Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Eduardo Macia to West Ham?

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Maybe Iborra? But he's been a bit hot and cold.

Q: Who convinced you to go to England?

Iborra: “Edu Macia (City’s head of recruitment) came to find me along with his assistants and made me feel important to the project from the first moment. He was previously at Valencia, Betis, Fiorentina and also at (Rafa) Benitez’s Liverpool, so he is someone important and knowledgeable in English football.”

• Like 4

seems like swings and roundabouts.. everyone knows who everybody is after these days thanks to social networks and agents so ultimately its the draw of the club that matters and not the head of recruitment.

thats not to mean its not important but its not the be all and end all.

Edited by les-tah

35 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We don't want to lose this guy his influence so far has transformed our club

What makes you say that?

Credit to him for bringing in Iborra though, who has definitely helped evolve our style of play.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Q: Who convinced you to go to England?

Iborra: “Edu Macia (City’s head of recruitment) came to find me along with his assistants and made me feel important to the project from the first moment. He was previously at Valencia, Betis, Fiorentina and also at (Rafa) Benitez’s Liverpool, so he is someone important and knowledgeable in English football.”

i just imagined them in Europe's biggest game of hide and seek and because Macia found him first, we won the race to sign him lol 

18 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

West Ham are a complete sham at the moment. Looking at their fixtures they could quite easily go down.

That could be good for football though, especially with their controversial stadium implements at the expense of the taxpayers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

That could be good for football though, especially with their controversial stadium implements at the expense of the taxpayers.

Yes .. The taxpayers are picking up the tab for extra security & policing for the rest of the season. The West Ham fans are a bunch of yobs  but the tax payer has to pay for stadium security. What a terrible deal this was !!

6 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Source?

All I can find is Shakespeare saying that we “did our homework” and that we were one of the first clubs to show an interest.

You can interpret that as meaning he was scouted some seven months prior when Walsh was still here if you want but that would just be your interpretation and not necessarily the truth.

I'm not posting it again, I've posted the same articles god knows how many times.

But I'll leave you this from John Percy...

"After first scouting him nearly 18 months ago, Leicester began negotiations in the summer and Shakespeare admits that persistence proved vital in the pursuit."

Edited by Babylon

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

if they get relegated they make even less of a contribution as their rent goes down so will cost the taxpayers even more 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

if they get relegated they make even less of a contribution as their rent goes down so will cost the taxpayers even more 

State Funded United. Real level playing field that is. Should make a mockery of FFP in the championship.

Sheff utd fans will be well happy if wham piped them to promotion next season lollollol 

10 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Is he even any good? 

Majority of his signings for us have been extremely expensive flops. 

He had major influence on the signings of Iborra, Silva, Slimani & N’didi.

Benny, Kaputska, Mendy, Diabate, Maguire we’re manager signings. The rest were Walsh’s.

He’s opened our transfer network in Europe to a level up on the one we were previously operating in under Walsh. He’s done a decent job but is replaceable if he leaves 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Albert said:

He had major influence on the signings of Iborra, Silva, Slimani & N’didi.

Benny, Kaputska, Mendy, Diabate, Maguire we’re manager signings. The rest were Walsh’s.

He’s opened our transfer network in Europe to a level up on the one we were previously operating in under Walsh. He’s done a decent job but is replaceable if he leaves 

How long have you been involved in LCFC’s transfers? Would just like to know what Walshy was like to work with on a regular basis and also give us a heads up on who is on Macia’s radar in the summer? You seem to be an important cog in our transfers! I applaud you! 

I was very impressed with our business last summer, Silva debacle aside.

I'd like to think the owners would set their sights on an upgrade if we were to lose him though. The scouting network should be a key area in our plans for progression & growth.

• 3 weeks later...

When I saw the thread title I was expecting a story from the Leicester Mercury, a tweet from Geoff Peters or something from John Percy, something credible at least.

Instead it's something from the gossip section of the daily mirror website. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1