Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Where's Maddison on that list? 

Why does it matter?

Maddison isn't and never will be known for his tackling.

It's like asking how many goals has a defender scored when that's not their primary function in a team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Saturday is a brilliant opportunity at home against Fulham, to start a good run.

Wolves are at Chelsea, whilst Watford are at Manchester City.

Since we beat Chelsea at home, we've picked up more points (27) than Chelsea (25). 

Edited by The Bear

20 minutes ago, Otis said:

Is the pressure getting to Liverpool like they said it would get to us 3 years ago.

All the ex-Liverpool pundits wouldn't be able to stand that. Souness, Hansen, Lawrenson - how could they continue to spout their shite any further? 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Since we beat Chelsea at home, we've picked up more points (27) than Chelsea (25). 

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wouldn't expect anything else from the mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers! 

I don't care it's a Leicester forum lol

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

All the ex-Liverpool pundits wouldn't be able to stand that. Souness, Hansen, Lawrenson - how could they continue to spout their shite any further? 

Hansen hasn't been a pundit for about three or four years now, and he wasn't a bad one either. Prefer listening to him than the likes of Sutton and Jenas.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hansen hasn't been a pundit for about three or four years now, and he wasn't a bad one either. Prefer listening to him than the likes of Sutton and Jenas.

I'm sure i saw him drifting about, but i bow to your knowledge. 

But he was another stuck in the glory days. They all got too misty eyed over European nights at the kop. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Why does it matter?

Maddison isn't and never will be known for his tackling.

It's like asking how many goals has a defender scored when that's not their primary function in a team.

But he is making a name for himself with his tackling.  He is getting a reputation as a bottler cus he keeps jumping out of them.

Nobody expects him to be a ball winner but he needs to stop being such a wuss.  It really winds me up.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2019 at 11:06, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine how this place would be reacting if Spurs were in Liverpool's position. They have drawn 4 of 6 and should be beating us at home, West Ham away and Everton (who they have a great record against since 2010). I didn't think Liverpool would get a better chance to win the league than under Rodgers, but this is it, they've let Man City back into it and I can only see it ending one way now. 

Agree with this. Spurs would be getting called allsorts. Liverpool for some reason get away with it by and large.

Liverpool media bias is unbelievable.

When we had Liverpool away I was expecting to witness a genuinely special atmosphere unlike anything I've heard in the UK, a huge buzz about the place.

Even despite going ahead in the 3rd minute I found the whole thing a bit surreal. There was no real buzz or atmosphere. You just got the sense they were nervous and really, they blew it somewhat against us, and they haven't really recovered it since.

Man City will win the league.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

When we had Liverpool away I was expecting to witness a genuinely special atmosphere unlike anything I've heard in the UK, a huge buzz about the place.

Even despite going ahead in the 3rd minute I found the whole thing a bit surreal. There was no real buzz or atmosphere. You just got the sense they were nervous and really, they blew it somewhat against us, and they haven't really recovered it since.

However well he’s done, it’s clear that Klopp is a bit potty. I think they’ll fook it up too. Man City just seem calmer, more ruthless

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I thought the same thing, the crowd seemed on edge, we just kept taking the piss on how quiet it was.

so much for that world famous atmosphere 

Nothing like the crowd fever we had during our title run in

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

However well he’s done, it’s clear that Klopp is a bit potty. I think they’ll fook it up too. Man City just seem calmer, more ruthless

Man City seem calmer because they're safe in the knowledge that they have sheer quality all over the pitch and ss back up. Their B team could quite easily challenge for Europe/top 4.

Liverpool have to call upon the likes of Lallana, Sturridge and Origi. Man City have the option of Mahrez, Gundogan, Jesus amongst many others to rely on. 

The strength in depth will see them through. And the fact Man City have experience, and much more of it than Liverpool in being a title-chasing/winning team. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Man City seem calmer because they're safe in the knowledge that they have sheer quality all over the pitch and ss back up. Their B team could quite easily challenge for Europe/top 4.

Liverpool have to call upon the likes of Lallana, Sturridge and Origi. Man City have the option of Mahrez, Gundogan, Jesus amongst many others to rely on. 

The strength in depth will see them through. And the fact Man City have experience, and much more of it than Liverpool in being a title-chasing/winning team. 

Man City still have a big problem in the midfield, namely Fernandinho's (lack of) back-up. They're really not the same without him. They also have to play United away which will really be a big, big game for the title race, even if Liverpool must play Chelsea and Spurs

It's still a 50/50 for me.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Ranked! The 15 best Premier League players outside the top six
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-15-best-premier-league-players-outside-top-six#mj9TcWeHaolzklTT.99

NB all listed on one page.

lol lol what bollox no Ricardo? 

The England left back don't get a mention. Yet Mags makes it and he's had a poor season. It's a wonder Wes never made it. 

• Like 1