Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

And yet they would appear to have got it so wrong with the last two appointments, if much of our fanbase are to be believed.

Amazing how they and Rudkin get a free pass and total, unwavering faith is put in them every time we go through this shit.

Mad isn't it? Especially when you consider how close they supposedly are with senior players. 

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Three sackings in fourteen months is an embarrassment.

What would two sackings in twelve months say about Puel?

But should that happen, then there's a need to question our management on the whole, I concur.

No matter what you think of Shakespeare as a manager, to be sacked after the fixtures we had to go through at the end of last season and at the start of this season, and this after having received a three-year contract in June...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Dyche would be madness. We've made a choice as a club to move away from a ultra-counter attacking style and to improve our possession game. The next appointment has to be along those lines.

Dyche would be a backwards step from that point of view. He wasn't right for us in September and he still isn't.

It was Puel's choice to go with a possession game. There is nothing saying that we can't now go for a high press counter-attacking type of manager, in fact I'd very much love it if we did.

No way Dyche is coming anyway. Recently signed a new contract, plus Burnley are rich now and have EL.

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

What would two sackings in twelve months say about Puel?

But should that happen, then there's a need to question our management on the whole, I concur.

No matter what you think of Shakespeare as a manager, to be sacked after the fixtures we had to go through at the end of last season and at the start of this season, and this after having received a three-year contract in June...

You could put very strong cases for both of them being harsh. I don't think he'd struggle finding another job. 

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Marco Silva for me then if true. Available, young, ambitious and experience in the Prem. 

It really is a near exact copy of what happened to Puel at Southampton/ He needs to reevaluate his methods and maybe learn to be more flexible. 

My main worry when Puel was appointed was how it ended at Southampton. Not even the results, but the reported bust ups with senior players who said they never want to play under him again.

I have similar concerns with Silva - he has a reputation for getting his head turned mid season, worse than Mahrez. The Watford/Everton situation wasn't the first time it happened.

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

If we sack Puel we’ve completely lost the plot and become Watford.

We need to give a manager time to build a team, like Pearson did, they complain.

*Manager comes in to build a team*

*Saves us from relegation*

*Gives youth a chance*

*Sacked in less than a season*

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We need to give a manager time to build a team, like Pearson did, they complain.

*Manager comes in to build a team*

*Saves us from relegation*

*Gives youth a chance*

*Sacked in less than a season*

Shakespeare saved us from relegation he lasted even less.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Guest said:

If he does go I wouldn't mind Marco Silva. Watford looked terrific before the whole business with Everton, although he doesn't come out of that situation looking particularly well. Done really well in all his other jobs, including Hull which was essentially an impossible task. Didn't realise it was a defeat against us that lost him his job this season - we do seem to have a knack for getting managers sacked.

Benitez would be nice but not terribly likely I wouldn't have thought. Dickhead owner aside, he seems pretty happy at Newcastle and I suspect he'll have fancier suitors than us if he does decide he's had enough of Ashley

I like the way he was prepared to get his hands dirty by sticking with Newcastle when they went down. Solid experience of both the top and lower end of the PL. Sounds a good bet to me if we can get him.

8 hours ago, Old Fox said:

This shit - promotion, survival, champions, qtr final of CL and a disappointing Top 10 finish........many clubs change managers and few backed like our owners do. In our history this is one of the most exciting periods with the owners intent on making us a Top 6 club who will not sit back and risk us slipping back on their plan!!

some of our fans don’t realise how fortunate we are and yes they have got it wrong but boy they have got more right and continue to push our club forward every day!

The times when they have "got it right" involved actually leaving a manager with a long term approach to get on with the job (Pearson) and a huge madcap cosmic alignment (Ranieri's first season). Apart from that their appointment and sacking record is pretty woeful.

At some point we'll need to admit to ourselves that this being such a regular occurrence doesn't quite make them the brilliant business brains everyone says they are, but until then I guess until then we can keep enjoying our free beer once every now and then hey!

I see people are arrogantly going on about Benitez again like we're an attractive option at the moment. I'll say it again, most would have wanted him gone by now if we'd had the season Newcastle have had up until about the past month. We've become one of the most deluded fanbases going.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The times when they have "got it right" involved actually leaving a manager with a long term approach to get on with the job (Pearson) and a huge madcap cosmic alignment (Ranieri's first season). Apart from that their appointment and sacking record is pretty woeful.

At some point we'll need to admit to ourselves that this being such a regular occurrence doesn't quite make them the brilliant business brains everyone says they are, but until then I guess until then we can keep enjoying our free beer once every now and then hey!

I see people are arrogantly going on about Benitez again like we're an attractive option at the moment. I'll say it again, most would have wanted him gone by now if we'd had the season Newcastle have had up until about the past month. We've become one of the most deluded fanbases going.

With Benitez we wouldn’t have wasted the opportunity to get 7th position imo.

He is a better manager than Puel.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Benitez would definitely have been fired already if he was our manager and had us in Newcastle's position for most of the season. He wont come here. I'll probably lose even more interest if we sack yet another manager. 

We would have pushed on further under Benitez. It might not have been so attractive in Nov as Rafa would have been sorting out the defence and set pieces 

but we would be in 7th place now 

i dont necessarily believe the football would have been that much more attractive under Benitez but the results would. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We would have pushed on further under Benitez. It might not have been so attractive in Nov as Rafa would have been sorting out the defence and set pieces 

but we would be in 7th place now 

And our now notoriously fickle fans would have given him the chance to do that, yeah? lol

Come on. He'd have been hounded out by the kind of entitled weirdos who boo any time we're not winning at half-time. We're fast becoming a basket case of a club.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You’re either very ignorant or don’t have a clue as our owners are probably some of the most astute football club owners in the UK.

If like me you had seen the last 40+ years then the current stewards of our great club are the best in our history. Yes made mistakes but they don’t mess about they try to correct them quickly.

i don’t agree with everything they do as some of the fireworks and ceremonies are OTT are a small price to pay for what they bring to our City and Football club.

Fans like you do not deserve them as you really don’t have a clue and realise how fortunate we have been - thanks to mad Mandy!!

I don’t believe Benitez is a target and is probably going to stay loyal to NUFC and I never mentioned him.

Your argument is weak and pathetic as name the last time we won the league and played in the Champions League as if they are the mugs you purport then they have been extremely lucky and also to be worth millions of pounds must also have been fortunate - ridiculous!!

We all want stability and a club ethos which runs through all the ages but they have got it wrong trusting CP to do this and they will act - they did appoint someone who at least kept us up but fans, players, management alike are all bemused and dispirited with CP - he’ll be gone so get over it and look forward.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

You’re either very ignorant or don’t have a clue as our owners are probably some of the most astute football club owners in the UK.

If like me you had seen the last 40+ years then the current stewards of our great club are the best in our history. Yes made mistakes but they don’t mess about they try to correct them quickly.

i don’t agree with everything they do as some of the fireworks and ceremonies are OTT are a small price to pay for what they bring to our City and Football club.

Fans like you do not deserve them as you really don’t have a clue and realise how fortunate we have been - thanks to mad Mandy!!

I don’t believe Benitez is a target and is probably going to stay loyal to NUFC and I never mentioned him.

Your argument is weak and pathetic as name the last time we won the league and played in the Champions League as if they are the mugs you purport then they have been extremely lucky and also to be worth millions of pounds must also have been fortunate - ridiculous!!

We all want stability and a club ethos which runs through all the ages but they have got it wrong trusting CP to do this and they will act - they did appoint someone who at least kept us up but fans, players, management alike are all bemused and dispirited with CP - he’ll be gone so get over it and look forward.

Great Post! 

....hope our owners go all out to get in Eddie Howe. 

11 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I would prefer others but hardly a disaster considering what he has done this season!

Pardew is a "God help us" kind of Manager! 

Exactly - one good season. If you think the football is turgid now wait til he gets in. Almost the same amount of goals scored as Stoke in 19th. That isn't sustainable. 

Pardew is obviously further down the rungs of managerial hell but Dyche is not going to push us forward - which I'm assuming is what we want to do if we are going to sack a manager.