Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

29 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Anyone who's prepared to pay 40m for Jack Grealish is plain mad.

28m for Slimani.  Also plain mad?

25 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If Jack Grealish goes for £40m and we get £50m for RIYAD FVCKING MAHREZ... I'm never watching football again of any description

That's like part-ex-ing a Rolls Royce for a milk float that delivers UHT. But there's no demand for that, because it's shite.

• Haha 2

Villa have to sell to the highest bidder this summer.

Whilst I've been really encouraged by the Villa fans rating of him that I'd love him here the facts are:

1) he is 23 in September so not so young.

2) never posted great stats in his career

3) uncapped

4) Performed really well for six months at Championship level

No one values him anywhere near £40m outside of Aston Villa and they can't afford not to sell.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

28m for Slimani.  Also plain mad?

One of the deadliest strikers in Europe in his prime.

28m was the going rate.

We'd be paying 40m for a Slimani this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If Jack Grealish goes for £40m and we get £50m for RIYAD FVCKING MAHREZ... I'm never watching football again of any description

That's like part-ex-ing a Rolls Royce for a milk float.

Just think of all the money you would save on petrol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

One of the deadliest strikers in Europe in his prime.

28m was the going rate.

We'd be paying 40m for a Slimani this summer.

I hope someone does pay us 40m? 

People need to stop worrying we will not be paying anything even close to 40 Mill for Grealish.

and that's IF which is a big IF we are actually in for him. we want Madison instead.

when there was actually small talk about buying him about 3-4weeks ago i think the talk around the club was not to exceed 18Mill.

So if villa did want 40 just take it as we will not be going in for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

People need to stop worrying we will not be paying anything even close to 40 Mill for Grealish.

and that's IF which is a big IF we are actually in for him. we want Madison instead.

when there was actually small talk about buying him about 3-4weeks ago i think the talk around the club was not to exceed 18Mill.

So if villa did want 40 just take it as we will not be going in for him.

Does this sort of thing get openly talked about outside of the boardroom...also how many people potentially would have any kind of say in these matters?

No disrespect - Im genuinely interested in how we operate within the club.

3 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Does this sort of thing get openly talked about outside of the boardroom...also how many people potentially would have any kind of say in these matters?

No disrespect - Im genuinely interested in how we operate within the club.

no so obviously a list of players get drawn up on who we want to sign.

EM and JR will speak about the list of players that have been scouted to what extent i dont know.

then EM and JR and CP will go ver the list and CP will decide which players he would want from that list and then valuations will be made on how much they would spend on each player I.E what would be the maximum spend on said player.

however when this is going on there is probably around 5 to 10 other people in the room listening and working on what players fit the bill they then put the players in a pool and decide which ones to go for, obviously this is all meant to be confidential however if one of those people tells 1 person that person tells another and so on so on.

and the way everything is today nothing in football can be kept secret, some of those people in the room might already contact some of the players agents then the agent speaks out in hope to get the best offer for that player etc.

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's like part-ex-ing a Rolls Royce for a milk float.

3 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Just think of all the money you would save on petrol

And milk. 

3 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

Yes.

He has done very little and has a resale value that is a fraction of his purchase price.

In all honesty i don't think we used him very well. He really didn't seem to fit the plan.

15 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-cash-leicester-city-1649365

just putting this out there, exactly what i have been saying the past week.

Why are the papers so late in getting the information lol 

Anyone with any common sense could have made the same conclusion, and did so, specifically when he was initially linked.

1 minute ago, Genesis1 said:

Would anybody take Grealish for the 'right' price or would you just not touch the guy.?

I wouldn't be massively pissed off if we got him for £10m or something but the figures they're talking about are crazy. He's not a great player and seems to be a bad influence off the pitch

4 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

Yes.

He has done very little and has a resale value that is a fraction of his purchase price.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  Slimani made sense to me as a signing.  Not many on here were calling it mad at the time.

• Like 3