Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Villa were flowing right from the start, Derby had a decent last 25 minutes. Waggy and Marriott made things happen and unsettled the Villa defence. Huddlestone too much like a testimonial player, smooth passer but slows things down too much and telegraphs where the balls going, whilst it can be sensible to be cautious sometimes Derby were too cautious and timid first half, CB distribution very cagey too. I would say it's come a year too early for Derby but without Wilson and Mount they can't just build on it, they need to find even more just to start at this current level.

6 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Hope not, looked awful today.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No thanks.

He's got a lot of learning to do still. Don't think he's ready for the PL.

He completely lost his head when his team needed him whereas Grealish kept calm.

Yeah, agree. Was more a reference on everyone loving him on the transfer part of the forum 

Derby are terrible. I was hoping they'd win today but they really are a negative team.  Spent so much money over the years but have nothing at all to show for it. Not even assets they can sell. 

How's  their FFP looking? 

26 minutes ago, Livid said:

Against Leeds and today Derby didn't get going until they were two goals down.

The Championship is just weird!!!

Leeds acting they're relevant still

• Like 1

If Lampard gets the Chelsea job, backed by the press and pundits, it will render all the crying about British coaches not getting top jobs as bollocks. There is no way he is more qualified than the likes of Brendan Rodgers, Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche for that role. Even Chris Wilder and Dean Smith should, on merit, be ahead of him in the running.

I know he knows the club etc, but to go from 6th in the Championship to 3rd in the Premier League in one go?

15 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Has anyone got a worse record than derby in the champs playoffs? Certainly in the last 10 years

4 play offs in the last 6 years. 4 losses.

They just aren't very good. Every team they've come up against have been better than them. Every Derby team I've watched since 2014 have looked distinctly average and I don't know how they keep getting into the top 6.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

If Lampard gets the Chelsea job, backed by the press and pundits, it will render all the crying about British coaches not getting top jobs as bollocks. There is no way he is more qualified than the likes of Brendan Rodgers, Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche for that role. Even Chris Wilder and Dean Smith should, on merit, be ahead of him in the running.

I know he knows the club etc, but to go from 6th in the Championship to 3rd in the Premier League in one go?

Doesn't Solskjaer set a precedent though for sentimental appointments?

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Completely agree

Though I think it’ll happen

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Completely agree

Though I think it’ll happen

In all fairness for a club about to have a transfer ban there won't be many who know better the very many youth players they have out on loan as he managed the youth team for a while before going to Derby.

I would still imagine its a bit early for him to go to Chelsea but as they say, if you're good enough you're old enough... not sure its the same in management as man management experience is rarely a natural gift and takes time but who knows he may have it.

27 minutes ago, Corky said:

Derby's best team was in 2014. I was glad they lost to QPR because I felt they'd be close to us the next season, both as newly-promoted clubs. Since then they haven't hit those heights.

It is mad to think that since the Zamora goal which was the difference between them joining us or not, we've finished in the top half three times, won the league, played in the Champions League quarter finals, and Derby still haven't even gone up lol 

• Haha 2