Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Eduardo Macia to West Ham?

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And he's signed who for us exactly to care? Maguire and N'didi had both been scouted long before this fella turned up, Diabate was a Puel pick... so.... bothered. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4260380/Leicester-head-recruitment-Macia-faces-uncertain-future.html

Just now, Babylon said:

?

Macia, who previously worked for Liverpool under Rafael Benitez as well as Valencia, helped agree the £15m purchase of 20-year-old Wilfred Ndidi, who has looked promising in midfield.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4260380/Leicester-head-recruitment-Macia-faces-uncertain-future.html#ixzz5AktarGTT 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Macia, who previously worked for Liverpool under Rafael Benitez as well as Valencia, helped agree the £15m purchase of 20-year-old Wilfred Ndidi, who has looked promising in midfield.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4260380/Leicester-head-recruitment-Macia-faces-uncertain-future.html#ixzz5AktarGTT 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He signed when he was here, doesn't mean he scouted him or instigated the transfer. He was scouted under Walsh, as per the quotes from Shakey back at the time stating that we'd been scouting him for ages and that the fact we'd been in contact with his family etc for so long but us at the front of the queue to sign him 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Give it six to twelve months; Macia leaves and Walsh rejoins here. 

We're not Northern enough for him are we. Not sure I rate him in the DoF role either. Head scout, yes please.

It says ‘director of football’.  That’s a bigger higher paid, higher profile job than head of recruitment at a provincial club like us. no way will he stay here if he gets that offer unless the owners stump up a much bigger wedge for him and I doubt very much that they would. 

No real evidence that this will be a problem and would be par for the course if someone else within the club has pinned the blame for our poor recruitment from outside the uk onto him. 

I’ve blamed Rudkin for alot, obviously it’s not just him. Our whole recruitment team need looking at, what has he (Macia) actually done to note?

Either way I genuinely don’t know but what I do know is generally over the last few windows is we’ve failed massively and major questions need asking of the recruitment team as a whole.

Changes within that are welcomed - however it goes without saying the changes/replacements have got to be the right ones/for the better.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

He signed when he was here, doesn't mean he scouted him or instigated the transfer. He was scouted under Walsh, as per the quotes from Shakey back at the time stating that we'd been scouting him for ages and that the fact we'd been in contact with his family etc for so long but us at the front of the queue to sign him 

Source?

All I can find is Shakespeare saying that we “did our homework” and that we were one of the first clubs to show an interest.

You can interpret that as meaning he was scouted some seven months prior when Walsh was still here if you want but that would just be your interpretation and not necessarily the truth.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

We were crying when Walsh left, he signed those god awful players after we won the league and things haven't been much better since he's gone to Everton.

He Director of Football at Everton to be fair.

We should defo go in for him if Macia goes.

I don't think it's a massive loss. However, I don't think it will be problem that we will not continually face in years to come. The role advertised is "Head of Recruitment" ultimately reporting into the Director with responsibility of the department. If you're Walsh or Marcia, with years of experience, being told what to do by Rudkin (with his experience) maybe a bit undermining. 

Just make sure a replacement is found, without delay so there is no repeat of the 16/17 summer.

• Like 1