Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Anyone think spurs could win the league. If United win tomorrow and they win today they are 2 points off the top.

The closer they get the bigger the fall

as it is, very few of them are prepared to take the plunge and consider they have a chance ......... too many disappointments over the past few seasons (though they have never really been in a race).  if they get within a couple points with both pool and Man City still to play then hopefully many will become interested again - and then they bottle it ! 

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

Anyone think spurs could win the league. If United win tomorrow and they win today they are 2 points off the top.

No but if chelsea and man city get transfer bans next season our worst fears could come true.

Who we kidding wont happen lol.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The closer they get the bigger the fall

as it is, very few of them are prepared to take the plunge and consider they have a chance ......... too many disappointments over the past few seasons (though they have never really been in a race).  if they get within a couple points with both pool and Man City still to play then hopefully many will become interested again - and then they bottle it ! 

Finishing level on points with man city but losing on goal difference would be hilarious. The saltyness. The we are the true champions comments lol

Guest Markyblue
28 minutes ago, shailen said:

No. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I sort of hope Man City get ousted from the CL soon so they can concentrate on the league . They are the  least of 3 evils at the top  of the Prem so far as I am concerned.; Spurs winning the thing is just unthinkable.

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

I sort of hope Man City get ousted from the CL soon so they can concentrate on the league . They are the  least of 3 evils at the top  of the Prem so far as I am concerned.; Spurs winning the thing is just unthinkable.

That is the absolute worst outcome possible.

1 hour ago, shailen said:

No...but at least they are challenging and competing with good entertaining football...

And this forums Shadensfreude....is showing we are slowly becoming those " Nobody's" we  are so desperately  fighting to deny!!and Spurs claimed we were!!

From those other but 5 super rich  contenders,I  for one (against this forums desperate wishes) would be happy to see Spurs Nick it !!!

Over all my years,Wham &Chelsea were the entertainers,then it all changed...Spurs became then the not so rich club,that could challenge the

The big money clubs...and they have 98% of the PL seasons,been one of the most entertaining sides...

WHam lost that Mantle...Soton had it for awhile,but few teams outside the top 6 have carried that badge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

No...but at least they are challenging and competing with good entertaining football...

And this forums Shadensfreude....is showing we are slowly becoming those " Nobody's" we  are so desperately  fighting to deny!!and Spurs claimed we were!!

From those other but 5 super rich  contenders,I  for one (against this forums desperate wishes) would be happy to see Spurs Nick it !!!

Over all my years,Wham &Chelsea were the entertainers,then it all changed...Spurs became then the not so rich club,that could challenge the

The big money clubs...and they have 98% of the PL seasons,been one of the most entertaining sides...

WHam lost that Mantle...Soton had it for awhile,but few teams outside the top 6 have carried that badge

Fair enough, it's a point of view (although I'm not sure about the good entertaining football bit) but at the end of the day football is only a bit removed from pantomime in its ability to set up heroes and "villains" .  I reserve the right to enjoy the annual Spurs collapse for no other reason that I find the club and their players and supporters utterly loathsome over a number of years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

1-0 Burnley. As it stands they’re 2 points behind us, not bad for a team who started the season so poorly and got hammered for.

What they do, they do well.  And Dyche will never change it.