Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

26 minutes ago, String fellow said:

For probably the first time since August, the PL table shows every club with the same number of matches played. It's regrettable that that doesn't happen more often imo.

Mainly due to League Cup Final and the FA Cup Quarters and Semis.

The arrangement with the Champions League not to play Premier League teams on the same night (unless absolutely necessary towards the next of the season) doesnt help but still...

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Mainly due to League Cup Final and the FA Cup Quarters and Semis.

The arrangement with the Champions League not to play Premier League teams on the same night (unless absolutely necessary towards the next of the season) doesnt help but still...

And the CL bit is extremely rare because generally there are only 2 or 3 teams max in the latter stages of Europe, not all 6.

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

It's funny how as soon as Ole got the job full time United have gone crap again... dearie me.... too think they could have gone for Zidane if they wanted. Is it possible unless they finish top four that Ole could be gone in the summer?

I think Roy Keane would do a better job than Ole, probably be left with about 5 players like.

4 minutes ago, smitha said:

Pogba named in the PFA team of the year:blink: cannot see that one myself, the rest are Liverpool and City players which is understandable.

I imagine it’s because he was in ridiculous form when the votes were being cast? That’s my only explanation for it. His numbers are still really decent for a midfielder but he’s not turned up for 2/3 of the season so pretty undeserved for me.

6 minutes ago, Goober said:

I imagine it’s because he was in ridiculous form when the votes were being cast? That’s my only explanation for it. His numbers are still really decent for a midfielder but he’s not turned up for 2/3 of the season so pretty undeserved for me.

Think your right aren't they cast around February time, in the middle of United's best spell, I normally find the PFA team does not reflect the season well but apart from Pogba you cannot argue with the rest.

I still think Liverpool will drop points. Wolves will be the tough fixture but if they are in a position to win the title on the last day then they may steam roll them. Going to be an interesting last few fixtures.

I would rather see Man City win the league. Saying that though I would also like to be the team that messes up Man City's season. Imagine doing the double over them lol.

Also Liverpool have lost 1 game all season. If they end up not winning the league after winning their last 3 fixtures how harsh would that be. They would think they would never win the league lol 

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A quick scan on Red and White Kop and basically they're pinning their hopes on us getting something at the Etihad. 

Congratulations Manchester City Premier League Champions 2018/19! 

Also they are having an argument on how may day's between the two barca games. Is Weds to Tues 6/7 days? lol lol lol

Edited by sylofox

45 minutes ago, smitha said:

Pogba named in the PFA team of the year:blink: cannot see that one myself, the rest are Liverpool and City players which is understandable.

Ridiculous that he’s been included 

I personally cannot understand why Hazard is not in it 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

These are professional defenders playing as a back 4 at one of the biggest clubs in the world...

4D206B76-F82E-42F1-A1CE-9BB60D015F3E.jpeg

How do you have a back 4 with 5 players? And this was on a breakaway after an attack. Pretty unfair really.

43 minutes ago, smitha said:

Pogba is a big unit with a lot of skill but I think he is starting to be found out. The fact is he can pick some incredible pinpoint passes but he needs a lot of time to do that - in fact he needs N'Didi type time on the ball - teams just need to get into him quickly and he just have the speed of mind to play the passes. Hamza would give him fits.

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

These are professional defenders playing as a back 4 at one of the biggest clubs in the world...

4D206B76-F82E-42F1-A1CE-9BB60D015F3E.jpeg

I've heard about playing narrow at the back. But surely that's taking the fecking piss lol lol lol

We are an attention seeking club that loves the limelight, we have a manager who will revel in being the one to help hand Liverpool the title. We will be going all out to get a result vs Man City. We might want to think about playing Danny Ward though lol

There are a lot of Liverpool fans that have never seen their team win the top flight title, quite scandalous really. It's astonishing to think that one of these teams is going to get 95+ points and finish 2nd, that's why I've no ill feeling towards either team to be honest. Liverpool fans can be painful at times but they play some sensational football and if we do pinch a result then fair play to them for going on and winning it.

Vardy will be spying the golden boot, 5 goals in his last 3 games might just do it.

• Like 2

United should get Keane in as assistant manager or at least replace Carrick with him, Ole is a nice guy they need someone with some backbone in there and big clear out.

The way they was talking last night I'm sure they will be in for Maguire this summer.

I would prefer Liverpool to win it rather than City, but I don't really care that much. Two magnificent teams. Whoever finishes runner up with a points total in the mid nineties still deserves a lot of credit.

However I definitely want us to beat City, same as I'd want us to beat Liverpool if we were playing them.

Can't understand United fans saying they are pleased they lost to City as it weakens Liverpool's title push. Definition of "plastic" fans if you're more concerned with your rivals fortunes than your own

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Ridiculous that he’s been included 

I personally cannot understand why Hazard is not in it 

Good shout, but it seems to be playing at their peak at voting time. Hazard has been pretty consistent throughout the year, just seems that city and Liverpool have dominated the league so is understandable that the team is built around them. The year we won the league didn't we have 4/5 in the team of the year just seems to be the way it goes.

To be honest i dont want us to lose to mancity (or anyone for that matter) but also cannot stand liverpool winning the league  more so because of tw@ts like danny murphy and carragher.  Just to hear them show more hate for us at rolling over for man city would make my year.

For those two alone we will lose lol. 

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 2

Why do people get their knickers in a twist over the PFA team of the year award? You know it’s voted by the players that have played against each other throughout the season? lol 

I've never understood why these votes are always done mid-season.

Surely it should be once the season has finished? Otherwise a player could have a very good August-February (but not quite enough for TotS) and then break all kinds of records in March/April/May, but misses out because someone else had a slightly better start to the season (even if they tailed off massively).

• Like 2