Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

18 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

if the difference between them being happy and being sad is the difference between us finishing 9th or 10th

Losing makes me very sad which is more important than the feelings of some scousers.

• Like 1

It's hard not to respect Burnley. They may play negative football but they finished higher than us last year and suffered a gruelling European campaign this season, briefly flirted with relegation but pulled it together and are now only eight points behind us.

21 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Bet he spat on the shirt afterwards..

_106583705_carragaher2.jpg

This picture is the epitome of how Sky Sports' punditry is essentially down the drain.

Remember when Gary Neville started in 2011. His seering insightful analysis on Monday Night Football and his engaging commentary made him instantly the most popular and must-watch pundit out there. He educated it all on the nuances of the game and shepherded in a new era of journalists and ex-footballers who could offer something different. Then Carragher joined them and, despite the tiresome mocking of his accent, he was also very good at offering insight on MNF.

Now we're in 2019 and Carragher is pulling on a Man Utd shirt. It's not about those social media engagements, those snapshot moments that can be uploaded. You can't watch the action on our premium TV service but you can watch our pundit make an OUTRAGEOUS statement. LOOK AT HOW CONTROVERSIAL WE ARE.

Not limited to Sky, of course. Now everyone needs that money-shot moment. Whether it's pulling on an opposition shirt, being all Chris Sutton and going against the grain just for the sake of it or the need to get unnecessarily ANGRY over things, punditry is in a terrible state on TV. Thank the lord for the sanctuary of reasonable football podcasts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It's hard not to respect Burnley. They may play negative football but they finished higher than us last year and suffered a gruelling European campaign this season, briefly flirted with relegation but pulled it together and are now only eight points behind us.

I have zero respect for Burnley and at the very least would like to see them in league 2. Pointless football club 

49 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

This picture is the epitome of how Sky Sports' punditry is essentially down the drain.

Remember when Gary Neville started in 2011. His seering insightful analysis on Monday Night Football and his engaging commentary made him instantly the most popular and must-watch pundit out there. He educated it all on the nuances of the game and shepherded in a new era of journalists and ex-footballers who could offer something different. Then Carragher joined them and, despite the tiresome mocking of his accent, he was also very good at offering insight on MNF.

Now we're in 2019 and Carragher is pulling on a Man Utd shirt. It's not about those social media engagements, those snapshot moments that can be uploaded. You can't watch the action on our premium TV service but you can watch our pundit make an OUTRAGEOUS statement. LOOK AT HOW CONTROVERSIAL WE ARE.

Not limited to Sky, of course. Now everyone needs that money-shot moment. Whether it's pulling on an opposition shirt, being all Chris Sutton and going against the grain just for the sake of it or the need to get unnecessarily ANGRY over things, punditry is in a terrible state on TV. Thank the lord for the sanctuary of reasonable football podcasts.

I think it was just 2 mates having a bet to be fair

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Respect Burnley, hate Dyche. 

Pulis is anti football like Dyche but at least Pulis isn't a miserable whine cvnt. 

All the City fans on here who wanted this guy at the club should hang their head in shame. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

They played six games, four of which were in the UK, didn't even qualify for the competition proper and their commitments were over before the end of August. I wouldn't call that gruelling to be honest.

One of those UK matches was in Aberdeen... but fair enough! Still explains why the start of their season went to shit and they're now quite close to us. For a fairly small football club it's impressive what they've done this season and last. Pity the football is unappealing.

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

One of those UK matches was in Aberdeen... but fair enough! Still explains why the start of their season went to shit and they're now quite close to us. For a fairly small football club it's impressive what they've done this season and last. Pity the football is unappealing.

It's an excuse. and a pathetic one at best.

I get that the sole purpose of appointing Carragher as pundit was an attempt of trying to mirror the rivalry on the pitch between him and Gary Neville but that's been worn out quite quickly and dont get it beyond that.

Gary Neville has his flaws but overall he's insightful. Carragher has the ramblings of a misinformed fan.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 10:06, smitha said:

Pogba named in the PFA team of the year:blink: cannot see that one myself, the rest are Liverpool and City players which is understandable.

I would have given the GK spot to Alisson and replaced Mané with Hazard, plus Fernandinho to make way for Sigurdsson.

Other than that, no complaints.

I agree that the timing is bad - why now and why not wait until the season has actually finished?

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Let’s just ignore the fact that there is a dead pigeon in the penalty area. I’m not in about Sturridge, there is a an actual dead bird in the area lol 

One of the scousers will take home for dinner don't you worry