Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Whatever the decision, the club needs to make it this week. 

We have some seriously good players. We need at least four more this year (two of them, at the very least in defence). We cannot come back to pre season without a manager or manager recently hired and cock up the transfer window. Top six is realistic aim next year with the right acquisitions. 

These last two games paper over the cracks that we cannot play against teams who respect us. If someone comes at us, we do well. It's find the antidote to the "park the bus teams" which pushes us from 9th to 6th. Oh, and the ability to see out leads.

Forget about 6th. Seriously.

9 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

He could have played Benny there instead of Choudhary. 

True but in a game like that Benny would have been sent off without a doubt  - and that's before you even consider the diving antics of Danny Rose and Alli.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

If the only alternative is Wagner I'd keep him ,however if Rafa or someone of that ilk was the alternative I would repkace him toute suite 

Was going to say the same thing. Very 50/50 at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Hang on, you were complaining about him playing Simpson at right back after the first goal. Now you’re complaining about hamza there. Whatever he does he can’t please you can he?

Simpson was still hampered by an injury - did you see him against Arsenal? Way off his marker, and today was the continuation of it.

If you're going to replace him, Choudhury's not the man there.

That has nothing to do with "not being able to please me", you play a defender in a defensive position. Benalouane was at hand, and so was Hughes.

Not the first time Puel has made some pretty irritating decisions regarding substitutions or playing players out of position (remember Maguire as a central midfielder? Albrighton as right-back?).

3 minutes ago, CslFox said:

Get rid. Clear the lot out - Puel, Rudkin, half the recruitment department and 3/4 of the players. Overhaul the whole thing. Relegation beckons otherwise.

We finished 9th...

Wouldnt mind him staying if the players back him. The last couple of games have been interesting, like a change in heart, either because he's already getting sacked or the players don't want him sacked??

Either way, reckon he would be good in the long run but if a better manager is available then I wouldn't be too upset.

Problem is, our board are full of blokes that have never kicked a ball so I dont trust them to get someone in that will last a season.

If Puel goes I want Stowell off too. With Rudkin.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Simpson was still hampered by an injury - did you see him against Arsenal? Way off his marker, and today was the continuation of it.

If you're going to replace him, Choudhury's not the man there.

That has nothing to do with "not being able to please me", you play a defender in a defensive position. Benalouane was at hand, and so was Hughes.

Not the first time Puel has made some pretty irritating decisions regarding substitutions or playing players out of position (remember Maguire as a central midfielder? Albrighton as right-back?).

I agree with you about Simpson v Arsenal. I was at the game. However I’m not sure he had many options. Benny was nothing special at RB v West Ham and Hughes is not a right back. Hamza has played there before. Plus if we’re going to give game time experience to a player in a dead rubber I’d rather it was Hamza than Benny. 

You used to be one of my favourite posters. Always well thought out backing up opinions with evidence. 

In recent times you just seem to attack Puel for virtually everything he does. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

If the only alternative is Wagner I'd keep him ,however if Rafa or someone of that ilk was the alternative I would repkace him toute suite 

The vast majority of managers in World football apart from the absolute big hitters like your Klopps, Mourinho, Pep etc are all available if you are prepared to splash the cash.  Its the ambition of the owners who determine who we can and cannot get manager wise.

• Like 1

Those previous six games full of awfulness made me finally snap and think he should go, but the last two games have looked better. As I said in the post-match thread I think the problem is fixing how we supply Vardy and other attackers when facing those outside the top six.

When you sit back, we finished 9th. Disappointing considering we had chances to get 7th, but Europa league after a World Cup when we need a rebuild and refresh might not have been a good idea. We also all thought we'd get relegated before Puel came in.

So, although we all know the negatives and concerns, I want to see what Puel can do with a second season - especially when you see how many youth players are starting to come from, who he is prepared to blood.

Puel In.

4 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I agree with you about Simpson v Arsenal. I was at the game. However I’m not sure he had many options. Benny was nothing special at RB v West Ham and Hughes is not a right back. Hamza has played there before. Plus if we’re going to give game time experience to a player in a dead rubber I’d rather it was Hamza than Benny. 

You used to be one of my favourite posters. Always well thought out backing up opinions with evidence. 

In recent times you just seem to attack Puel for virtually everything he does. 

You should read my posts more often and stop exaggerating - I have put blame on the players and management (recruitment) before, my assessment of this season isn't as one-sided as some may want to make it out.

A new man won't see most of his squad until late summer, it would delay recruitment as he can't assess them properly. That means we miss out on people we have lined up and end up barrel scraping come the transfer window deadline again. 

Or we'd probably end up trying to get players in without a manager (like we tried with Kante). Signing players that fit the old managers system, rather than the new mans as that's all we've scouted for the last year.

I'm inclined to give him a chance to get it right unless an exceptional candidate becomes available.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Cause Benny was ace at right back against West Ham.

We had no ****ing right back, so someone was going to be out of position. We could barely put a central midfield together, so someone was going to be out of position.

He didn't put together a lop sided squad, he didn't create an injury crisis.

Like I said before, when you have defenders at hand being able to play in a defensive position, you don't bring on a midfielder who hasn't played right-back in ages.

Just my opinion.

The decision to play Hamza there was somewhat criminal, Silva was chasing after the ball left, right and center for most part today and at no point able to influence our game going forward (Iheanacho had to fill in there). I think Choudhury would've given us more stability in central midfield instead.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A new man won't see most of his squad until late summer, it would delay recruitment as he can't assess them properly. That means we miss out on people we have lined up and end up barrel scraping come the transfer window deadline again. 

Or we'd probably end up trying to get players in without a manager (like we tried with Kante). Signing players that fit the old managers system, rather than the new mans as that's all we've scouted for the last year.

I'm inclined to give him a chance to get it right unless an exceptional candidate becomes available.

again. stop with the reasoned thinking and get that pitchfork sharpened.

For once I don’t feel strongly to either side of the arguement. Both sides have reasonable arguements to support their stance. I won’t be outraged if he gets the summer to build his own squad and see how we start next season. Likewise if the owners don’t feel he’s the right man I’d be happy to see us bring somebody new in. 

Basically I’m sitting firmly on the fence lol

• Haha 1

He came over to applaud the fans at the end 

is that usual from him ?

if we can get better then make a change but don’t get rid for the sake of it. He knows who needs to be changed and will work with the recruitment dept to get new players in - i trust him to get that right. I worry that’s new man coming in now will not realise just how passed it some of our defence really is and will concentrate too much on the mahrez replacement scheme !