Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

4 hours ago, MCFC said:

Sterling is out of position as an attacking midfielder but I have to say I imagine Vardy would be even more out of place. Sterling has better pass accuracy than Vardy and got 10x as many assists in the league last season. If they were competing for the role of striker then yeah, put Vardy in, but as they aren't I don't think Vardy would be any better off. 

Mancity fans coming on here and knocking Vardy. Go home

44 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hazard linked with Real Madrid.... Mahrez linked with Chelsea in the past, also lives in London. 

This transfer is gonna go on longer than we think 

I would have put some mileage in this in the past but the guy wants to work with pep........

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I would have put some mileage in this in the past but the guy wants to work with pep........

Problem for Mahrez though is he's not going to replace Sterling and with Willian and hazard possibly leaving Chelsea he'd almost be guaranteed a start.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

Sterling scored 18 league goals for Man City last season from out wide.  There are very few players who have the speed of feet and technique that he does, but you don't see him take players on for England.  if you watched him play for Manchester City last season, you would not suggest that he's shit. For Manchester City his finishing was sometimes brilliant, sometimes awful.  It's definitely a weakness.  It's terrible for England, but I think that is exacerbated by lack of confidence from an extremely hostile section of the media.  The comments he got pre World Cup were out of order.

You're entitled to your opinion about him, but I think you are assuming that his form for England reflects his natural ability.  I don't think there are any forwards in the england side who demand a start.  Rashford is ridiculously over-rated.  His finishing is worse than Sterling's.  Like Sterling, Vardy will not get the service.  

It does not bother me that much whether Sterling plays for England or not, but it annoys me when fans just criticise him without reflecting on the difference between his form for club and country.  It sees clear to me that Sterling faces two problems as an England player

1) Lack of through balls.  Vardy would have same issue.  Set-pieces might suit Kane.  They don't suit Sterling

2) He's not mature enough yet to handle the intense criticism he gets, and he passes the ball off, or chooses safe option or fluffs chances that he'd do by instinct at Man City.

Good response, and very much in line with what we see of vardy vs what England see of him.

And remarkably more polite than my soap box pounding probabmpbbpvly deserved. 

I think I might try not to post on a 12hr bender induced hangover.

Cheers bud. Excellent post and fwiw I certainly wouldn't be tinkering with it now, and mostly blame Southgate that sterling or alli as he has been 8n a position to change it during the game. How alli made 120 mins against Columbia is beyond me.

It's coming home 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCFC said:

When have I said that my opinion is superior? I'm merely stating that people who watch Sterling every week are far more likely to have a measured opinion of him than people who watch him playing out of position in a (let's face it) offensively poor England team. I'm also saying that ex-pro players, pundits and journalists (not to are far more likely to know what they're on about than fans on the internet- including me. 

Tell you what, I'll bet you right now that if both stay fit, Sterling will get at least as many minutes for M. City next season as Mahrez and will score at least twenty goals again. Pep won't toss such an important player aside just because Mahrez arrives. If I'm wrong, I'll leave the forum.

Fair dos as per my reply to bad about bender induced hangover rants.

Not getting on what happens at your club as I genuinely don't care (in the nicest possible way ?)

As I said to bad, fully understand where you are coming from but I do believe you will be genuinely surprised at just how good a player mahrez is.

As I've also said elsewhere, I want this move to happen for mahrez. He deserves it. Not for his airport hopping since we won the league, but for what he did in getting us to the premier league and obviously winning it.

Is like to think I'm mature enough to not begrudge him the success I believe will come for him, and as a result, continued success for your boys.

Always found man city fans to be some of the best but reading the comments on mahrez, and then your post, well let's just say you lit my fuse. ?

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Mahrez is 100% a better player than sterling, to do what he did 2 years ago in that season and then pull up double digits last season in a mid table side... we’ve seen sterling can’t do it unless it’s put in the perfect position for him, which fortunately for him at MCFC it is. I don’t think Sterling will be tossed aside at all, but I’m sure Pep will defo be considering his spot in the starting XI.

Sorry, but I can’t agree with you when you say Mahrez is 100% better player than Sterling. I don’t think you can really compare them like for like. Don’t get me wrong, I love what Mahrez brings to the team - when he wants to !! Since the the title win he’s gone AWOL in matches far too many times. Just my opinion 

Edited by mikey54

1 minute ago, mikey54 said:

Sorry, but I can’t agree with you when you say Mahrez is 100% better player than Sterling. I don’t think you can really compare them like for like. Don’t get me wrong, I love what Mahrez brings to the team - when he wants to !! Since the the title win he’s gone AWOL in matches far too many times

You just can't compare them as they offer such different qualities. Sterling has the ability to keep putting on pressure throughout a match, but not necessarily have the end product. Mahrez can be non existent through an entire match but win it on his own in a moment of genius. For entertainment value, Mahrez every time, but for steady input Sterling wins it. 

4 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

The BBC reckon he could be gone in around 48 hours. I wonder. :dunno:

Taken him  long enough if true, almost as long as waiting for Sterling to score a goal for England :englandsmile4wf:

51 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Have Man City hired the former Leicester medical team. The amount of medicals Riyad has supposedly had over the past few weeks he must be knackered - poor lad. 

Enjoying all the prostate tests though I'm hearing? 

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Shocking news! Does this mean he’s leaving Leicester, and we’ll never see him play in our royal blue shirt again. Amazing. If only we had some time to get used to the idea. :mellow:

I didn’t see it coming ?

21 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

I didn’t see it coming ?

28 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Shocking news! Does this mean he’s leaving Leicester, and we’ll never see him play in our royal blue shirt again. Amazing. If only we had some time to get used to the idea. :mellow:

Everythings moving so fast. I'm going for a lie down

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Could somebody clarify something for me please.

If we're paying 10m for Roberts, then we're only getting 50m for Mahrez?

Or getting £60m for Mahrez and spending £10m of it on Roberts. 

Same thing just put in a different way, but we still get £60m transfer fee for Mahrez, but we are choosing to spend some of it on a player from the same team. So technically you might say it's a net of £50m, however the transfer fee is £60m

Edited by fox_favourite