Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Still want to see a Man City quadruple. Then he can go.

That result is not good for English football. He who spends the most wins !!!

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Why do spurs seem to get this special treatment? Can’t imagine any other club getting it. Or is it down to being in London and obviously money? 

It does feel that way quite often. We wouldn't get away with this, nor would most of the league.

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It does feel that way quite often. We wouldn't get away with this, nor would most of the league.

Their manager did just get a 2 game touchline ban for an after game row with an official; which is kinda harsh.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If there's any truth in this it could let Liverpool in for the title.

I remember Man City''s results dropping off massively when it was announced that Pellegrini would leave in the summer of 2016.  We might never have won the league without that.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Wonder if that's anything to do with Man City being investigated by UEFA or FIFA so he wants to get out before all the transfer bans come in...

Wonder, if found guilty, what their punishment would be - a massive fine that they would easily pay off, or a points deduction that probably won't happen?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

8 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Why do spurs seem to get this special treatment? Can’t imagine any other club getting it. Or is it down to being in London and obviously money? 

We must all bow to spuds being better than anyone and everyone ever in the game of football.

Spuds are the media's and the FA darlings. They get special treatment on most things and it amazed me that Ponch got a two match ban this week for his rant against Dean. If they get a warning it's unusual. Like Kane's recent attempted head butt, or Alli's diving. The biggest indication of the FA's favouritism to them was when they played Chelsea in that 2-2 draw in 2016. They should have had at least two sent off and at least some really tough retrospective punishment. 

Fingers crossed their new ground is jinxed against them ever winning anything!

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder, if found guilty, what their punishment would be - a massive fine that they would easily pay off, or a points deduction that probably won't happen?

Potentially banned from Europe or a transfer ban but it will no doubt be swept under the carpet 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 09:23, Countryfox said:

“Everyone here is good “ ...  cheers Riyad. 

DBE5ABBC-99FC-41D5-A429-AD3ECAAAD834.jpeg

No doubt he'll have his defenders again, but it's another swipe at us isn't it? 

The guy, for all his ability, is an arsehole. 

The measure of the man : once witnessed him get a driver to drive his car to the doors after a match. Couldn't bring himself to walk. Shinji, at this time, was signing any autograph he could. 

Blokes a ****. Talented footballer, sure, but he's a ****. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The measure of the man : once witnessed him get a driver to drive his car to the doors after a match. Couldn't bring himself to walk. Shinji, at this time, was signing any autograph he could. 

Glass half full ......glass half empty ........  people will take offence as they see fit ......most of the time, none is intended .........

Interested to see how Riyad's career develops at Man City. If Pep can improve him. 

So far he's been a bit so-so. Always felt he relied a bit too much on the change of direction. He does it well, admittedly, but it's  more or less his whole bag of tricks. Never felt he had particularly quick feet for someone touted as a ball-wizard. 

Pretty controversial I know, but people bladdering on him being Leicester's most skilful ever player used to irritate me...

41 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

How is it? It's a pretty matter-of-fact statement - they've got players who've won the league before and we hadn't, so there's a different atmosphere. Can't see that he means anything by it at all.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Guest said:

How is it? It's a pretty matter-of-fact statement - they've got players who've won the league before and we hadn't, so there's a different atmosphere. Can't see that he means anything by it at all.

It's 2019, everything is offensive.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Guest said:

I can't even see it as a semi swipe at us?  People are so weird.  He's just pointing out differences.  X

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Guest said:

'everyone here is good' 

Loads of respect shown there. Isn't one of his agents favourite lines that he's humble? 

Blokes a cock. We can accept that whilst also accepting he's one of the best players we've ever had. 

Just now, Langston said:

I interpreted him saying "everyone here is good" as meaning everybody currently in the Man City camp is happy, focused and ready for the run in. It reads more like a statement to Liverpool to me.

Some people seem desperate to take offence.

I took it as meaning every player in the squad is an extremely talented player so there are less nerves in this situation. I don't see wtf is wrong with saying that, it's true!

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

'everyone here is good' 

Loads of respect shown there. Isn't one of his agents favourite lines that he's humble? 

Blokes a cock. We can accept that whilst also accepting he's one of the best players we've ever had. 

Yeah as in they're relaxed and not nervous. He's not saying "nobody at Leicester was a good player" is he? Like the posters above have pointed out, the comparison he's making is between the feeling in the dressing room about trying to win the league, as is made explicitly clear in the article. You're looking for something that isn't there

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

I interpreted him saying "everyone here is good" as meaning everybody currently in the Man City camp is happy, focused and ready for the run in. It reads more like a statement to Liverpool to me.

Some people seem desperate to take offence.

wouldn't be surprised if the media knob change the quote to fit it in the column but your right.

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Champions league ban. 

2 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Potentially banned from Europe or a transfer ban but it will no doubt be swept under the carpet 

It's a fifa ban this time not a uefa ban. If found guilty it won't be swept as they ignored the rules after a hefty fine and continued. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

'everyone here is good' 

You do know English is not his first language?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Didn't read it like that at all...a bit lost in translation I think

Mahrez is hardly going to say 'yeah jamie and the boys were awesome, it was far better than the demanding bastards here' . You put your current team first in general and when answering the media

Imagine Evans saying 'Man U was far better than this dump, I've won the premier league three times you know, u unfortunately it was the best gig my agent could line up for me so here we are.'