Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

30 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

I didn’t see it coming ?

Some actually didn’t!

2 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Could somebody clarify something for me please.

If we're paying 10m for Roberts, then we're only getting 50m for Mahrez?

Seems that Roberts’ valuation has been suppressed to make the nett deal 50m plus Roberts. It’s a 60m deal. Roberts should really be a 15m player at least. 

Many of our deals are non disclosed - this may be another although as it will be a record for Man City they really should be announcing the valuation. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some actually didn’t!

Seems that Roberts’ valuation has been suppressed to make the nett deal 50m plus Roberts. It’s a 60m deal. Roberts should really be a 15m player at least. 

Many of our deals are non disclosed - this may be another although as it will be a record for Man City they really should be announcing the valuation. 

How is he a 15 million pound player after a season and a bit in the SPL?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some actually didn’t!

Isn't our policy still that all our deals are undisclosed but the buying/selling club just announce it anyway? I'm sure Chelsea disclosed what they'd spent on Kante + Drinkwater.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They paid 12m for him a couple seasons ago .....  you couldn’t really argue he hasn’t realised his potential yet 

City paid approx. £3/4m for him. That £12m figure was including add ons, of which none will have been paid considering he’s never played for them.

10 minutes ago, Charlie9872 said:

City paid approx. £3/4m for him. That £12m figure was including add ons, of which none will have been paid considering he’s never played for them.

Fair enough  (Fulham’s accounts apparently showed 5.3m up front).

Edited by st albans fox

The reality is that none of us actually know what the fee is, and are unlikely to find out as it will probably be announced as undisclosed.

The only thing we'll have to go on is the press speculation that it is a £60m deal, which if true is too low as the fee should be upwards of £80m IMO.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Mahrez is unfazed at the prospect of being a squad player.... a couple of sentences after they state he’s signed a 5 year contract on 200k a week lol I wonder why he’s unfazed lol 

real talk though 200k a week and 67m for a “Squad player” seems like a lot of bread.... I personally think he’ll make that next step up having the defensive shackles cut 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

They paid 12m for him a couple seasons ago .....  you couldn’t really argue he hasn’t realised his potential yet 

No, it  £5m up front with a further £6m in add-ons, and I very much doubt they had add for playing the the SPL.

I’d would imagine Fulham haven’t seen much in the way of add on’s 

2 minutes ago, Naz said:

I think he'll be a starter.  Sane on one wing, Mahrez on the other.  It's a long season, with a lot of games.  Reality is that it's a squad game now and no player can play at their best week in week out.  When the trophies are decided, clubs are playing midweek, and the weekend so he'll probably get rotated a bit with Sterling and form will decide who starts.  My money would be on Mahrez starting most games.

Does look like it's happening now.  Hope you wont hate us now!  It will make for two interesting games when we play you in the league.   I'd imagine his first big game for Man City will be Arsenal in the Community Shield.  

£67m is a lot of money and will be Man City's record deal by far, although like you guys, the figures I am seeing seem to change by 10m every other day.  I'd guess that there will be a lot of add-ons involved.

I think Man City are trying for one other big deal: Jorginho from Napoli to replace Yaya. (Fernandinho is 33 I think).  I am thinking that Liverpool and Utd are going to be the biggest spenders of this window.  Man City are going to have a net spend of about £70-£80m I reckon as we are selling a lot of players.  Gunn, Maffeo, Roberts, Kayode 

I am confident about the new season.  Last time we won the league we dropped off the next season, but I am more confident that attitude will be better this time.  Players know that if their form dips, they will lose their starting place.

I'll probably leave it there if this deal goes through, but I'll be back when we play you again.

Best wishes

I'm pleased he has finally got his move.  On his day, he is unplayable and will be one of your best players.  You've got a bargain there my friend.  Congratulations on winning the 2018/19 Premier League.

9 minutes ago, happy85 said:

The total value of the current deal is expected to rise to around £75m

Jamie Jackson guardian 

Will take that if Riyad has dropped his demands for a loyalty bonus, and Man City let us sign Roberts for £10m with no strings attached.