Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Jack Wilshere - signs for WHU 3 year contract

Btw, still only 26!! The same age as Mahrez. Madness really and shows just how long he's been in the spotlight. 

And a free transfer. We should be going all out to. make this happen. 80k a week is fine for a player of his calibre on a free transfer in my opinion.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Btw, still only 26!! The same age as Mahrez. Madness really and shows just how long he's been in the spotlight. 

And a free transfer. We should be going all out to. make this happen. 80k a week is fine for a player of his calibre on a free transfer in my opinion.

He would want far more than  £80k. He's already on £100k and Arsenal are offering a pay cut contract. 

If Wilshere comes he will earn more than Vardy. He will be our highest earner at the club. Not sure it's worth it with his injury record.

• Like 2

Even if he does leave Arsenal there is not a cat in hells chance he will join us.

Plus the first time he falls off the nose bag wagon we wont see him for 6 months because he will be 'injured'.

Edited by m4DD0gg

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Even if he does leave Arsenal there is not a cat in hells chance he will join us.

Plus the first time he falls off the nose bag wagon we wont see him for 6 months because he will be 'injured'.

Why not he went to Bournemouth on loan.

Hugely overrated player in my opinion and constantly injured or having off field problems. His loan season at Bournemouth was a flop. 

On a free transfer he’s good value but I personally think if this guy wasn’t English there would be a lot less hype around him. Danny Drinkwater has won the league more times than Jack. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

A few years ago when we seemed to always have a sports science team you could rely on then then maybe. I wouldn't fancy us to keep him fit now.

They were on PEDs.

Edited by les-tah
  • Haha 1

I could see Wilshere being a good fit for us if we were playing 3 central midfielders some of the time.

A midfield trio of Ndidi, Silva & Wilshere behind Vardy and Iheanacho could be quite tasty.

If we're likely to mainly play a trad 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, I couldn't see it working so well. With that formation, we'd surely need a No.10 or 2nd striker instead (plus about 3 defenders).

He’s played really well for Arsenal this season. Has ability and reads the game well, would be extremely surprised if he came to Leicester. Obviously question marks over his fitness but when he is fit, can be a really effective playmaker. 

On ability it really is a no brainer and anyone claiming he is not good enough I would seriously have to question.  Of course the worries about fitness are reasonable and if people did not want to sign him based on that I would find it hard to argue with.  If he is willing to come here I would happily welcome him as he is a very good footballer and I feel the "risk" is worth it as there would be no transfer fee.  I honestly think with him, Pereira, Roberts, Evans we are heading in the right direction.  All great young(ish) footballers. X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2