Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

7 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

My Last night of a 2 week trip to CaliforniaI...First time on West Coast of the US and love it. Stupidly set my alarm to 4.00am to watch the Watford game on NBC? Lots of coverage of English matches and as Rach said the fans assault of Grealish got plenty of airtime....

California is great isn't it! I am hoping to watch the Leicester match on Saturday which should start around 8am which is more respectable. Having had a browse it looks like you if you are in the states you can stream matches on NBCSN for free... I am hoping anyway as I don't have it on my TV in the hotel..! 

49 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Anyone from Villa will be grossly overpriced , i think we can forget this one. They will just slap a 40 million tag on him .

On 12/03/2019 at 15:31, Cake said:

Wouldn't get Grealish or Tielemans for 40 million anyway. 

Villa are so deep in the FFP shite, with such a high wage bill, they must either go up or change their tune.

How would they avoid selling one or both of McGinn and/or Grealish?  Those are their only valuable, saleable (i.e. young and club-owned) players.

Grealish’s new contract has a 30M release clause BTW.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Villa are so deep in the FFP shite, with such a high wage bill, they must either go up or change their tune.

How would they avoid selling one or both of McGinn and/or Grealish?  Those are their only valuable, saleable (i.e. young and club-owned) players.

The way they are playing presently they have every chance of the playoffs . 30m not so bad , as i would expect they'd want similar for McGinn but if we are buying Tielemans i cant see us splashing out big money twice. I guess that would depend on anyone leaving us and Silva making half the Tielemans deal. 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Yep. Agreed. Although they are on a better footing with the new owners who are among the most wealthy in football. 

If they don't go up worth a look. Both are decent. Would improve City.

I think they may go up through the play offs, should do really with the team they have. 

Edited by Cake

They've got the tightest defence in the Championship but only three clubs have scored fewer goals than Middlesbrough and two of those are the the bottom clubs in the division. 

They're on a shit run of form and I'm amazed they're still in the play-offs. Really don't want them up. Fancy Wednesday or even Preston to switch places with them, looks like Bristol City have collapsed.

Wouldn't fancy Leeds if they fail to go up automatically for some reason.

Still plenty of time to go and I'm crap at predictions but I think we're going to have Norwich, Sheffield United and Villa come up. Shame because I'd love to see Leeds and Wednesday back in the big time, we need more box office names.

18 hours ago, Langston said:

They've got the tightest defence in the Championship but only three clubs have scored fewer goals than Middlesbrough and two of those are the the bottom clubs in the division. 

They're on a shit run of form and I'm amazed they're still in the play-offs. Really don't want them up. Fancy Wednesday or even Preston to switch places with them, looks like Bristol City have collapsed.

Wouldn't fancy Leeds if they fail to go up automatically for some reason.

Still plenty of time to go and I'm crap at predictions but I think we're going to have Norwich, Sheffield United and Villa come up. Shame because I'd love to see Leeds and Wednesday back in the big time, we need more box office names.

Absolutely. Anyone but Middlesbrough to be promoted.

Sheff Utd and Norwich I am happy with, want a local team back up as well, any of Derby, WBA or Villa. Or even Forest if they can push into the playoffs.

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Bullshit, trying to weasel out of any accusations against him being one of the problems 

He must be the unluckiest manager in the world. Amazing that all these financial problems seem to follow him around.

Edited by ttfn