Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

10 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Would anybody take Grealish for the 'right' price or would you just not touch the guy.?

He is one of these players that could go either way..  i.e become a top premier league player OR fizzle into a championship nobody. 

I'd say £20million is about right in this market, anything more and that is too much for a "maybe". He won't come much cheaper, unless with add-ons. 

Seeing him play, he has very good ability with the ball and can run with it and beat players with ease (at championship level, granted) His stats are admittedly not great, but the potential is there and most the experts can see and have said as much. 

I actually think his attitude might benefit him on the pitch and something we perhaps lack at times. He plays on the edge and I think is only likely to improve. He reminds me of a Dele Alli type in that sense. 

In saying that, Maddison would still be my choice over him, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we signed Grealish. £15m upfront with add-ons to £20m would be realistic IMO. 

54 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Would anybody take Grealish for the 'right' price or would you just not touch the guy.?

would not touch him unless Gray is being sold, both of them competing for the same position and being frustrated at lack of game time will create absolute havoc.

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

would not touch him unless Gray is being sold, both of them competing for the same position and being frustrated at lack of game time will create absolute havoc.

Gray is an out and out winger. Grealish is a ACM/No.10 

Only reason Gray has been tried in a no.10 a couple of times, is because we had no better option

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

I'd have him in a heartbeat purely from the highlights I've seen of him in the play offs against Middlesbrough and Fulham and reading the Villa fans view on him. There are plenty on Villa Talk who think £40m is nowhere near enough and he's a potential worldie and the best player Villa have had for decades. Whilst those views are no doubt exaggerated and biassed this is the general consensus of the vast majority of their fans. I've always believed that listening to fans who see a player week in week out is as good a metric to judge a potential signing by as any.

• Like 4

I reckon Grealish and Maddison could be played in the same team, with JG as an inside forward. If we're going to play a more possession based game, craft and trickery are arguably more important than pace. They could both thrive.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'd have him in a heartbeat purely from the highlights I've seen of him in the play offs against Middlesbrough and Fulham and reading the Villa fans view on him. There are plenty on Villa Talk who think £40m is nowhere near enough and he's a potential worldie and the best player Villa have had for decades. Whilst those views are no doubt exaggerated and biassed this is the general consensus of the vast majority of their fans. I've always believed that listening to fans who see a player week in week out is as good a metric to judge a potential signing by as any.

Jeez, Gerard! There are fans on here who keep saying that Slimani would come good “if we played to his strengths”!! Imagine building a team around that !!! Fans are idiots. Myself included !! 

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

May not have great stats in goals and assists but his dribbling, first touch/control and weight of pass, look fantastic in these clips. 

I think if the price is right, sign him up! 

This clip done the opposite for me. 

He seems to make the wrong choice far too often. We don' need another Dimmy Gray who shoots when there' a better option and passes when there is a shot on. Ofcourse, that CAN come with age but it requires the right mentality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This clip done the opposite for me. 

He seems to make the wrong choice far too often. We don' need another Dimmy Gray who shoots when there' a better option and passes when there is a shot on. Ofcourse, that CAN come with age but it requires the right mentality.

Gray would have shot every time he got into the final 3rd in those examples! lol

• Like 1