Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

S'funny, I was just thinking about this the other day.  We are traditionally a yo yo club and now we are an established Premier League mid table team.  We used to dream of this, we've got the best squad we've had in living memory but are we any happier?  I would say not.

Are Chelsea fans happier than Rotheram fans?  Probably not.

Leaving aside the aesthetics of the football, I reckon we were happier as a promotion chasing team with dreams or a relegation threatened team trying to defy the odds.  When you reach your ceiling, where's left to go?

It seems counter-intuitive to be more miserable with greater success so I try to keep reminding myself who we are and what we have achieved.

well yeah, that’s why the title win and champions league run has pretty much ruined football for me. 

but even aside from that, if we’d have finished 17th for the 4 seasons we’d been in the prem since promotion this season would’ve been depressing. even the players don’t look like they are bothered. the manager definitely isn’t bothered. and most the fans aren’t bothered either. 

if this is “established premier league” football id much rather have a 30 point deduction and try and get out of it from there. 

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

fu cking hell bro try all you like to make it sound exciting but it’s fu cking rubbish. all of those teams are absolute garbage and it’s so depressing that we can’t put two or three positive results together and establish ourselves as better than all these jarg clubs. 

I am easily entertained...!! :yahoo:

after skirting mountains,chopping through jungles,taking desert heat,hurricanes with monsoons, rolling a 5 ton truck,not forgetting,

Spending great times with Dacoits,smugglers,and bandits in the high karakourum,then returning to Europe fighting French and German Bureaucracy

I reckon.......all those teams are great PL sides...:scarf:

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I am easily entertained...!! :yahoo:

after skirting mountains,chopping through jungles,taking desert heat,hurricanes with monsoons, rolling a 5 ton truck,not forgetting,

Spending great times with Dacoits,smugglers,and bandits in the high karakourum,then returning to Europe fighting French and German Bureaucracy

I reckon.......all those teams are great PL sides...:scarf:

There are so many posters who talk shit about the big 6 and then claim that every other team is shit.

Those posters ought to go and watch CL football and leave PL alone.

How can any LCFC supporter not be happy with where we are at the moment?

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

There are so many posters who talk shit about the big 6 and then claim that every other team is shit.

Christ and you think its me that's the broken record.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FIF said:

In most of our memories as LCFC fans we are on something of a high however 6th is there for the taking this season and I think us and Everton fans in particular will see this as a missed opportunity this season if neither of us challenge for it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nalis said:

In most of our memories as LCFC fans we are on something of a high however 6th is there for the taking this season and I think us and Everton fans in particular will see this as a missed opportunity this season if neither of us challenge for it.

You can add Bournemouth and Watford into the mix aswell. They’ve not lost their best player either so have some continuity. 

It's quite similar to when pundits come out with their "they're at their natural level" shite, historically we're performing better than our average position but it doesn't mean we should resign ourselves to being content with abject performances. We are an average premier league team but considering our expenditure  it naturally feels like we're underachieving, Everton and West Ham have spent big too, admittedly, but they've both had new managers and gone through a high turnover of players yet it feels they're on an upwards curve whilst our progress is glacial. Puel's had 54 games in charge and it doesn't feel as if we're benefiting from stability but we most probably are, it's just difficult to tell. On one hand I feel as if we're completely anaemic, lifeless and risk averse; things will continue as they are but on the other I feel like we're missing chances at rate which will eventually level out to normal. I don't like Puel (I don't dislike him either) but it's hard to make a case for sacking him when both the alternatives aren't there and we're awful at recruiting managers anyway. 

Rightly or wrongly, if he was a bit livelier in press conferences and interviews he'd have more fans on board, it's not something I'm bothered by but it definitely helps a manager's case.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FIF said:

i personally couldn’t give a shit if we were in league two or the top 4. if we could obviously be doing better than we were i’d be annoyed. 

because we’re in the top ten, but playing awfully regularly and not taking any advantage of the positions we could be in, we should still be happy? just because we were rubbish 30 years ago? 

sweet. end the club. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Christ and you think its me that's the broken record.

With @FIF  It's not broken, it might be slightly scratched,and gets stuck....but heyho, it usually gets stuck in those bits one likes to hear repeated  alot..

One could say he's in the groove..

And Christ is with us good-guys,this time of year.....:beer:...:trumpet::trumpet:

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Obviously Pep can field a team of all reserves and they’d still be damn good, but every little bit helps. I think Claude will be prioritizing the Cup match more than Pep will, so hopefully we can steal that one.

If we get hammered,or lose it unluckily,..sort of a Status quo expectancy...

But if ,and I mean only if!!!!  We could win this,brilliantly,by luck or by crook,with help from VAR,Mahrez own goal, 3 30yrd scorchers,from

Soyu, Morgan,Periera,or  a calamity effort from Mr Kamakazi...It would simply make our season..and Puel is a legend for 14seconds

or until @Swan Lesta grants him an honourable few words..:celebrate:

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

Sorry..  But not with the reality of this squad we have at the moment..We are holding our own,that's it!! No presence of a missed opportunity.

In my memory 60yrs+. I may of hoped and dreamed of cracking the higher echolons,but expecting,or putting a season into a missed-opportunity context

Way,way off!!!  My last thoughts of missed opportunities...maybe the "ice-kings year,a couple play-off nearlys,Watford mishap.

Not even last season,definitely not this season....A nice fan-ambition,but like the efl-cup,can't be used has a rod to make  for some ones back,or

to create a platform for pre -planned negative posts!!!

9 hours ago, FIF said:

At least your not "lost in France" and know which side your toast/baguette is buttered...

It is disheartening ,how our performances are not presently up to showing any type of consistency,we all I presume,hoped with new-blood,

a good youth policy,we would begin this season,by hitting the ground running,at least on a performance presentation level.

I never expected a top 6 fight,only hoped over towards the EOS,we could put in a n ambitious  challenge.

but we now have seen these 15 games,the squad is lacking form from the established players,and from the new and youth

genuine quality on some simple basics,allowing them to show a consistent form to enable the team that goes over the white wash,to give out above average performances...

We aren't there yet,and it takes IMO more of understanding the situation,instead of only repeating banging on the big based drum,

that all and the manager are not up to the task.

Presently under Puel,cup runs...holding ourselves for long periods in the top-half of th e PL,where we were desperate to be a part of!!

it's not rosey,but well off tragic,I actually believe,we have slowly improved from turgid performanes,even where it's not been pretty..

We really do have to understand,that Puel or any other manager,like it or not would themselves get frustrated,on seeing that the trust and

expected potential,from individuals,and units within the team have simply not materialised. do

Puel won't throw individuals or team to the Wolves,

He realises, and so should we that this task of rebuild is going to harder than wished for,and needs more input from the individuals,when given their reigns to show that believed potential.....

Out of all this,there has been successes,and by all that is holy,we are thankfully doing more than allright,

it's the over ambitious expectation,and downright arrogant entitlement thoughts of some,that give firstly themselves ulcers,and a miserable outlook on team and club's ' need to be' opinions.

Even arrogantly posting that they can pick the better subs,so Puel (any manager) has to go!!!

We do need,even with the present resources to show more commitment and on the ball discipline,the intensity does need and can go up a few notches,some of that but only a small % has to come from the manager and his coaching team the most though is the teams and individuals duties..responsibilities.

Bemoaning or wider expectancy of where we are,is beyond the understanding of why...for me.

A manager will happily take the plaudits,and needs to bare criticism,but while the potential might be there,

it's up to the squad,to prove it,  so it will be them with their game time chances,that will show where they deserve and end up to be...

thankfully we are doing it all in the PL,and for that I am more than happy and gratefull..

l

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2