Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Jack Wilshere - signs for WHU 3 year contract

9 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Dont want to say to much as i got banned last time lol.

@seanfromenderby
8m8 minutes ago
More
#LCFC transfer update: An extremely credible source just told me via WhatsApp @LCFC in contract negotiations with Jack Wilshere

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I would actually take him

The only question marks are his fitness which every club has doubts about.

He has to take a salary cut.

He will be getting same wages Arsenal have just offered him. Someone in the Prem will pay him 100k p/w, mainly because he is on a free though.

Looking at the clubs who could/will pay that and where he will get game time, thinking the usual 3... Everton, us and West Ham

36 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Don't like the guy and am not in favour due to his injury record. But all that to one side, his name and the ego that would come with it would totally disrupt the balance of the squad we are building.

That's an extremely presumptuous statement.

26 year old on a free. 1 decent season, injury free - and he'd be worth £30m again by next summer. 

The stumbling block is taking the risk on 100k p/w wages on someone who has had a history of injuries.

Granted, in the last two seasons - he has played more games but he obviously leans more towards glass. than steel!

I think if we could limit our losses with a 2 year deal/option of 3rd - then it could be a risk worth taking. 

People talking of pay as you play deal are deluded. Realistically 2yr 100k p/w with option of 3rd is best we could hope for IMO. 

Edited by STUHILL

I think we would be quite far down his pecking order as I can see him staying in or around the capital. 

I think it's a no brainer if he was interested though, he's a class above every other central midfielder we currently have. Time for Ndidi to move his game forward next season too!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Where do people think he would play in our side? If we hadn' signed Maddison, it would be easy to see but now we have...

That's the issue I'm having, where he would play.

He seems similar to Silva, in that he is pretty light-weight to play a DCM role, but has played there before and done OK.

As with Silva, I expect he is best playing in a midfield 3, in a slightly advanced role, but not so far as a no.10/support striker like Maddison.

Puel seems to like two sitting DCM's, which wouldn't exactly play to Wilshire's strengths, although like Silva, he may still be able to play that role.

I'd be surprised if we are in for him but certainly wouldn't begrudge it, as on a Free, he could be a great bit of business BUT unless we would switch to a midfield 3 of Wilshire---N'didi---Silva, then I don't really see the sense in the signing. 

More I think about this, the more I think to myself that we'd be silly not to try and sign him.

A fully fit Wilshere in my opinion walks into virtually every starting eleven in this league apart from maybe Man City's. Given that he reportedly wants £100k a week and I assume will be looking for a couple of million signing on bonus, to be able to acquire a player of his quality with his peak years ahead of him for circa £20m is an absolute steal in today's market.

Forget his injury record, Arsenal's conditioning has been horrendous for year's now and I'm certain that we could get him fit and playing regularly in order to get the best out of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

More I think about this, the more I think to myself that we'd be silly not to try and sign him.

A fully fit Wilshere in my opinion walks into virtually every starting eleven in this league apart from maybe Man City's. Given that he reportedly wants £100k a week and I assume will be looking for a couple of million signing on bonus, to be able to acquire a player of his quality with his peak years ahead of him for circa £20m is an absolute steal in today's market.

Forget his injury record, Arsenal's conditioning has been horrendous for year's now and I'm certain that we could get him fit and playing regularly in order to get the best out of him. 

After a wee bit of thought... I found myself thinking the same. 

• Like 1

To really simplify a deal, 100k/week on a 2 year deal with optional 3rd and a signing on package worth £5m would be a total outlay of around £15m. I know it's not THAT simple, but for a player of his calibre, I think it's a great price. 

• Like 2