Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, sishades said:

Fecking typical...my stream stopped just before both goals. 

I wouldnt worry, the way this match has played out most of us could leave our houses right now, take a leisurely walk to the pub and still end up catching a goal or two.

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Are Burnley really more a difficult game than us for Man City?

Newcastlesque with added bus parking and general shithousery.

Liverpool have got TEN more points than we had when we won the league, two games to go and they're still not favourites to win the league. 

This. Is. Mental. 

Edited by Danizen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

had a discussion yday about the fact this is actually probably the most boring “title fight” i can remember. it feels like both teams have won pretty much every game since the beginning of time and are expected to win every game until the final whistle. 

theres not even been many dramatic wins. that own goal by spurs at anfield is about the only “crikey” moment i can remember from the second half of the season. and it presumably won’t count for much. 

go back through all the past seasons (when we’ve actually had a race) and you’ve got so many twists and turns, dropped points, comebacks etc. this is just two teams who are better than everyone else swapping places at the top based purely on kick off times due to tv coverage. 

I get what you're saying, 2012 was probably the last great title battle. Man Utd about 8pts ahead and Man City clawing it back with that Aguero moment. Not counting 2016 as, in reality, there was no title challenge to us from about March onwards.

I know its unlikely but it would be good for neutrals to see, say, Newcastle drawing against Liverpool and us beating Man City for a bit of drama.

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I get what you're saying, 2012 was probably the last great title battle. Man Utd about 8pts ahead and Man City clawing it back with that Aguero moment. Not counting 2016 as, in reality, there was no title challenge to us from about March onwards.

I know its unlikely but it would be good for neutrals to see, say, Newcastle drawing against Liverpool and us beating Man City for a bit of drama.

even in our season, in the last 10/12 games we had welbeck “winning” arsenal the league, the NLD were the lead swapped a few times and if either team had won they’d have been favs to win it but they drew, ulloa’s earthquake goal, our game vs west ham and all the twists and turns that entailed and then eventually spurs giving it away at stamford bridge. 

then yeah, obviously you’ve got that aguero season, even before that last minute there was the united 4-4 everton and the manchester derby that were huge and pivotal moments late on in a season. 

the gerrard slip, that crystal palace comeback and suarez crying, macheda in the 94th minute to go from 0-2 to 3-2 against villa, all amazing moments in april/may. 

this is just man city winning then liverpool winning. saying all this we’re deffo getting sean dyche subbing himself on and scoring in injury time today aren’t we. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

even in our season, in the last 10/12 games we had welbeck “winning” arsenal the league, the NLD were the lead swapped a few times and if either team had won they’d have been favs to win it but they drew, ulloa’s earthquake goal, our game vs west ham and all the twists and turns that entailed and then eventually spurs giving it away at stamford bridge. 

then yeah, obviously you’ve got that aguero season, even before that last minute there was the united 4-4 everton and the manchester derby that were huge and pivotal moments late on in a season. 

the gerrard slip, that crystal palace comeback and suarez crying, macheda in the 94th minute to go from 0-2 to 3-2 against villa, all amazing moments in april/may. 

this is just man city winning then liverpool winning. saying all this we’re deffo getting sean dyche subbing himself on and scoring in injury time today aren’t we. 

How could I forget 2014, between the same two bloody teams and all lol

Edited by Nalis
Typo

It's not been as dramatic this season but it's been probably the best quality title race ever. Any team on 90+ points and not winning the league is incredible, which is what will happen to one of these two teams.

Having said the above, the biggest dramatic moment ever will now be if one of these two clubs drop points now. Everyone thinks Man City are nailed on but Burnley then us are not easy games especially if they think the hard work is already done.

Just now, shailen said:

It's not been as dramatic this season but it's been probably the best quality title race ever. Any team on 90+ points and not winning the league is incredible, which is what will happen to one of these two teams.

Having said the above, the biggest dramatic moment ever will now be if one of these two clubs drop points now. Everyone thinks Man City are nailed on but Burnley then us are not easy games especially if they think the hard work is already done.

You can argue either way though - ‘the best quality’ could quite easily be viewed that the other teams are so uncompetitive and not full of much quality. 

I’m still scratching my head on how we took four points off the pair of them and should have taken something from the Liverpool game at home 

41 minutes ago, MattP said:

Les Ferdinand having a David Lammy moment lol

Even though I've seen that clip on Sky Sports News a few times, they surely set that up a bit?

But yeah those presenters and likes of Kate Adbo, Alex Scott, Gareth Crooks, Dion Dublin, Jermaine Jenas have been around for ages. Devalues the other points he's trying to make, some of which are valid.

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

had a discussion yday about the fact this is actually probably the most boring “title fight” i can remember. it feels like both teams have won pretty much every game since the beginning of time and are expected to win every game until the final whistle. 

theres not even been many dramatic wins. that own goal by spurs at anfield is about the only “crikey” moment i can remember from the second half of the season. and it presumably won’t count for much. 

go back through all the past seasons (when we’ve actually had a race) and you’ve got so many twists and turns, dropped points, comebacks etc. this is just two teams who are better than everyone else swapping places at the top based purely on kick off times due to tv coverage. 

I look at it totally different....

I count 19 teams in the PL,a nd they are all part of them emxcitement,and all have their fate thrown around with those unknown devils,,controlling the wheels on all our twists & turns...Teams fearing the trap door,but finding like Newcastle , C.palace,and Burnley a decent form then 4-5 quality teams scrapping for that

Covetted best of the rest 7 th position

Top 3-6 fighting for their "entitled" European spot. Spurs the mongrels trying to mix it with the real big boys,but getting a black-eye running into March,again sitting pretty then the post bottle floats by...But still give a lesson to big-boy wanna-bes in Europe.

inside all that, I have no grumpy old man attitude,this year's PL IMO is producing some great football and interesting entertaining factors!!

Every club, having its story...

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The Championship is the place for excitement, tension and unpredictability. 

Not that I want us to be in it anytime soon. Been there, done that, don't want to have to do it again.

Yeah, I agree. I love watching the Championship as a neutral. It was so stressful being in that league though. 

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Yeah, this "lead has changed hands 20-odd times" is very misleading. It is only changing because they are kicking off at different times, both have won the last 7 games (I think?) each so it hasn't really changed since Liverpool drew with Everton in early March.