Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Talking of the Manchester clubs reminds me that exactly 50 years ago tomorrow, we lost to Man City at Wembley in the FA Cup Final. Also, Man United beat us in the last league game of the season at Old Trafford (I was there!), relegating us to Division 2, along with QPR. Not-so-happy days! 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I've never understood why these votes are always done mid-season.

Surely it should be once the season has finished? Otherwise a player could have a very good August-February (but not quite enough for TotS) and then break all kinds of records in March/April/May, but misses out because someone else had a slightly better start to the season (even if they tailed off massively).

always thought it a bit strange myself.  often players will have a massive end to the season especially when they are going all out for titles/cups etc.  The real class will shine through when the pressure is on and that is often towards the end.  Reminds me a little of Kante the year we won the league. Vardy and Mahrez were getting all the plaudits for their goals and assists but, as a relative unknown quantity, it wasn't until well into the season that people (those outside of the KP anyway) starting looking at the stats and picking up on just how good and how pivotal he was to our success that season. 

I can’t have Liverpool winning the league, I’m sorry. My personal circumstances just won’t allow it. Come and live with two gobby scousers who refuse to even aknowledge that Leicester exist, let alone play in the prem and you’ll soon have your opinions changed, the rest I’ve met have been the same too. 

I hate them with a burning passion and if they folded tomorrow I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. 

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

I can’t have Liverpool winning the league, I’m sorry. My personal circumstances just won’t allow it. Come and live with two gobby scousers who refuse to even aknowledge that Leicester exist, let alone play in the prem and you’ll soon have your opinions changed, the rest I’ve met have been the same too. 

I hate them with a burning passion and if they folded tomorrow I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. 

wow - another post i agree wholeheartedly with :)

I'm getting to the point where if you couple the media love in for "Pep" and "City" against the unbearable scouse uprising it's none of the above for me.

Unfortunately one of them has to win it. I Want us to get something at Man City whilst still hoping Liverpool somehow manage to screw it up.

Have nothing against either side, I think Liverpool are actually more appealing but their fans...... :S

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

I'm getting to the point where if you couple the media love in for "Pep" and "City" against the unbearable scouse uprising it's none of the above for me.

Unfortunately one of them has to win it. I Want us to get something at Man City whilst still hoping Liverpool somehow manage to screw it up.

Have nothing against either side, I think Liverpool are actually more appealing but their fans...... :S

For me Liverpool have been by far the better side to watch. But as you say, their fans. 

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

13 goals 9 assists in 30 appearances for a CM is fairly good going.

7 penalties and a a no show in nearly every big game. Flat-track bully for me.

Granted, I don't think it's been a great year for centre mids and the alternatives aren't actually all that either.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

7 penalties and a a no show in nearly every big game. Flat-track bully for me.

Granted, I don't think it's been a great year for centre mids and the alternatives aren't actually all that either.

Penalties still have to scored.

Sooner count Pogba's penalties than a back post Sterling tap in for example.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Penalties still have to scored.

Sooner count Pogba's penalties than a back post Sterling tap in for example.

Definitely going to have to agree to disagree on that one lol think what Sterling does requires better play.

I still don't actually think Sterling's that clinical a finisher. Nor Salah.

29 minutes ago, Livid said:

Summed up perfectly.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Definitely going to have to agree to disagree on that one lol think what Sterling does requires better play.

I still don't actually think Sterling's that clinical a finisher. Nor Salah.

Ultimately it doesn't matter, the ball still needs to be put in the net and the scoreboard counts a penalty as much as a back post open goal or a 40 yard screamer.

I agree that he shouldn't be in there. I think that Hazard should be in his place. But Bernardo Silva has 7 goals and 8 assists for example.

Other than Hazard and maybe Son is there really another midfielder that should be in there? You could even argue that those two are forwards.

I think a lot of the other midfielder contenders would be dark horses - I'll get slated for this but Wijnaldum. Liverpool fans reckon he's been one of their best players.

Pogba's just had too many games where he's a borderline liability to be in this for me. It forces him out of it.

Scary the similarities between Man United now and Liverpool of the 90s. Both clubs were in decline after over two decades of dominance, both spent loads of money and in Lingard, Rashford, Lukaku, Pogba etc. Man United even have their very own 'Spice Boys'. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Scary the similarities between Man United now and Liverpool of the 90s. Both clubs were in decline after over two decades of dominance, both spent loads of money and Lingard, Rashford, Lukaku etc. Man United even have their very own 'Spice Boys'. 

Think some of that lot get away with it big time as well. Rashford getting praised for the performances against Barcelona and last night proves to me he can do no wrong in the eyes of some.

I think he's a steady striker but astoundingly over-rated.

Edited by Dan LCFC

The combination of all those traitorous Leicestershire-born-and-bred Liverpool fans (NW Leics seems to be a particular hotbed for them) and the plethora of biased Liverpool-supporting, Leicester-hating TV pundits (Carragher, Sourness, Owen, Murphy etc) makes me literally jump for joy every time Man City (or Liverpool's opponents) score.

The only way I could tolerate Liverpool joining us in that elite group of Premier League winners is if we win at Man City.

• Like 1