Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

So discreet it was in full view of anyone passing by? lol

its very quiet there once the lounges have pretty much emptied out 

they were being discreet - speaking in hushed tones. Not possible to hear what they were saying - I tried by going into the gents nearby and trying to listen with the door slightly ajar! 

Im going to say this, and this only.

Ive been preaching patience and support for Puel.

Without major changes to this squad, whether its Puel in charge, or a new manager, other than their early bounce, they will be utterly stuffed.

The club has no identity whatsoever. At least Puel came WITH an identity and tried to implement it, other than someone like Shakespeare who had absolutely nothing or Ranieri whos blueprint was boom and bust and was failing massively at the end of his tenure.

Maybe Puel isnt the man. But without a summer, we would never have known WHO he could bring in or what our style of play COULD have become under him.

But i cant say im too enthusiastic about going back to a style of play that suits questionnable and unprofessional characters who have done little to nothing for the last two managers and made sure Ranieri, the title winning manager, got binned too.

I think the writing is on the wall. I think the club is going down next season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Do you think you'd be able to magic him away? Make him disappear? 

I will give it a try...! A tablespoon of Arsenal mixed with a pinch of Spurs should do it.... Shazam !

• Haha 1

If those who are wanting him In are being honest with themselves (and I've been on the fence for a couple of weeks now), it's not that they want Puel in, it's just that they want 'A.Manager' in.

We're rightly tired of the chopping and changing but that's no reason to keep him when he's clearly lost the players and the style and results are dire.

I get that we need a transition in style (although I question why it needs more than a tweak when it took us to the title and the CL quarter finals) but you can still get results and not shatter the confidence of a squad whilst doing it.

Pearson changed the style and got rid of the characters he needed to but he still got results whilst doing it.

Puel Out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Without major changes to this squad, whether its Puel in charge, or a new manager, other than their early bounce, they will be utterly stuffed.

The club has no identity whatsoever. At least Puel came WITH an identity and tried to implement it, other than someone like Shakespeare who had absolutely nothing or Ranieri whos blueprint was boom and bust and was failing massively at the end of his tenure.

Maybe Puel isnt the man. But without a summer, we would never have known WHO he could bring in or what our style of play COULD have become under him.

But i cant say im too enthusiastic about going back to a style of play that suits questionnable and unprofessional characters who have done little to nothing for the last two managers and made sure Ranieri, the title winning manager, got binned too.

The problem seems to be that he can’t communicate effectively what he wants them to do. We have some technically capable players who just seem lost. I don’t see much evidence of him identifying  our opponents weaknesses and exploiting them. 

This club of ours won’t be going down next season if we appoint the right manager and recruit the right players, decent players that don’t cost £20M plus. It ain’t that difficult surely! 

I've nothing against him personally, don't care if he's boring or anything like that but the crowd have turned, the players aren't convinced and it feels like we're drifting along trying to find or prove something that won't happen. 

If he doesn't go in the summer, he'll be gone early next season. Once the crowd turn, there isn't any going back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Agree with all this.

It's a difficult one For the owners if they genuinely believe in him. 

If they give him the summer that HAVE to give him until January. 

If they aren't going to give him til January he needs to go before the last game so the new boss can be arranged before the end of the season to meet the players etc before their holidays. 

3 hours ago, Donut said:

I agree with all of this but I don't think we will go down (although that's based on gut instinct rather than evidence)

I do believe we could play decent football with the right players but we don't. We have a mixture of egotistical arseholes, past it seniors surviving off past glory, players who havent acclimatised to the leahue and championship players. 

It was hardly a recipe for success. 

It's become completely apparent that this team has only 1 way to play. Over the top to vardy or nothing. 

The few players we have in the squad that can actually pass a ball, are mentally 10 moves ahead of the others meaning they move the ball around and it comes straight back to them, the amount of times I've seen Silva, Maguire and iborra passing the ball only for it to come back to them leaving them with no space or time but to pass it backwards to try and get out of danger is embarrassing. 

I don't think that's particularly the fault of Puel, the players just aren't in sync and play different styles. 

Look at Morgan for example right infront of him is usually iborra or Silva. 

Iborra then turns and what's infront of him? Vardy peeling off and a deep back 4. Its pointless aimlessly thumping it over the top so he has to go sideways.

Obviously this is just a rough example and those players have been pretty average on the whole but it's their first season in the prem and have a team around them with zero understanding. 

Its often like watching cambiasso all over again, took ages for them to click because he was always 20 steps ahead mentally. I honestly believe it's one of our biggest issues at present, not so much the system but the players inability to play anything other than hoofball. 

Sure we've played some lovely stuff at times especially under ranieri but in general we have a lot of bang average players. We need to offload ATLEAST 10 in summer. Do I trust puel with it though? Not sure. But we have been linked with some decent enough players in the areas we need. Fullbacks, Centre backs and creative number 10s.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Who wants to come to Claude Puel's Leicester? Who wants to stay at Claude Puel's Leicester?

This is the biggest issue. 

Ive been saying this for few weeks now; our best players we have will leave, I have no doubt.

We are then immediately ****ed.

Nobody liked Claude at Southampton, nobody likes him here, that is an indictment of him as an individual that cannot possibly inspire a team.

Massive mistake to employ him and I have no idea what possessed them to make the statement of support the other day.

Sack him immediately to give ourselves as long as possible to get the correct replacement in situ.

Totally convinced the owners don’t have a clue about football, with Rudkin making decisions still. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 3