Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

28 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Has he? Where?

If I remember correctly didn’t they issue all the reporters with letters saying Ranieri’s job was safe before a press conference a few weeks before getting sacked?

Edit - here it is.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

They also gave Claudio their full support before his grim run continued ...

I think doing this protects them  if we are mullered in the last three matches - no one can accuse them of leaving him exposed and unsupported.  

Oh agreed. I mean that the vote of confidence is usually followed by the inevitable sacking. The fact the board are discussing the managers position in itself shows hes in a precarious position.

Just now, Matt said:

If I remember correctly didn’t they issue all the reporters letters saying Ranieri’s job was safe before a press conference a few weeks before getting sacked?

Yes. "Unequivocal backing" I think it was. One league game later....sacked.

The cynic in me thinks that they are aware of their reputation and want to protect it. If we end the season well, then great, it might win a few fans back round and he'll stay. If the misery continues, the owners know the fans will become vocal and it will be taken out of their hands.

It'll be interesting to see what shit appointment they make once they get rid of Puel. 

This is all going to end badly for us. Said it before but relegation wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It'll be interesting to see what shit appointment they make once they get rid of Puel. 

This is all going to end badly for us. Said it before but relegation wouldn't surprise me.

One of the reasons id take Allardyce. Beggars cant be choosers

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donut said:

Oh agreed. I mean that the vote of confidence is usually followed by the inevitable sacking. The fact the board are discussing the managers position in itself shows hes in a precarious position.

You don't say, you talk as if it's surprising.

continue as manager till the end of season i hope

this guy has to go,he is mid table manager,thats all

i remember here people mocking who was not sure in Puel - "puel playing boring football haha you cnts" lmao

at the end everyone sees what this guy is about

Edited by tsintskaro

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm trying to find a list of Puel's signings for Southampton given that he had a summer pre-season with them.

It might give an indication of what we can expect.

Unless he gets sacked.....

I think Les Reed pulls the strings on transfers. 

6 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

I think Les Reed pulls the strings on transfers. 

Same as Rudkin and the team here.

Which is why I don't understand everyone saying "He needs a summer, a transfer window, bringing in his own players."

He won't and he'll be failed by them (And any manager while Rudkin and co run the show for that matter - but that isn't a defence or support in Puel's case)

Edited by Matt

Just now, Matt said:

Which is why I don't understand everyone saying "He needs a summer, a transfer window, bringing in his own players."

He won't and he'll be failed by them (And any manager while Rudkin and co run the show for the matter - but that isn't a defence or support in Puel's case)

He brought in Diabate in January through his own work by the sounds of it so who knows. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

He won't and he'll be failed by them (And any manager while Rudkin and co run the show for that matter - but that isn't a defence or support in Puel's case)

because whilst Rudkin is in charge of signing the players the type of player is lead by the manager

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

because whilst Rudkin is in charge of signing the players the type of player is lead by the manager

Great.

So we'll be looking for players that can only pass sideways and backwards

As long as Wes is given a 5 year contract extension, Puel can stay as long as he likes. Rudkin also needs to go all out and tie up Musa/James/Mendy/Slimani/Huth/Kingy/Simmo on long terms deals.  We cannot let quality slip through our fingers.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Great.

that's not how he had his french teams playing so not, I don't think we would

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Rudkin will fail Puel

Great.

Puel will fail Rudkin. A flip flop in a matter of minutes.

The real answer is if you can take away your cynicism and your inherent blame culture, is that no one on this forum knows exactly what involvement each member of the recruitment team has in signings.

Its not a case of Rudkin signing a load of players he likes and saying get on with it to the manager any more than it is the manager having free reign over everything scouting wise.

Its a collective effort to look at possible targets, whether financially its viable, whether all parties can come to an agreement on the details of the deal etc.

But that doesn't make your blood boil when its written like that, so it has no place on foxestalk where hyperbole rules all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

They'll change their minds when they see how season ticket and membership sales go I'm sure lol

That's why I'm hoping he stays on a big longer, give the wife and kids a chance to get season tickets. :thumbup:

Puel in

Puel in

Puel in

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

Why all this pussy footing around. BIN HIM

Because apparently people are worried about what fans of other clubs and the media will think of us. :rolleyes:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Because apparently people are worried about what fans of other clubs and the media will think of us. :rolleyes:

or maybe the owners brought him in to do a job which involves offloading a lot of the players that are unhappy and we are in no danger of relegation so they see no need to sack him

• Like 2