Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Technically he isn't as good as Grealish Maddison plays with better players and gives the ball away alot plus misses so many chances i go every week so see alot of Maddison, but its just an opinion.

Still a good player mind you.

It's good to see so many good english players about now. Declan Rice an Grealish are the best two imo. If they played for Spurs people would be bloody raving about them!

Working in California this week and the Jack Grealish incident was a big feature the local news here. The newsreaders were absolutely horrified by it. As someone who lives in Birmingham its embarrassing to have the city making the news for a reason like that. 

On 11/03/2019 at 05:12, Cardiff_Fox said:

Come have a stroll around Harborne or Sutton Coldfield 

I worked a few areas in Bham during the 2010 census.

Scary and eye opening are two words i would use. 

Forget BASE jumping or F1 driving... if you want adrenaline and excitement... Try walking through Lozzels Rd or Harbourne in the evening, knocking on doors and saying.. im from the government lol 

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Forget BASE jumping or F1 driving... if you want adrenaline and excitement... Try walking through Lozzels Rd or Harbourne in the evening, knocking on doors and saying.. im from the government lol 

I found the only good thing about working in Birmingham was leaving it every night and driving home ...   never really got on with the funny way they talked there ..   I think God had marked them out on purpose.

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I found the only good thing about working in Birmingham was leaving it every night and driving home ...   never really got on with the funny way they talked there ..   I think God had marked them out on purpose.

lol the black country voice is a thing of beauty... no wait, its like the sound of nails on the worlds biggest blackboard thats it..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Nah ...   it’s worse than that ...

To be fair, i worked in the City Centre for a magazine and i really enjoyed that, some lovely people (boss was a total cvnt) and a nice location. We had a journo who supported Bham and another sales guy who was WBA so that was entertaining. To think when i was there, they were ALL in the Prem and we were struggling in the Champ!! :( 

Mind you... it would take me 45 minutes to go 6 miles on my way home every night... lol on the day i resigned and had to leave the company car... i walked home and in all honesty it took about the same time!

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

To be fair, i worked in the City Centre for a magazine and i really enjoyed that, some lovely people (boss was a total cvnt) and a nice location. We had a journo who supported Bham and another sales guy who was WBA so that was entertaining. To think when i was there, they were ALL in the Prem and we were struggling in the Champ!! :( 

Mind you... it would take me 45 minutes to go 6 miles on my way home every night... lol on the day i resigned and had to leave the company car... i walked home and in all honesty it took about the same time!

Yeah it wasn’t really that bad when I was there ...   in fact I went out with a girl from the Black Country ...   it was great as long as she kept her mouth shut ..   a packet of pork scratchings normally did the trick ...   :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Lozzels yes but I think you are getting Harborne mixed up with Handsworth. The houses around Harborne are worth millions, the high street has about ten decent restaurants on it and has a private school on the top end of it. 

The city gets a lot of stick and the areas aren’t the best, in fact it’s very difficult to afford a place has a first time which isn’t in an area without problems. But it’s surrounded by wealth  and business wise it’s by far the best the midlands has 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Lozzels yes but I think you are getting Harborne mixed up with Handsworth. The houses around Harborne are worth millions, the high street has about ten decent restaurants on it and has a private school on the top end of it. 

The city gets a lot of stick and the areas aren’t the best, in fact it’s very difficult to afford a place has a first time which isn’t in an area without problems. But it’s surrounded by wealth  and business wise it’s by far the best the midlands has 

you may be right, there were a few places that i had to cover that just scarred me :) I thought it was Harborne where i went in to fill the form out with someone, they had 7 kids, 4 different surnames all in the one house. But it became a bit of a blur.

On the other hand, i visited some old folk who hadnt had visitors for months... one poor old love, the flat was spotless, doilies on all the tables, pics of the deceased hubby etc... she made me a cup of tea and talked my ear off for an hour, i just sat and listened as she had no-one in her life :(

right outside a drug deal was being done as i left  :whistle: :facepalm:

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

lol the black country voice is a thing of beauty... no wait, its like the sound of nails on the worlds biggest blackboard thats it..

Black Country and Brummie accent are quite different.

I don't mind Birmingham, some nice places to eat and drink if you can tear yourself away from New St.

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

how good were leeds last night, crikey 

Big game Saturday. Sheff United like going to ER as well if my memory isn’t on the piss. Towns going to be an absolute Shit show from 5pm Friday onwards, love it. Can’t wait to see them come up. 

37 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hope Norwich and Leeds come up.

Just can't bring myself to like Sheffield United.

On relegation - Ipswich look certain to drop which is a damn shame, Bolton can drop too and hopefully Millwall - if not happy for the ultimate tinpot club Reading to take the plunge.

I dont think anyone can bring themselves to like Leeds. They can stay out of the premier league forever for me. And Millwall being relegated would be good. League 1 is about as good as they should be. I live in Bolton and it is a shame to see a club that has been run so poorly. Really shows how lucky we are to have our owners when you see the absolute shit show that goes on at clubs like Bolton. The FA should never allow a club to get into that sort of mess. 

On 12/03/2019 at 16:02, rachhere said:

Working in California this week and the Jack Grealish incident was a big feature the local news here. The newsreaders were absolutely horrified by it. As someone who lives in Birmingham its embarrassing to have the city making the news for a reason like that. 

My Last night of a 2 week trip to CaliforniaI...First time on West Coast of the US and love it. Stupidly set my alarm to 4.00am to watch the Watford game on NBC? Lots of coverage of English matches and as Rach said the fans assault of Grealish got plenty of airtime....

14 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I dont think anyone can bring themselves to like Leeds. They can stay out of the premier league forever for me. And Millwall being relegated would be good. League 1 is about as good as they should be. I live in Bolton and it is a shame to see a club that has been run so poorly. Really shows how lucky we are to have our owners when you see the absolute shit show that goes on at clubs like Bolton. The FA should never allow a club to get into that sort of mess. 

I don't know about Leeds, I think it's about time they had something to shout about given the years of mismanagement and failure. Also, they're a well supported club and would add something to the PL. Not saying I like their supporters mind.

Shame about Bolton, it is a shame for their fans - but always viewed them as a typical Lancashire up and at em hoofball side, much like Burnley - pashun merchants. Also dropping a league can often drive these owners out and aloow them to rebuild - if they go down don't think they will plummet out of existence, far too gritty a club.

Ipswich is the one that gets me - small town club in remote location that's punched well above its expected weight for decades, have a great tradition of attacking football and blooding youngsters (that they always sell) - think they are going down to their 'natural' level now and its a shame seeing these clubs that can't financially compete any more unless they have a uber rich backer a la Bournemouth.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros