Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well they might get fined but won't be for a while - QPR have only just paid up after a long legal battle.

And more to the point whilst they stay in the premier league the EFL can't touch them, they will just settle like we did!

Edited by Fox 4 Life

23 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well they might get fined but won't be for a while - QPR have only just paid up after a long legal battle.

as did we - 3.1m

its an interesting call - you can only increase your annual spend on salary by a percentage. most clubs coming up have a big issue with that. did wolves flagrently flout the FFP rules in the championship by a huge amount, knowing that they would come to a settlement with the EFL in the end and that this large wage budget on arrival in the prem would make them much more competitive once promoted for seasons 2 and 3 ?  

Edited by st albans fox

On 05/03/2019 at 18:26, The Bear said:

We didn't/won't fail FFP. Those figures include player and staff bonuses for promotion. At least a third of that £57m was on those bonuses, which don't count for FFP. 

Unless much of the salarys are ‘hidden’ as bonus’  under an agreement which isn’t open to scrutiny......... seems a substantial amount 

Edited by st albans fox

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Unless much of the salarys are ‘hidden’ as bonus’  under an agreement which isn’t open to scrutiny......... seems a substantial amount 

Yes it's over £20m of bonuses apparently. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Can’t have it both ways - if they aren’t salary’s then can’t be used as a basis for this seasons increase ..........would hope the prem league will be ‘on the ball’ and have some communication with the EFL .......

Man City must win the league, even though I don't particularly like them due to their small time mentality and inferiority complex. Everything is a conspiracy to them.

However, the Liverpool wankfest will be intolerable if they win. Liverpool have too many ex players in the media as pundits and co-commentators. They get an easy ride by the press compared to Arsenal and Chelsea. 

Also, Klopp is cvnt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man City must win the league, even though I don't particularly like them due to their small time mentality and inferiority complex. Everything is a conspiracy to them.

However, the Liverpool wankfest will be intolerable if they win. Liverpool have too many ex players in the media as pundits and co-commentators. They get an easy ride by the press compared to Arsenal and Chelsea. 

Also, Klopp is cvnt.

They’re both dreadful :D but they’re better than Spurs 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, surrifox said:

“Also I get to sit and watch football every week - it almost feels like I’m part of the team and everything !”

Also ...  "Everyone here is focused we try to win every game ..  there is no comparison" ...   yes, we would try to win every game too if one of our players could be arsed or wasn't waiting at the airport.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I’m still not convinced you won’t fail FFP £57 million loss last season albeit bonuses included, £23 million loss the season before it just seems to much of a loss to be able to pass it 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t have it both ways - if they aren’t salary’s then can’t be used as a basis for this seasons increase ..........would hope the prem league will be ‘on the ball’ and have some communication with the EFL .......

Bonuses don't count towards FFP no matter what season they are in. But they will still be mentioned in the accounts. 

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I’m still not convinced you won’t fail FFP £57 million loss last season albeit bonuses included, £23 million loss the season before it just seems to much of a loss to be able to pass it 

We had a £7m profit the season before those two. 

As just stated the losses in the accounts don't always total the losses counted for FFP. There was a fair investment on the training pitches and academy side too, which also don't count. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We had a £7m profit the season before those two. 

As just stated the losses in the accounts don't always total the losses counted for FFP. There was a fair investment on the training pitches and academy side too, which also don't count. 

All that'll happen if you fail is a negligible (relative) fine anyway tbh. 

I see Pochettino is moaning about his touchline ban. This is after at least two public apologies. It's absolutely right he's been banned. You can't do that to an official without punishment regardless if it's Dean. The standard it would set if that was left unpunished with would be worrying. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I see Pochettino is moaning about his touchline ban. This is after at least two public apologies. It's absolutely right he's been banned. You can't do that to an official without punishment regardless if it's Dean. The standard it would set if that was left unpunished with would be worrying. 

He is moaning about everything at the min  reminds me of wenger just moans all the time but won’t mention a thing if his team gets any dodgy decisions 

Edited by Md9