Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Absolute awful affairs at Bolton continue as home games in doubt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47787062

Bolton Wanderers' next two Championship home games against Ipswich and Middlesbrough are in doubt after they were issued with an order preventing fans entering the ground.

The area's Safety Advisory Group met on Tuesday and said it "was not prepared to put the public at risk".

It's sad for the fans but the club is getting everything it deserves. There has to be consequences somewhere down the line. Hopefully they get relegated for a start, cut some costs and start rebuilding. No sympathy for clubs like this though, only with the fans.

It's sad for the fans as they've done nothing than support their team. It's happening far too much in football, too much on money being spent at the top the level and teams in the lower leagues desperate to get that bit of action, decide to risk it and over spend to get there. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Absolute awful affairs at Bolton continue as home games in doubt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47787062

If, although they'll probably agree to play behind closed doors right before matches are scheduled to start, those games do fail to happen - would that mean their opposition will win the 3 points?

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:16, ealingfox said:

McLaren sacked. 

This made me laugh in Grauniad.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/05/football-transfer-rumours-liverpool-richarlison-70million

Finally, some good news for a group of supporters who haven’t had much of that in recent years: the leading contender for the vacant QPR job is … Tim Sherwood! Triffic!

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

I like the look of Pukki, really intelligent player- gets in behind an awful lot for someone without a huge amount of pace.

26 goals in 37 games and signed on a free transfer.

I didn't even know he used to play for Celtic.

5 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Far too easy for Norwich. Good football mind you.

They remind me of our team in 2013/14. A lot of one-goal wins earlier in the season, gradually gaining more confidence then flying through when the pressure is supposed to be on.

5 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I like the look of Pukki, really intelligent player- gets in behind an awful lot for someone without a huge amount of pace.

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

26 goals in 37 games and signed on a free transfer.

I didn't even know he used to play for Celtic.

I live with a Narch fan who raves about him, I keep joking that he'll be who we buy off them next.  Being serious though I've not really seen much of him but by all accounts this is the best season he's had as a pro, performing far above what was expected of him when he signed.  When he's in the Premier League next year it will be very interesting to see if he can keep it going though I fear this season's his flash in the pan.

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Norwich are being allowed to play some attractive Football, QPR are standing still. Is this a result of Mclarens coaching?? 

The only possible downside to binning off Schteve would be to replace him with someone even more useless - “Tactics” Tim Sherwood is being strongly tipped >_<