Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Derby available for £1 if anyone fancies it 

Their owner is apparently losing £2m a month to keep them as competitive as possible.

Sadly think that another Far East businessman/consortium ownership will happen here now.

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2019 at 14:48, Langston said:

They've got the tightest defence in the Championship but only three clubs have scored fewer goals than Middlesbrough and two of those are the the bottom clubs in the division. 

They're on a shit run of form and I'm amazed they're still in the play-offs. Really don't want them up. Fancy Wednesday or even Preston to switch places with them, looks like Bristol City have collapsed.

Wouldn't fancy Leeds if they fail to go up automatically for some reason.

Still plenty of time to go and I'm crap at predictions but I think we're going to have Norwich, Sheffield United and Villa come up. Shame because I'd love to see Leeds and Wednesday back in the big time, we need more box office names.

Play offs are gonna be great this season. All decent sized clubs and all are good away days.

Anybody but Wednesay though. Hope they don't sneak in there.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Why sadly Wymesy? 

Look at Forest whilst they were under control with their previous Arab foreign owner Hasawi, Reading now with their current Far East owners, Sheffield Wednesday with Chisori and Blackburn when the Venky's owned them.

A few examples of how chucking money into a football club in order to try and make them as successful as possible in too short a timescale can sometimes back-fire and fail badly.

-

Obviously barring how Vichai and Top controlled/controls LCFC excellently indeed since they first took over, and also Wolves now, the idea of having people/foreign businesses with seemingly poor understanding of how to properly manage a big UK football club cannot always be seen as a positive for the club being took over by them.

Hence, on the whole, would rather have a UK-based consortium taking over clubs here, who have a genuine interest in wanting their chosen club to succeed further and are doing so by complying with the league's ownership laws and regulations - for the benefit of the game.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Look at Forest whilst they were under control with their previous Arab foreign owner Hasawi, Reading now with their current Far East owners, Sheffield Wednesday with Chisori and Blackburn when the Venky's owned them.

A few examples of how chucking money into a football club in order to try and make them as successful as possible in too short a timescale can sometimes back-fire and fail badly.

-

Obviously barring how Vichai and Top controlled/controls LCFC excellently indeed since they first took over, and also Wolves now, the idea of having people/foreign businesses with seemingly poor understanding of how to properly manage a big UK football club cannot always be seen as a positive for the club being took over by them.

Hence, on the whole, would rather have a UK-based consortium taking over clubs here, who have a genuine interest in wanting their chosen club to succeed further and are doing so by complying with the league's ownership laws and regulations - for the benefit of the game.

Look at Blackpool, Coventry, Bolton, Newcastle, Port Vale, Macclesfield6 o and Notts County. Throw in non-league Nuneaton as well. 

All UK-based consortium or businesspersons who have completely torn those clubs apart. In fact 6 of those clubs have faced the real threat of administration, having no stadium or liquidation. Which hasn’t happened with those named clubs of Forest, Reading, Wednesday or Blackburn. 

Bad chairmen are bad chairmen, regardless of nationality. Interesting you pick on Asian owners when the worst foreign owners have probably been the Belgian at Charlton, the recent Americans at Sunderland and the current Americans at Swansea. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Look at Blackpool, Coventry, Bolton, Newcastle, Port Vale, Macclesfield6 o and Notts County. Throw in non-league Nuneaton as well. 

All UK-based consortium or businesspersons who have completely torn those clubs apart. In fact 6 of those clubs have faced the real threat of administration, having no stadium or liquidation. Which hasn’t happened with those named clubs of Forest, Reading, Wednesday or Blackburn. 

Bad chairmen are bad chairmen, regardless of nationality. Interesting you pick on Asian owners when the worst foreign owners have probably been the Belgian at Charlton, the recent Americans at Sunderland and the current Americans at Swansea. 

Fair point you've made there, to be fair.

I mentioned some football ownership examples from those operating from the Far East, as had read a BBC article relatively recently about their respective impacts (positive and/or negative) within the game and how there's a growing demand from Chinese business people/consortiums to be involved in other popular leagues such as La Liga and Bundesliga and there's some caution from fans of those leagues about this prospect happening.

Talking about football ownership, generally, very pleased that Blackpool and their fans have got the monkey off their backs (the Oystons) after so many turbulent years.

Really hope they get promotion this season; as they've obviously been punished enough by people who only cared about the £ in wallets, than actually supporting the health of the club.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Birmingham City will be deducted nine points by the English Football League for breaching profitability and sustainability rules, reports BBC WM.

The sanction would see Blues drop from 13th to 18th in the Championship, five points above the relegation zone with eight games to play.

Losses in excess of £13m per year over a three-year period are not accepted under EFL rules.

An Independent Disciplinary Commission considered the matter on Monday.

There is no official confirmation of the punishment from the EFL at this stage, but it is understood that there will be no further financial penalties for the club, nor would they be under a future transfer embargo relating to this issue.

They are the first club to be deducted points since the EFL introduced its new profitability and sustainability regulations at the start of the 2016-17 season.

In January Birmingham revealed a £37.5m loss in the 12 months to the end of June 2018, largely a result of their wage bill rising from £22m to almost £38m after an extensive recruitment drive in the summer of 2017.

In July 2018, they were put under a transfer embargo, which was lifted before Championship clubs were warned at a meeting in September of potential penalties - as high as 21 points - for breaches of spending regulations.

Blues had, by then, been given permission to sign five more loan players in August, but they were allowed only one signing in January.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47667742

• Haha 1

I don't think they'll go down I think they have got enough quality to keep them up, however there on a bad run of form and I believe they've played three and not scored in three so it's going to be a very tight ending for Birmingham. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I don't think they'll go down I think they have got enough quality to keep them up, however there on a bad run of form and I believe they've played three and not scored in three so it's going to be a very tight ending for Birmingham. 

I heard a rumour and stuck a few quid on them going down earlier this week at 12/1. Weirdly, the odds went up to 16/1 after the deduction lol

Edited by Facecloth

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I heard a rumour and stuck a few quid on them going down earlier this week at 12/1. Weirdly, the odds went up to 16/1 after the deduction lol

There was talk of the Football League pressing for a 12 point reduction- odds probably took that into consideration.

37 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Surprised that Forest and Villa didn't get into some sort of trouble, too, with their recent finances.

They need to get promoted to join the safety of the Prem. Otherwise no doubt they will end up being in the same boat next season or the one after.