Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah I reckon you are right Here’s the fixture run ins 

Man City

09/03 | Watford (H) | EPL W
12/03 | Schalke (H) | UCL
16/03 | Man Utd (A) | EPL D
30/03 | Fulham (A) | EPL W
06/04 | Cardiff (H) | EPL W
13/04 | Crystal Palace (A) | EPL D
20/04 | Tottenham (H) | EPL W
27/04 | Burnley (A) | EPL W
04/05 | Leicester (H) | EPL D
12/05 | Brighton (A) | EPL W

Liverpool 

10/03 | Burnley (H) | EPL W
13/03 | Bayern (A) | UCL
17/03 | Fulham (A) | EPL W
31/03 | Tottenham (H) | EPL D
06/04 | Southampton (A) | EPL W
13/04 | Chelsea (H) | EPL W
20/04 | Cardiff (A) | EPL D
27/04 | Huddersfield (H) | EPL W
04/05 | Newcastle (A) | EPL D
12/05 | Wolves (H) | EPL W

and just incase a miracle happens as they do play them both 

Spurs 

05/03 | Dortmund (A) | UCL
09/03 | Southampton (A) | EPL
17/03 | Crystal Palace (H) | EPL
31/03 | Liverpool (A) | EPL
06/04 | Brighton (H) | EPL
13/04 | Huddersfield (H) | EPL
20/04 | Man City (A) | EPL
27/04 | West Ham (H) | EPL
04/05 | Bournemouth (A) | EPL
12/05 | Everton (H) | EPL

Yeah I agree that it will come down to the wire the above is my prediction, ie, both teams winning 6 and drawing 3.

Drawing away to Man Utd and away in a local derby is not bottling it.

Guest MattP

Whilst they haven't "bottled it" they have certainly tightened up - you could see against us how scared they were at times to try anything. 

I think winning the league for then is so bad they are struggling to cope with it - Klopp should have been far more aggressive yesterday though with his changes.

Any team that is starting Divock Origi on the back of one injury shouldn't be winning the PL though.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Whilst they haven't "bottled it" they have certainly tightened up - you could see against us how scared they were at times to try anything. 

I think winning the league for then is so bad they are struggling to cope with it - Klopp should have been far more aggressive yesterday though with his changes.

Any team that is starting Divock Origi on the back of one injury shouldn't be winning the PL though.

Their lack of strength in depth will be the downfall. Look at how Man City can chop and change and still bring in sheer quality whereas Liverpool have to rely on the likes of Origi and Sturridge. 

Klopp seems to have this idea that whoever is in scoring form out the front three needs playing down the middle. It was Salah earlier in the season, he started Mane there yesterday. I know football has to evolve, but if it's not broke don't try and fix it. It worked previously because Salah and Mane drifted in from out wide, whilst Firmino played centrally, dropped off a bit and dragged the centre back out. Salah and Mane aren't as effective through the centre, so why do it. They are in good form because of where they are playing, don't change it.

45 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Klopp seems to have this idea that whoever is in scoring form out the front three needs playing down the middle. It was Salah earlier in the season, he started Mane there yesterday. I know football has to evolve, but if it's not broke don't try and fix it. It worked previously because Salah and Mane drifted in from out wide, whilst Firmino played centrally, dropped off a bit and dragged the centre back out. Salah and Mane aren't as effective through the centre, so why do it. They are in good form because of where they are playing, don't change it.

Mane was there because Firmino was injured. 

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Only one team has gone a whole Premier  League season losing no games, and that was Arsenal in 2004. They won the league. So that stat you posted never happened.

The point is if they were going head to head in a season arsenal would have lost LESS games than chelsea but scored LESS points than chelsea.

This happens all the time in leagues across europe at all levels.

The title winning team isnt necessarily just the team that has lost the least number of games

Imagine how this place would be reacting if Spurs were in Liverpool's position. They have drawn 4 of 6 and should be beating us at home, West Ham away and Everton (who they have a great record against since 2010). I didn't think Liverpool would get a better chance to win the league than under Rodgers, but this is it, they've let Man City back into it and I can only see it ending one way now. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine how this place would be reacting if Spurs were in Liverpool's position. They have drawn 4 of 6 and should be beating us at home, West Ham away and Everton (who they have a great record against since 2010). I didn't think Liverpool would get a better chance to win the league than under Rodgers, but this is it, they've let Man City back into it and I can only see it ending one way now. 

Just to be clear this is not a better chance than under Rodgers. At that point they had to draw one and win 2 of their last 3 games to win the league and they failed miserably. 

Edit - also, they are up against probably the best team we have ever seen in this league. Liverpool could technically finish on 97 points and still not win the league.

Edited by lildave3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I think there was a chance of 7th. Normally teams win a few on the bounce under a new manager and we could have easily caught up. 

Saturday is a brilliant opportunity at home against Fulham, to start a good run.

Wolves are at Chelsea, whilst Watford are at Manchester City.

3 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

The title winning team isnt necessarily just the team that has lost the least number of games

Very true.

16 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

The amount of games a team loses isnt very relevant

Not true IMO.

But sometimes I’m too quick with a piss take.  Nothing meant.  My bad.

17 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

The amount of games a team loses isnt very relevant its the points total.

To win the title in England youd have to beat what is arguably the worlds current best team over 38 games and with man citys current form to keep up with them theyd have to be winning every single game.

They arent losing a great opportunity because they arent as good as man city, theyve gone flat out all season and done pretty much all they could, and theyre one point behind.

In 25 years of the prem, the team with the fewest losses has won the league 16 times. It's certainly a fairly decent indicator, but I get what you're saying as no team are winning a league drawing 38 (except Celtic).

Guest MattP
19 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

FIF, I have been meaning to ask for a while, who is the sketch in your profile picture?

David Lammy.