Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You have said it before about pre season. I dont understand why. Puel would have the same pre season plus this season in which he's been able to assess and work with the squad

This ship is not damaged. What are you talking about? We are in the top half.

I'm not making accusations. Just stating that if the owners are sacking him based on the fans' opinions then, well thats great..they listen to the fans, but it does make such fans responsible. Not my accusation. Its what Sylo said he heard from inside the club.  I'm reacting to that, not suggesting things out of my own imagination

If we do get rid of Puel, i hope the next guy works out well.  But this sacking doesnt make sense to me. We'll see what happens though

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's just a fan based decision. Tactics performances come into it. Our owners are not billionaires from listening to others. But they do respect us.

• Like 2

The owners should be making decisions for footballing reasons. they shouldn’t be sacking the manager because a sizeable proportion of fans want him out. you have to make tough decisions in life and just listening to those who shout loudest is not the way forward. Owning a football club is not a popularity contest.  If the manager has been challenged and is unable to justify what’s happening on the pitch and offer a constructive route forward in detail then make a decision on that basis.  But please let’s not get rid of someone with a proper plan without good reasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The owners should be making decisions for footballing reasons. they shouldn’t be sacking the manager because a sizeable proportion of fans want him out. you have to make tough decisions in life and just listening to those who shout loudest is not the way forward. Owning a football club is not a popularity contest.  If the manager has been challenged and is unable to justify what’s happening on the pitch and offer a constructive route forward in detail then make a decision on that basis.  But please let’s not get rid of someone with a proper plan without good reasons. 

Four wins out of 17.

No home win since late January.

Lacklustre, sloppy performances for a half each per game.

Confusion among his own players.

Talking about a "vision" in a self-promotional piece when the season and his fate at the club haven't been decided yet.

Not good enough?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he does go I wouldn't mind Marco Silva. Watford looked terrific before the whole business with Everton, although he doesn't come out of that situation looking particularly well. Done really well in all his other jobs, including Hull which was essentially an impossible task. Didn't realise it was a defeat against us that lost him his job this season - we do seem to have a knack for getting managers sacked.

Benitez would be nice but not terribly likely I wouldn't have thought. Dickhead owner aside, he seems pretty happy at Newcastle and I suspect he'll have fancier suitors than us if he does decide he's had enough of Ashley

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As I've added it's not just fans. But it has been said it's part of the reason. It does seem the players come out squeaky clean. So all this shite people claim about him and the squad seems bollox.

35 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I’m on the fence at the moment one hand thinking the guy needs to get his own squad together give him his own players inbover the closed season get them settled in and playing to how he wants then give him til January if we’re the wrong end of the table then maybe time for a change ?

The other hand is he’s not really setting the world on fire there’s reports or Chinese whispers alledging it’s not all well in the dressing room and the players are revolting, his formations and team choices are raising eyebrows in certain areas he’s not exactly getting usbplaying to our potential were dropping stupid points ones we should be walking away with maximum points but we’re gifting points to the opposition ?

So what is the right choice the correct course of Action I’m glad I do t have to make the decision along the line of the Kinks “ SHOULD HE STAY OR SHOULD HE GO NOW ??”

The Clash. 

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Four wins out of 17.

No home win since late January.

Lacklustre, sloppy performances for a half each per game.

Confusion among his own players.

Talking about a "vision" in a self-promotional piece when the season and his fate at the club haven't been decided yet.

Not good enough?

Like i posted - he has to justify all of that. If there are mitigating circumstances he can point to which we are unaware of then tell those who will make the call. If there is a bigger picture then he can clarify it.  If he can’t then fine - he goes 

Edited by st albans fox

Dyche would be madness. We've made a choice as a club to move away from a ultra-counter attacking style and to improve our possession game. The next appointment has to be along those lines.

Dyche would be a backwards step from that point of view. He wasn't right for us in September and he still isn't.

28 minutes ago, sylofox said:

As I've added it's not just fans. But it has been said it's part of the reason. It does seem the players come out squeaky clean. So all this shite people claim about him and the squad seems bollox.

I think the owners look at players and know they are underperforming so feel we should be doing better.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

If we sack Puel we’ve completely lost the plot and become Watford.

No we have not - absolute rubbish!

He has disregarded some of our strengths which could be adapted to suit a possession game - he has consistently messed about with selection and picked players despite poor performances.

Lost a number of the dressing room with inconsistent selection, poor tactics and dreadful communication.

No way should he be allowed to invest £130m+ in the Summer.

Our owners will get it right and to compare us to Watford is ridiculous - they got it wrong with Shakey and Puel has under performed with the talent available.

Just now, Old Fox said:

No we have not - absolute rubbish!

He has disregarded some of our strengths which could be adapted to suit a possession game - he has consistently messed about with selection and picked players despite poor performances.

Lost a number of the dressing room with inconsistent selection, poor tactics and dreadful communication.

No way should he be allowed to invest £130m+ in the Summer.

Our owners will get it right and to compare us to Watford is ridiculous - they got it wrong with Shakey and Puel has under performed with the talent available.

I said “become” - not “have become” or “became” 

I think you misread my post.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I said “become” - not “have become” or “became” 

I think you misread my post.

Still complete tosh - the facts are there for All to see.....he is not the solution and fortunately the owners know it.

Fans better ready for an interesting few weeks with changes afoot and a number of player exits already lined up we need a strong experienced leader who recognises the strengths and improves them not disregarding them and providing poor direction.

13 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

And yet they would appear to have got it so wrong with the last two appointments, if much of our fanbase are to be believed.

Amazing how they and Rudkin get a free pass and total, unwavering faith is put in them every time we go through this shit.

• Like 4

Just now, Voll Blau said:

And yet they would appear to have got it so wrong with the last two appointments, if much of our fanbase are to be believed.

Amazing how they and Rudkin get a free pass and total, unwavering faith is put in them every time we go through this shit.

This shit - promotion, survival, champions, qtr final of CL and a disappointing Top 10 finish........many clubs change managers and few backed like our owners do. In our history this is one of the most exciting periods with the owners intent on making us a Top 6 club who will not sit back and risk us slipping back on their plan!!

some of our fans don’t realise how fortunate we are and yes they have got it wrong but boy they have got more right and continue to push our club forward every day!

• Like 1