch of needy w*nkers.

1 minute ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Laurent blanc 

Peter bosz

Luis Enrique 

All available 

All better option than puel

All would probably take the job with the money available to spend 

A racist, a failure in a top league and a bloke whose been linked with Arsenal/PSG all season. 

1 minute ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Laurent blanc 

Peter bosz

Luis Enrique 

All available 

All better option than puel

All would probably take the job with the money available to spend 

lol - Correct apart from your last line which is massively incorrect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

lol - Correct apart from your last line which is massively incorrect.

This was said about Sven aswel when we was in championship.

To be honest thou all this paper talk about puel getting sacked at the end of the season I think is BS.

Hes going to be here next season, I have heard the owners are aware that the squad needs rebuilding and they still think puel is going to be the one to do this.

I'm still puel out thou until proven wrong then il hold my hands up and admit that.

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Mmm not really, if they don't go up and he's given a shot at the Premier League with a club willing to give him a pre-season, transfer budget and bigger wages what would you opt for?

He's employed by the guy who's just tried to buy Wembley.

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

At no point did i mention that its the club that demands instant success its the fans that do these days booing players off the pitch since Christmas even at half time its pathetic. I'm sorry if you dont agree but if you dont think we are moving forward then we wont ever agree as i for one (theres probably not many of us) but i can actually see we are progressing, we are moving forward on the pitch and off the pitch (stadium expansion, new training facilities etc.) and then only thing that is stuck cliniching on to that great season or two are the fans. We have manager that hasnt even had a pre-season yet under unbelivable amounts of pressure when sitting in the top half of the league with a squad he has inherited - with lets be honest more crap than good according to most.

How you can already write this guy off confusses me? There is no one in the UK that would come to us - Not one from the premier league anyway (apart from the 3 going down) so that means going abroad and you think our fans would be up for that? No they would boo and demand him out before he has the time to actually do anything at our club. We fans basically becoming Leeds Utd fans - a bunch of needy w*nkers.

I think I was pretty clearly referring to you calling some of our fans demanding „instant success“. I wasn‘t talking about the club.

Our only progress so far has been the announcement of a new training facility and the stadium expansion, plus Diabaté. Other than that, the matches have been dreadful at times since late 2017, reminiscent of the style witnessed under Levein, Kelly, etc.

I‘m by no means a fan of booing, but who can blame the fans for being upset and voicing their opinion in this way about performances and results in the past five months?

And where was that „pressure“ when sitting in the top half of the table? How did that really manifest itself? Add to that rejoicing a challenge, or a mini challenge such as grabbing 7th spot. Puel is experienced enough to handle stress situations, and it‘s often under these circumstances that the real character or strength comes through.

I haven‘t seen any of that yet.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

His relationship with the board at Fulham isn’t great. Very Pearson-esque in fact 

Fair enough, I don't know the specifics of his relationship with the owners. But all things being equal, if it were me I wouldn't see the minor step up to us as being worth the risk.

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

But every time they make the wrong call with someone and we end up going through a sack and hire process every few months we get further and further away from having that stability and ability to push on. They (and sadly many of our own fans) are not even giving someone a full season to prove their worth in spite of the fact that, overall, we're actually in a far better league position than we have been than at any point in the past 18 months. No one seems willing to accept that *maybe* trusting someone to get on with a long term overhaul of the team, squad and club might involve dips in form and not quite achieving our potential at the first time of asking under a new manager - as disappointing as that may be.

We won the league and played in Europe because of a perfect storm of various factors, not just because of our owners. If you're going to attribute our success solely to them then you might as well claim it's because we played in blue shorts for those two seasons. It's not as simple as that.

Like I say, it's laughable how it's always the manager's fault and those actually charged with appointing someone avoid scrutiny time after time, and instead people actively offer their unconditional support that they'll get it right the next time. Like others have said, we're becoming Watford and are fast turning into a laughing stock. Our luck will run out.

....I would love to see stability for this club. Yes you are right, the perception of this club will be tainted with yet another manager leaving in this manner. I would suggest that should we have maintained the League position Puel found us in and gradually progressed to our current position then this situation would not have arisen. The fact that we now playing worse game by game, we had 2 quarter Finals of which we went through the motions, no application or enthusiasm brought to both games has lead to the clamour for his resignation.

He talks a good talk but he has shown nothing that leads me to believe he is capable of following through.

As for who will take over I am sure it will not be one of the usual suspects (it never is)!!!

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

And our now notoriously fickle fans would have given him the chance to do that, yeah? lol

Come on. He'd have been hounded out by the kind of entitled weirdos who boo any time we're not winning at half-time. We're fast becoming a basket case of a club.

It seems,its the impatient and wierdos who are taking over this forum...

These last weeks,Proved to me,also that some Journalist do ruffle through Forums,

and try to get some stories,rolling using the tasty type of opinions More than facts.

Amazing that a minority of under 1000 dozos ,can influence the Mood if not the opinion of 30k+ fans.

I for one ,want to stand up and be counted and say..

*I dont believe in this player power crap over Ranieri..

*I dont believe in it now.

*Its crap and utter nonsense comparing Puels Southampton days,and basing opinions on them.

*I do believe disenchanted ,off form players and their agents ,do whine and go to the press.

*I believe some players ,even the legends,have reached the twilight of their PL careers.

*I believe all our young players have promise and potential,even the ones who have strops,should

be held onto,and be shown time, patience and encouragement ,from the terraces

*I believe we have a good,but not great squad,and some fans overrate too highly this squad and

expected achievements.Then let loose with abandon their spite riding on their own frustrations.

* I said when Puel was appointed (even if it was another Name),its time to rebuild a New concept

and ethos/Character to out team.

* Not to allow Mahrez or any other player's wish to move,to become a despairing or major issue.

* Give this New manager,and the newbies to either squad or team,

the time and patience and be prepared for downsides and many Twists and turns.

* Forget the title year,as a tool to measure our needs and expectations for the future,

not to confuse great ideals of ambitions, with some farfetched entitlement opinions.

* We still belong to an array of Clubs,that will always remain "also rans" for top 4-6

but in the same period, and wiff of hope and dreams,find ourselves fighting off relegation.

* Look at the facts,of all Teams player investment,top rich Clubs can ride,the failed or

wrong player transfers.

* More so now in the last 5-8 yrs,the financial clout of paying top wages( not the transfer money)

Unfortunately does make a massive difference for continuity and stabilty of Holding Periods of

Competing either for top 4 placings,or even competing for the lower covetted top 8,

while seeking to chase a European spot.

* I believe,after following this forum and a few others that some of todays fans have lost their

hold on reality and the obvious, in the game of PL football.

* Though not forgetting its unpredictability,modern football does now find unfortunately that

the logic of a ridiculous astronomical financial budget,guarrantees top 6 placings.

* There will be still the rare and odd hit of pleasant suprises.

* We need to hold onto Puel,give him time to develope and give him a chance of future growth

or we will be pinging around with silly dreams of believing the next Name off the block is

The dream manager. 

* Pearson,Dyche ,have shown the way,some others are coming through..but Lets give Puel his Chance.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Huddersfield have failed to score in 18 games this season. Obviously if Wagner was here he’d have much better players but even so hardly ‘exciting football’ is it? 

The same with Dyche, who isn’t going to be leaving anyway, they’ve scored 35 goals in 35 games in the league. Wild.

If you want Puel out, I disagree personally but that’s fine but you can’t lament Puel for boring football and then suggest managers that are unlikely to transition us into an exciting team overnight.

Puel is boring but sacking him leaves out to sea in the midst of a storm with a Sam Allardyce shaped port available.

There’s huge revisionism on Wagner - his Huddersfield team have played a lot like Leicester in the Great Escape season. 11 behind the ball, pick up what we can. 

Anyone also thinking the old style of Vardy taking advantage of 30 yards behind the opposition defence is deluded. Teams simply play so deep against us. Yes we could press more and be urgent but there will be sideways passing. 

• Like 1

Get Dyche will be the owners remit I am pretty sure - style and background similar to NP but manages the PR better with a wealth of Prem experience - may not have had money but am damn sure will organise us, motivate and be clear on a plan....

Watch this space plus he is based in the Midlands - has been approached before and would get double the wages. Probably as good an opportunity as he will get to go to the next level with backing - whether he wishes to move at this juncture will be interesting but I know for a fact that he has been approached before!

51 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Huddersfield have failed to score in 18 games this season. Obviously if Wagner was here he’d have much better players but even so hardly ‘exciting football’ is it? 

The same with Dyche, who isn’t going to be leaving anyway, they’ve scored 35 goals in 35 games in the league. Wild.

If you want Puel out, I disagree personally but that’s fine but you can’t lament Puel for boring football and then suggest managers that are unlikely to transition us into an exciting team overnight.

Puel is boring but sacking him leaves out to sea in the midst of a storm with a Sam Allardyce shaped port available.

Sam Allardyce's team is in 8th place and we've been told for months now that 8th would be a great season for us .Now I'm not saying we should appoint Big Sam but according to some on here he should be good enough.

• Like 1