Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Clever of Klopp to not go for the win. Shift the pressure over to Pep.

I can’t work out of this is sarcasm or not, clever of Klopp to not win when they’re at the business end of the season and need all the wins they can get lol ?

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Holding his team mates to account? Sounds like a leader. 

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I think its benefited Liverpool a lot

Our team could do with a player with such a sense of authority

Part of being a leader is to encourage .... smacks of a bit of arrogance to stand there shaking your head at your team mates actions 

5 minutes ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

Why do football fans have to be prone to hyperbole and reducing everything to black and white?

The fact Liverpool drew an away merseyside derby and are one point off the top does NOT mean they are bottling.

People band around this "bottler" tag... its ridiculous

They probably would have taken a point at OT and Everton in most circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I can’t work out of this is sarcasm or not, clever of Klopp to not win when they’re at the business end of the season and need all the wins they can get lol ?

Sarcasm, yep :)

Edited by spacemunky

1 hour ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

Why do football fans have to be prone to hyperbole and reducing everything to black and white?

The fact Liverpool drew an away merseyside derby and are one point off the top does NOT mean they are bottling.

They aren't bottling it but they were in a great position six games ago and are now chasing. They've lost one match this season in 29 yet are behind a team who've lost four including three against bottom-half sides.

They could lose a great opportunity to win the title.

Just now, Corky said:

They aren't bottling it but they were in a great position six games ago and are now chasing. They've lost one match this season in 29 yet are behind a team who've lost four including three against bottom-half sides.

They could lose a great opportunity to win the title.

The amount of games a team loses isnt very relevant its the points total.

To win the title in England youd have to beat what is arguably the worlds current best team over 38 games and with man citys current form to keep up with them theyd have to be winning every single game.

They arent losing a great opportunity because they arent as good as man city, theyve gone flat out all season and done pretty much all they could, and theyre one point behind.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Part of being a leader is to encourage .... smacks of a bit of arrogance to stand there shaking your head at your team mates actions 

Yes. It is PART of it. 

As is admonishing. They're racing for the title. It's a local derby. Expectations are high. 

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

This is my prediction for the final PL positions this season, with the clubs' names rearranged as anagrams, just for a laugh!

01. Synthetic cream
02. I lop lover
03. Stun named heretic
04. Mount the posh tart
05. Leaches
06. Er, anals
07. No modern sprawler whatever
08. Daft row
09. Veer not
10. Sweat in the mud
11. Electric yetis
12. Repay catcalls
13. Dense wet lunatic
14. Spat on mouth
15. Burn Ely
16. Our one thumb
17. Brooding vain nob health
18. Daffy critic
19. Um, half 
20. Dud ref whistled on

Fvck sake, man! Get a hobby! lol

29 minutes ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

To win the title in England youd have to beat what is arguably the worlds current best team over 38 games and with man citys current form to keep up with them theyd have to be winning every single game.

They arent losing a great opportunity because they arent as good as man city, theyve gone flat out all season and done pretty much all they could, and theyre one point behind.

It definitely is a great opportunity, I don't know how their position and season can be interpreted any other way.

No side has been so far clear at New Year's and not gone on to win the title (in the Premier League era). It's as good an opportunity as they've had in a generation, regardless of Man City's quality.  

3 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

they’re definitely getting nervous though, from the fans to the manager to the players you can see them all (bar VVD) looking terrified every time they have to do something. 

whether you wanna call it bottling or not doesn’t really bother me, but they’ve massively tightened up and started to shit themselves when they realised they were about 10 points clear. 

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Going to be a fight to the last game.

Yeah I reckon you are right Here’s the fixture run ins 

Man City

09/03 | Watford (H) | EPL
12/03 | Schalke (H) | UCL
16/03 | Man Utd (A) | EPL
30/03 | Fulham (A) | EPL
06/04 | Cardiff (H) | EPL
13/04 | Crystal Palace (A) | EPL
20/04 | Tottenham (H) | EPL
27/04 | Burnley (A) | EPL
04/05 | Leicester (H) | EPL
12/05 | Brighton (A) | EPL

Liverpool 

10/03 | Burnley (H) | EPL
13/03 | Bayern (A) | UCL
17/03 | Fulham (A) | EPL
31/03 | Tottenham (H) | EPL
06/04 | Southampton (A) | EPL
13/04 | Chelsea (H) | EPL
20/04 | Cardiff (A) | EPL
27/04 | Huddersfield (H) | EPL
04/05 | Newcastle (A) | EPL
12/05 | Wolves (H) | EPL

and just incase a miracle happens as they do play them both 

Spurs 

05/03 | Dortmund (A) | UCL
09/03 | Southampton (A) | EPL
17/03 | Crystal Palace (H) | EPL
31/03 | Liverpool (A) | EPL
06/04 | Brighton (H) | EPL
13/04 | Huddersfield (H) | EPL
20/04 | Man City (A) | EPL
27/04 | West Ham (H) | EPL
04/05 | Bournemouth (A) | EPL
12/05 | Everton (H) | EPL

2 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

:wes:

PL101.JPG.c281962180b7110748b2e243b95185f9.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, KingsX said:

:wes:

PL101.JPG.c281962180b7110748b2e243b95185f9.JPG

You tried to make yourself look clever there and failed.

Arsenal lost 0 games in a premier league season and scored less points than chelsea who lost 5 a couple of seasons ago.

That was the point which you willfully misunderstood.

Edited by Fox In The Box 90
  • Thanks 1

Liverpool can't seem to grind out those 1-0 wins which are essential for a title winning team. Man City have had two of those on the trot now.

I'd be surprised if City don't win it from here, and that'll then be twice Liverpool have thrown a title away.

Not that I have any love for Man Ure and Clelsea, but I'm pleased they both won as it's putting a lot of pressure on Spuds. We know how they like to throw good positions away too, so they could well miss out on champions league next season. If that happens we'll see who stays, and how much of a millstone the debt 'shrewd businessman' Levy has racked up on their new ground hurts them.

2 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

You tried to make yourself look clever there and failed.

Arsenal lost 0 games in a premier league season and scored less points than chelsea who lost 5 a couple of seasons ago.

That was the point which you willfully misunderstood.

Only one team has gone a whole Premier  League season losing no games, and that was Arsenal in 2004. They won the league. So that stat you posted never happened.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

Liverpool can't seem to grind out those 1-0 wins which are essential for a title winning team. Man City have had two of those on the trot now.

I'd be surprised if City don't win it from here, and that'll then be twice Liverpool have thrown a title away.

Not that I have any love for Man Ure and Clelsea, but I'm pleased they both won as it's putting a lot of pressure on Spuds. We know how they like to throw good positions away too, so they could well miss out on champions league next season. If that happens we'll see who stays, and how much of a millstone the debt 'shrewd businessman' Levy has racked up on their new ground hurts them.

Klopp has to really get into them now ....

tell them how it is ....  or completely the opposite if that’s what he did a month ago 

they have ‘bottled’ the current phase and cannot be left to carry on from a mental perspective ..... whatever he had decided to do hasn’t worked.   So the alternative approach is to drive home a different message ..... if we continue to see them tight and without the intensity and freedom they had before then clearly this group (and the fans with them) will not be able to carry this season through to its ultimate conclusion 

there is another thought that tactically, they have tightened up (as we did after Dec 15/16) and it simply doesn’t suit their style to do so ...... ‘he who dares wins rodders’ .........maybe klopp isn’t a fan of only fools ........

• Like 1