Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

Guest bss9401

Southgate will decide on Vardy up top, drop the midfield back and put Kane in at number 10.  Have him harrying and chasing, playing to Vardy's strengths would be great. Unlikely to happen I know but so many fans would see the total Jamie Vardy and what fun that could be. I believe that Southgate would be a fool not to give it a try. Jamie would not let England down if he's given a go.

2 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Southgate will decide on Vardy up top, drop the midfield back and put Kane in at number 10.  Have him harrying and chasing, playing to Vardy's strengths would be great. Unlikely to happen I know but so many fans would see the total Jamie Vardy and what fun that could be. I believe that Southgate would be a fool not to give it a try. Jamie would not let England down if he's given a go.

Definitely not rio ferdinand material.

I am with most in that we need some

investment in the squad next season, especially in light of our senior players getting old and out of pace, such as Morgan and Simpson. Fuchs is still okay with his crosses and his overall attitude.

We cannot fall into the same mentality as other clubs. ”Overhaul” does not mean better.  Let’s not forget we won the league two seasons ago with the same players (except Kante who was hugely important). Despite millions pouring into most other clubs - the “overhaul” you are talking about - they didn’t achieve the same success.

We need to dig deep and work out a way that keeps the winning mentality the club and the players had and carry on. An “overhaul” is definitely not going to bring us success. Careful planning and adjustment will. Players like Vardy and Fuchs etc with their total attitude of commitment are very hard to come by, and they are what made the success of this club. We should pay over the odds for Vardy to stay - it is ridiculous that he is on only 100k a week when he could easily earn 3 times that elsewhere and he is so important to the club. His attitude feeds the winning mentality of this club. When he goes, we will be lucky to just be in EPL let alone fans dreaming to become top 6 again.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Vardy is our all time Premier League top scorer with 62 goals. To put that in context for Stoke it's Peter Crouch with 40 goals and Stoke have spent 10 years  (6 more than LCFC) in this league.

Mahrez is our second all time top scorer  with 39 goals.

These 2 are top legends.

We've spent 12 years in the premier league in total. I think the point is that Crouch has spent 7 years at Stoke and Vardy 4 year with us at this level, but then half of Crouchs 7 years have been as a substitute in the most part. So overall I think it's a poor comparison.

Edited by Facecloth

On 13/05/2018 at 19:54, Heymister2015 said:

Vardy is statistically more clinical than Kane. Due to the fact Kane has 5 chances to vardy’s 1. 

Mainly because Kane just takes loads of shots from difficult angles and distances.

It's like the case with Cristiano Ronaldo, a player who's a tremendous goalscorer but his converstion rate isn't really the best.

And I don't think anyone would suggest that CR7 is a better striker than Vardy,

Edited by MisterFoxKillen

On 14/05/2018 at 06:23, Tom12345 said:

I am with most in that we need some

investment in the squad next season, especially in light of our senior players getting old and out of pace, such as Morgan and Simpson. Fuchs is still okay with his crosses and his overall attitude.

We cannot fall into the same mentality as other clubs. ”Overhaul” does not mean better.  Let’s not forget we won the league two seasons ago with the same players (except Kante who was hugely important). Despite millions pouring into most other clubs - the “overhaul” you are talking about - they didn’t achieve the same success.

We need to dig deep and work out a way that keeps the winning mentality the club and the players had and carry on. An “overhaul” is definitely not going to bring us success. Careful planning and adjustment will. Players like Vardy and Fuchs etc with their total attitude of commitment are very hard to come by, and they are what made the success of this club. We should pay over the odds for Vardy to stay - it is ridiculous that he is on only 100k a week when he could easily earn 3 times that elsewhere and he is so important to the club. His attitude feeds the winning mentality of this club. When he goes, we will be lucky to just be in EPL let alone fans dreaming to become top 6 again.

•  

Not the same players they were 2 years ago.

Here's something I was pondering and haven't seen mentioned (I haven't looked that hard); with there being a genuine prospect of Schmeichel and Morgan losing their place in the first XI, does Vardy take the armband?

On 14/05/2018 at 08:02, foxfanazer said:

Our captain next season? Not usually a fan of strikers taking the armband but would be a nice way to show our appreciation of him

Literally  mentioned 3 posts above mine lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Here's something I was pondering and haven't seen mentioned (I haven't looked that hard); with there being a genuine prospect of Schmeichel and Morgan losing their place in the first XI, does Vardy take the armband?

It's either him or Maguire.

If Silva becomes a permanent starter he's got a chance as well.

I'd be amazed if Vardy is with us next season.

People say about the age and money aspect but these clubs are so cash rich it wouldn't matter to them.

Chelsea spunked 75 mill on Morata and he's been poor.

Vards would have hit at least 20 for them this season, which would have got them CL next year.

Totally hope I'm wrong though?

Edited by Weller Wing

Absolutely ****ing love him.

Utterly ruthless in his finishing and fearless in his all round play, would die for the shirt.

Not English but when Australia's knocked out I'll be cheering England on because any time I get to see Vardy play I know I'll see someone playing a sport I love giving his heart and soul for his team and as a sports fan theres few greater sights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

I'd be amazed if Vardy is with us next season.

People say about the age and money aspect but these clubs are so cash rich it wouldn't matter to them.

Chelsea spunked 75 mill on Morata and he's been poor.

Vards would have hit at least 20 for them this season, which would have got them CL next year.

Totally hope I'm wrong though?

He’d get 30 in a top 6 side without a doubt. He got 20 for us this season when we were bang average. He got 24 when we won the league, playing to his strengths but the opportunities were limited, he just took what he could more often than not. 

Saying that, I think he’ll see his time in England out with us then make a move to MLS before retiring. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Following up on the LCFC all-time goalscoring comparison, Jamie Vardy in my eyes has the potential to become one of the club's four best goalscorers ever.

He has the tenacity, will, endurance and speed to be able to maintain his prolific shape for another two, three years at least.

8 hours ago, treer said:

MAN U buy lukaku  get 15 goals cost them 90 million

vardy 20 goals for leicester

someone at Man u needs a reality check

If Vardy was 3 or 4 years younger, the top clubs would have brought him. There were strong rumours that Chelsea wanted him in January before going for Giroud. In that sense we are actually somewhat lucky he got to the top level so late in his career.

16 hours ago, Bryn said:

He should already be the captain anyway. When are Leicester at their best? When we play high tempo / high press and get into the opposition from the off. Who is the most pivotal player in our team that sets that one? It's JV of course. Nothing against Wes or Kasper but JV is both the fans favourite player and arguably our most consistent player too. As a fan, you can't help but love players that embody fans on the pitch and that is why Vardy is so revered. He's made it and could easily kick back and relax but still hustles and harries like he did playing for Stocksbridge Park Steeles!

That said having Kasper as captain could be good to stiffen up the defence. If you look at our stats I would argue that this season it was at the back where we let ourselves down, we actually scored a reasonable number of goals.

But I would prefer Vardy personally.

• Like 1