Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

No he hasn’t.

Kante is being played completely out of position to accommodate Jorginho is who so off form it’s unreal.

Kante may be ok on the right, but he’s won a World Cup and two successive premierships playing in centre mid!

Its barmy stuff

:dunno: My friend who watches a lot of chelsea said that he was warming to the role and much more improved in an attacking sense since the start of the season.

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

He's breaking up as many attacks as ever.  It's just that a third of them are now Chelsea's.

From high on the wings, he simply can't cover the pitch to get to the ball wherever the opponent has it = an extraordinary talent partly negated.

He has looked somewhat more comfortable (and productive) recently.  But I still feel like I'm watching the world's fastest greyhound being trained to walk on its hind legs.

This is demonstrably stupid from Sarri.

In all fairness to Sarri, he has always, always had his system and the owners of Chelsea knew it. The fact that he is stubborn on playing a 4-3-3 the way he does is certainly a shortcoming of his, but the board knew exactly who they were hiring and what he would do, and it is not his fault that he has ended up with a bunch of players who do not fit his system.

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In all fairness to Sarri, he has always, always had his system and the owners of Chelsea knew it. The fact that he is stubborn on playing a 4-3-3 the way he does is certainly a shortcoming of his, but the board knew exactly who they were hiring and what he would do, and it is not his fault that he has ended up with a bunch of players who do not fit his system.

Agree to a point...but top players especially as a team,can and should accept any formation and system...

They have to when transferred to another club...or playing internationals over several years....!!!!

Even normal top profis!!!

That's why I will never agree with posters on here,that players from Leicester  can't play this or that formation...

Even kids do it!!!I

But Sarri, playing without a quality CF,which they have,moving other players around out of their proven-zones

wasting Hazard,even Willem..and making errors one expects from lower-pl-managers,and probably demotivating and

Taking the self-confidence out of individuals like Mourhino....Is his main issue..IMO.

but let's see the rest of the season  whether he and his squad,can change things around........

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

:dunno: My friend who watches a lot of chelsea said that he was warming to the role and much more improved in an attacking sense since the start of the season.

You’re not getting my point surely?

Yes of course Kante is improving in his new position. That’s Kante. I’d imagine he’d play in bloody goal if his boss asked him to.

But that’s a million miles away from playing him in his NATURAL position.

I say again, if he were being moved out right to accommodate a brilliant Jorginho in the middle, you could maybe get it. But Jorginho has been pretty awful for months.

If I were Sarri the first thing I’d do is to play Kante deeper again, to shield the back four (who are LEAKING goals at present) and to break up opposition attacks.

Why? Because we know he’s brilliant at it and one of the best in the world.

Sarri comes across as exceedingly stubborn and with little Plan B.

When not having Kante doing what he does best, as his Plan A, I think he’s being stupid.

Chelsea are conceding goals at a rate of God knows how many a game. And if Sarri doesn’t change this, he’s history.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You’re not getting my point surely?

Yes of course Kante is improving in his new position. That’s Kante. I’d imagine he’d play in bloody goal if his boss asked him to.

But that’s a million miles away from playing him in his NATURAL position.

I say again, if he were being moved out right to accommodate a brilliant Jorginho in the middle, you could maybe get it. But Jorginho has been pretty awful for months.

If I were Sarri the first thing I’d do is to play Kante deeper again, to shield the back four (who are LEAKING goals at present) and to break up opposition attacks.

Why? Because we know he’s brilliant at it and one of the best in the world.

Sarri comes across as exceedingly stubborn and with little Plan B.

When not having Kante doing what he does best, as his Plan A, I think he’s being stupid.

Chelsea are conceding goals at a rate of God knows how many a game. And if Sarri doesn’t change this, he’s history.

The issue is everyone else (fans, pundits, journalists, my 11 year old daughter, the Pope's boyfriend etc.) has been saying this since he started his 'experiment'.

Maybe at the start of the year he could have reversed it with just a limited knock to his reputation ('I have learned some interesting things about my players' type guff). But if he reverts now after so long and it works he looks like an even bigger chump than he already does. The only way he can sort of save face is if he tries it and it makes sod all difference - which by definition doesn't help him much either.

I suspect it's academic anyway...

12 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

The issue is everyone else (fans, pundits, journalists, my 11 year old daughter, the Pope's boyfriend etc.) has been saying this since he started his 'experiment'.

Maybe at the start of the year he could have reversed it with just a limited knock to his reputation ('I have learned some interesting things about my players' type guff). But if he reverts now after so long and it works he looks like an even bigger chump than he already does. The only way he can sort of save face is if he tries it and it makes sod all difference - which by definition doesn't help him much either.

I suspect it's academic anyway...

Everyone it would seem, except Nicolo Barella

Oh, and his mate..

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Playing i his actual position, I think Kante is in the top 3 players in the league imo (Albeit through blue tinted specs).... Him doing okay or well in another position is just a complete waste of his talent. 

If you were to draft players at the start of a season, how many players would you be taking in front of him? Am I just far too in love with N'Golo? 

He wont get the credit he deserves until he moves to PSG or one of the top Spanish teams.  

Edited by Lambert09