Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Eduardo Macia to West Ham?

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I hate that we don't know when we started scouting Ndidi and Maguire and how much their signings were Macia's doing. Ndidi and Maguire are the two best signings we've had since Vardy, Mahrez and Kante.

We do if you believe CS and John Percy. Percy said we'd been scouting N'didi for 18 months before he signed.

And we know that Maguire has been on our radar since his days in league one as we've been linked with him a number of times.

• Like 1

David Moyes gains control of transfer deals at West Ham

West Ham United have abandoned plans to appoint a director of football with the club willing to back David Moyes’ judgment in the transfer market as they prepare to appoint him as manager on a permanent contract.

The Scot has yet to be formally offered the job, but talks over a contract extension are planned once West Ham’s place in the Premier League is mathematically secure, and both parties anticipate that the negotiations will end with Moyes extending his stay at the London Stadium.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/david-moyes-gains-control-of-transfer-deals-at-west-ham-dl6wn260z

Edited by Beechey

• 1 month later...

Just read Leicester Mercury online and they have said that apparently West Ham are after our head of scouting cos they got rid of theirs. And that Eduardo would fit would join their new manager Manual Pellegrini. 

What our we going to do now, we have to bring back Walsh now.

Also how good do you rate Eduardo? Will we miss him as our head of recruitment?

40 minutes ago, KJT said:

Just read Leicester Mercury online and they have said that apparently West Ham are after our head of scouting cos they got rid of theirs. And that Eduardo would fit would join their new manager Manual Pellegrini. 

Sorry - it's not big or clever but "Manual" made me giggle 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KJT said:

I'd keep Macia and let West Ham have Walsh. I was upset when Walsh left, but now worry that after the Everton disaster he'll feel he has a point to prove and go after more big money signings which he seems poorer at identifying. And we've done pretty darned well with recruitment under Macia, who only joined after that disastrous summer 2016 window. Don't change what ain't broken.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, brucey said:

I'd keep Macia and let West Ham have Walsh. I was upset when Walsh left, but now worry that after the Everton disaster he'll feel he has a point to prove and go after more big money signings which he seems poorer at identifying. And we've done pretty darned well with recruitment under Macia, who only joined after that disastrous summer 2016 window. Don't change what ain't broken.

Can we let them have puel.... we can waive the txfer fee

• Thanks 1

Our last two signings (Diabate and Pereira) have been influenced mainly by Puel... I think we might have found the right balance again... Puel’s eye for a player and our scouting network working together could blossom into something positive. We should keep Macia imo.

Our signings since he arrived have been pretty amazing really. Actual starters who improve the first team.

You can't ask for much more than that considering previous signings having haven't been good enough at all as most aren't even at the club.

It could be a case of Rudkin syndrome where anything good is still attributed to Walsh and no credit can go to Marcia.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
Predictive text
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Over this window and the last 3, our signings have included:

Pereira

Diabate

Silva

Iheanacho

Iborra

Maguire

Ndidi

That's half the current first team squad- no more half-arsed signings that we've had to sell or ship out on loan. We've brought in some promising youth players too. 

Difficult to argue with the job the recruitment team have done since summer 2016, so I'd say we should be doing our best to keep it together.

Surely we can fend off interest from West Ham- it's a sideways step at best at this moment in time, and he'd have to work for the dildo brothers & smacked arse face Brady over some of the best owners in the country. I'm guessing we'll have similar transfer kitties (although the sale of Mahrez could give us the edge). I suppose it's the lure of the London lifestyle that could temp him.

Top two appear to be Puel recommendations.

Bottom two were being looked at during Walsh's time here.

Jury is still out on Silva and Iheanacho for me. Both cost a lot of money and neither has been able to string together a good period of form.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Top two appear to be Puel recommendations.

Bottom two were being looked at during Walsh's time here.

Jury is still out on Silva and Iheanacho for me. Both cost a lot of money and neither has been able to string together a good period of form.

Aye. Our best two, Ndidi and Maguire, were tracked before Macia came on board. And Pereira and Diabate are almost certainly because of Puel. You can only really say Ian, Iborra and Silva are his signings. They're good signings of course.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Aye. Our best two, Ndidi and Maguire, were tracked before Macia came on board. And Pereira and Diabate are almost certainly because of Puel. You can only really say Ian, Iborra and Silva are his signings. They're good signings of course.

Not saying you're wrong but that's very much debateable.

Those three cost about £60m and none of them are guaranteed a first team spot. If we tried to sell this summer we probably wouldn't get our money back so those three are probably average buys at best for the money paid. None of those players have performed above expectation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Can we let them have puel.... we can waive the txfer fee

FFS give it a rest. He's just bought in one of the top ten right backs in the world. Let him get HIS squad together give him ten games next season. Then moan all you fecking like.

17 hours ago, surrifox said:

Sorry - it's not big or clever but "Manual" made me giggle 

Yeah I enjoy it more when the mrs does it. :)