Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

I don't think they will sack him even if we lost the next 2 games 6-0. I reckon they will give him the summer transfer window and see how next season starts but that will not be a good idea. In previous seasons even when we have lost they have put some effort in. Just seems they are not arsed at the min so he needs to go.

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I don't think they will sack him even if we lost the next 2 games 6-0. I reckon they will give him the summer transfer window and see how next season starts but that will not be a good idea. In previous seasons even when we have lost they have put some effort in. Just seems they are not arsed at the min so he needs to go.

Could well be the case.

But surely if we lost the next two games 0v3, the owners can't make the same mistake as they did with Shakespeare last season when it was clear he wasn't the man. If they repeat it, it will be ANOTHER wasted season.

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

They fell sleep at the game ? :P 

They need to wake up NOW! I suspect there is a major crisis within the club something the supporters are not aware of. Either , Puel v Players  or Players v Players or  Management v Training v Selection. 

This is basically the core of the team that won the title what on earth has gone wrong, its now beyond embrassing !.

Injuries haven't helped at all, I'm now puel out after the Last few weeks, having been all for the idea of giving him time, it's just not working is it, however the players have to take a massive part of the blame, very clear to see they are on the beach, and it seems they are all waiting for him to get the sack, we are in desperate need of an overhaul, unfortunately we have had games against teams that were fighting for something, whereas we seem to have settled for midtable, which isn't a disaster season at all, but the manner of which we are doing so is why everyones so frustrated 

12 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Could well be the case.

But surely if we lost the next two games 0v3, the owners can't make the same mistake as they did with Shakespeare last season when it was clear he wasn't the man. If they repeat it, it will be ANOTHER wasted season.

I think they no this season is a write off now, though it could have been som much better. If they do believe he is the best option long term we may be starting the new season with him. We will need a lot of players in and out and that won't be helped with it being a World Cup year. I think once the manager has lost the fans and the players the chairman needs to step in regardless of if he thinks it's the right appointment because it just won't work 

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Can’t understand a word of what he’s talking about on the radio. How are  the players supposed to do what he tells them to

He may have been a great manager in France, but his communication skills are severely lacking.

Having to rely on an interpreter in interviews, FFS!

And when he replies, it's some random thought, trying to put the interviewer to sleep.

Arsène Wenger made the effort to learn the language when he joined Arsenal in 1996, compare him to Puel. It's like night and day.

And that will be his biggest downfall.

You can't try and impose your "vision" onto a team or a club if you cannot express yourself clearly.

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I think they no this season is a write off now, though it could have been som much better. If they do believe he is the best option long term we may be starting the new season with him. We will need a lot of players in and out and that won't be helped with it being a World Cup year. I think once the manager has lost the fans and the players the chairman needs to step in regardless of if he thinks it's the right appointment because it just won't work 

You're right this season is dead. But we aren't even competing. I agree the players need culling and I don't think Puel is the man to be a culler. His subsitituions are baffling. His handling of Dragovic is a disgrace. 

Serious question: would you trust Puel with £100m in the summer? (lets say the owners kept to their word of "full confidence" in Puel). I just wouldn't trust him to bring in good players. I can see them being utter dross and when he gets the sack in September, then what? We are in a relegation battle next year if we keep Puel.

Just now, maynefox said:

You're right this season is dead. But we aren't even competing. I agree the players need culling and I don't think Puel is the man to be a culler. His subsitituions are baffling. His handling of Dragovic is a disgrace. 

Serious question: would you trust Puel with £100m in the summer? (lets say the owners kept to their word of "full confidence" in Puel). I just wouldn't trust him to bring in good players. I can see them being utter dross and when he gets the sack in September, then what? We are in a relegation battle next year if we keep Puel.

Personally I wouldn't give him the money to spend and they should have got rid last week, needs to happen now so the new manger can use the money and get it right. Someone that will be tough on them when things are not going well and make them work hard and make it look like they want to win again. No idea what problem he has with drago but he has been decent when he has played and hasn't he said he won't stay if we don't change the manager? The football doesn't always have to be amazing but they at least need to look like they want to win and that's not even happening at the min 

• Like 1

So he had a week to learn from last weekend's disaster. Judging by what we saw today, he learnt absolutely nothing. Thought we might be playing 4-3-3 when I saw the lineup, but it was the same old shitty 4-2-3-1. He clearly didn't learn the last time Silva didn't play well at number 10, so he once again got to show he wasn't a number 10, whilst Iborra and Hamza were overrun behind him, where they could have desperately used some backup from a third CM. Meanwhile, Vardy was completely isolated up front, wingers were again ineffective, when pushing them higher up the pitch and being more fluid in a 4-3-3 could have allowed a chance of a counter attack if Vardy had anyone remotely close to him.

We've spent the whole of Puel's reign trying to play a formation completely dependent on a very specific kind of creative number 10 who can also hold the ball up and link play, and having attacking full backs, then looked on in amazement as we confirm week after week that we don't have those players. Moreover, when it all goes tits up, the manager just subs the players for different ones who also haven't done well in those roles, whilst not even once considering changing the formation.

He's Peter Taylor mark 2 now, and if he isn't sacked as soon as possible we will go down next season, guaranteed.

• Thanks 1

Wandering down the corridor near the director’s lounge at half five ish and a there was a small huddle of three gentlemen that looked like they know what’s what having a very discreet conflab. Probably meant nothing but it looked potentially  interesting ....... 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wandering down the corridor near the director’s lounge at half five ish and a there was a small huddle of three gentlemen that looked like they know what’s what having a very discreet conflab. Probably meant nothing but it looked potentially  interesting ....... 

So discreet it was in full view of anyone passing by? lol

• Haha 2