Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

5 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

If we forget about price (which as fans of a rich club, we probably can), then surely everyone agrees he is a good footballing acquisition and something we don't currently have?

Unless reports of Maddison signing are true.

I'd be happy with both but would mean a lot of rotation required with Diabate, Gray, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Maddison and Grealish. maybe even George Thomas as well deserving a chance. I suspect we will pass on Grealish now. 

1 hour ago, Mark - Reading said:

Because spending ludicrous amounts of money from crap leagues like Russia France and Portugal worked well, £14m Mendy, £16m Mussa, £22m Silva, £28m Silmani, give me Maddison in the number 10 role any day, Grealish I would stay well clear he has more of an attitude issue than Gray unless Gray was shipped out then maybe but not for the £20-40m they want for someone that has done nothing except getting Villa Religated 

Bit harsh on Mendy and Silva.

Mendy got injured very quickly and repeatedly and his place was then usurped by Wilf. Claude had him at Nice so he could still play his part in the squad.

Silva couldn't play for 3 months through no fault of his own, and when he did enter the team he had inconsistent game time which coincided with the whole team's drop in form.

• Like 2

Rumours circulating that West Ham are about to sign Javier Pastore from PSG for £17.5m.

i know he’s 28 and Grealish is 22, but I swear to god if that happens and we spend more than £17.5m on Grealish, I will slit my own wrists!

It’s like spending 5 grand on a 5 year old fiesta, to the find your next door neighbour got a 10 year old jaguar for the same money!!!! ?

11 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Rumours circulating that West Ham are about to sign Javier Pastore from PSG for £17.5m.

i know he’s 28 and Grealish is 22, but I swear to god if that happens and we spend more than £17.5m on Grealish, I will slit my own wrists!

It’s like spending 5 grand on a 5 year old fiesta, to the find your next door neighbour got a 10 year old jaguar for the same money!!!! ?

Calm down ?

11 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Pastore is a fantastic player. Would love to see him at the KP. Surely he won't go to West Ham?

22 minutes ago, City1884 said:

You'd soon calm down when it came to filling it up.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

You'd soon calm down when it came to filling it up.

At least i’d know that the jag had been well maintained over the years, whilst Greal.... I mean, the fiesta, has been filled up with the wrong type of gas on more than one occasion.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is a funny one. I have always disliked Grealish for the obvious reasons and have battered him in the presence of my Liverpool and Everton supporting colleagues who now think this saga is mightily funny but as I have read posts and possible formations in this thread I am warming to the idea.

1) He is young, talented & English and offers something our other midfielders don’t.

2) He has been a maverick at a club that has lost it’s way, with his most relatable mentor being Sherwood (FFS).

3) Do we really think we would allow him to **** about with the dressing room we have?

4) He knows Gray & Chilwell and could possibly help bring the best out of them.

5) Vardy would be a great mentor.

6) Leaders and workhorses in midfield means he wouldn’t dare shirk.

7) Father figure in Puel to help guide him

8) Young internationals around him to show him the importance of knuckling down.

9) Prem & tough Champ experience and obvious sell on benefits

10) All things considered, at 20-25mill the above feels a snip compared to the money we have spent on flops.

Whisper it but I am starting to think this could be a good signing... imagine if we pick up Maddison also.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Does anyone think maybe the Grealish talk was possibly to force Norwich's hand and push through the Maddison deal?

Pretty much. If they're negotiating it's much better to say "We're interested but if you **** us around we'll go after another player." It removes some of their leverage.

12 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

He looks a handful in this video tbh. Some nice runs from deep and he can dribble 30 yards with the ball and get the team up the pitch quickly. 

He makes Vardy looks like the kind of man you'd take around your nan's for tea. Also, why the **** did the uploader insist of including a clip of Terry adjusting himself while holding a child's hand? I feel sick.

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I don’t think it’s impossible that we sign both Maddison and Grealish. To me they are different players with different styles. 

Be an interesting combination, but what message does that send signing two players from the championship?

Edited by Leicesterpool

Don't think he'd be a bad player for us.

He's judged on his personality but Vardy and Simpson were hardly choirboys.

Villa have been a basket case in the years he broke through. A relatively stable club like ourselves could be just the platform he needs.

Wouldnt go writing anyone off about coming from championship level. Simpson, Ulloa and Maguire (dubious I know) turned out ok from the lower ranks. The big reputation signings have turned out to be more underwhelming.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, City1884 said:

On one hand I agree with you. Javier Pastore for £17.5m seems like a great deal but then every deal is a risk. I remember when quite a few people were moaning that we weren't involved when Jesé signed for Stoke and he's been an unmitigated disaster.